shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2005 8:57:08 PM
Author: fmilasi
Sorry MrsFrk, but I am here to learn a little more about diamonds and to speak my opinion, not to be judged by a stranger (which speaks volumes about you too, dear).
The thing I really love is the hypocrisy! You just called anyone who likes a "generic asscher" tasteless. This is not judgmental? I love royal asschers, but I have seen some great non-branded asschers too! Not to mention the fact that RAs do NOT look so hot in smaller sizes.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
To go back to the topic, that 0.88ct RA is definitely outstanding. It''s obviously priced according to the brand, but I don''t find it very expensive, considering its beauty.

To FM, ''''there''s a diamond for everyone''''. The fact you like exclusively RAs does not mean all the others do, as well. If we were all to think like you, there would be no generic 6-prongs setting.. only tiffany rings.
14.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geez. I''m certainly glad there wasn''t a "Round" family or a "Pear" family ... IMO the term "Asscher" is shorthand for a shape we all (or those of us on a Diamond BB) would recognize as a cut-cornered square step cut. # of steps may vary, depth of the cut corners may vary ... but an "Asscher" is basically an "Asscher". 99.9% of the people you''d ever come upon wouldn''t have any idea about "Royal Asschers" - as it''s a relatively new invention in the scheme of things. Having seen under 2ct "Royal Asschers" and what we''d generally refer to as "Asschers" (sq cut emerald w/cut corners) .. I MUCH prefer the latter, as the former is IMO 1) dark 2) chaotic 3) overpriced 4) prism-like in a bad way and, worse of all, 5) much smaller spread for the ct. weight due to its cut.

I''m amazed that someone would purportedly show up looking for help only to turn around & "school" us on the "fakes" & "Fords" we''ve been "passing off" as "Asschers".

Double groan.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results