shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher EGL Certified?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
belle, yeah...that''s what it''s all about...i want the best i can reasonably afford. and, really, it''s just that whatever amount i spend on the stone, i wanna make sure it''s the best i can get for that amount. and, i want quality....so, whatever amount it takes for that quality...and good, honest customer service is what i''m lookin'' for. it''s tough to find that. hey, here''s how i see it...( the guys are gonna get pissed at me here)...a person can go out and spend 20 thou ( or much more) on a harley davidson and not bat an eye. but, when it comes to the what the girls like (i''m sure they do like guys on harley''s...lol...) ....diamonds...many of guys can''t imagine spendin'' that much cash. i''m willin'' to do that...but, i''m beginnin'' to feel like i''m beggin'' some of these dealers to bring somethin'' in for me. anyhow...........

what line of work? oh boy...well, i''m probably gonna get slammed...lol....prison guard. i''ve got plenty of stories...lol....(okay, here comes the hate mail...lol.)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 11:49:45 PM
Author: TierHog

but, i''m beginnin'' to feel like i''m beggin'' some of these dealers to bring somethin'' in for me. anyhow...........
yep..i know that feeling.
27.gif
sheesh.

you''re not gonna get hate mail for being a prison guard! well...maybe from strm..i think he''s still a little bitter about that whole ordeal
25.gif
(just kidding! strm knows i love him) i''m glad you told me your profession...that makes me appreciate the ''good lookin'' out'' even more.
2.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
kaleigh.... i missed your post...sorry...i want the best cut...somethin'' that when you look into it, you''re pulled into it. it''s not all about sparkle....sparkle''s for kids...i want somethin'' that just draws you into it. like fine, fine art. it takes time to admire and try to figure out what it is...make sense? anyhow.....nuthin'' against the round/princess cut crowd (for each, their own), if it''s about ''bling, bling''...go for it. i just don''t want it...that''s what you see on every girls finger..........(okay, here comes the hate mail...lol)

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
belle...what ordeal with storm? crap...it has to do with guards? ....as usual, i''m in trouble! now he (or she''s) gonna give me ''bunk'' advice? lol....no, really, this is not a ''laughing'' matter...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2006 12:08:21 AM
Author: belle

but, i''m beginnin'' to feel like i''m beggin'' some of these dealers to bring somethin'' in for me. anyhow...........
27.gif
sheesh.

you''re not gonna get hate mail for being a prison guard! well...maybe from strm..i think he''s still a little bitter about that whole ordeal
25.gif
(just kidding! strm knows i love him) i''m glad you told me your profession...that makes me appreciate the ''good lookin'' out'' even more.
2.gif

yea belle it was kinda rough when I came to visit ya in that prison.
Nice orange outfit ya had too :}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2006 12:19:53 AM
belle...what ordeal with storm? crap...it has to do with guards? ....as usual, i''m in trouble! now he (or she''s) gonna give me ''bunk'' advice? lol....no, really, this is not a ''laughing'' matter...

dont worry prison guards are ok its cops I have no use for.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2006 12:19:53 AM
hehehe..but it IS a laughing matter! i was just joking about strm... that was a long time ago, he''s cool now.
i am SOO kidding! strm has never been in prison. (that i know of
11.gif
)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2006 12:22:34 AM
Author: strmrdr

27.gif
sheesh.

25.gif
2.gif

hahahaha..yeah right! i think your computer times'' about up mister. back to the bunks for you!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2006 12:29:45 AM
Date: 2/24/2006 12:22:34 AM

Author: strmrdr

27.gif
sheesh.

25.gif
2.gif

hahahaha..yeah right! i think your computer times'' about up mister. back to the bunks for you!

Now you can see why she got 30 days in the hole on bread and water.
Too sassy for her own good :razz:

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
belle....storm...you folks are killin'' me....lol. usually cops are ''all that and a bag o'' chips'' (prison term as far as i know...lol...meaning ''the best'') and us guards are the not so respected ones....anyhow....lol....(did belle start a guard thread? i dunno....) yeah, let''s put belle in the ''hole'' (administrative segregation) with ...well, not bread and water (that''s the movies...or mexico! lol....) ...but for sure a tv...lol. okay, where was i? oh yeah, diamonds........a royal...baby!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
11.gif
for ron
and
11.gif
11.gif
for strm
and an extra
11.gif
because you both deserve it!

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
belle....just kiddin'..... :)

callista

Rough_Rock
Sorry your search has been rather difficult. Did you happen to look at the stones that were called in for you? What store was that? Maybe you need a small break from diamond searching...it gets a little crazy and blurry when it''s all you do.

Try Diamond Brokers of Florida. They carry RA''s.

If I were you though, I''d take a look at a RA before I really decide! Who knows? It may not be the look you want to go for.

Call Davidson and Licht...they are in Valley Fair mall. I believe they still carry RA.

Good luck, and maybe all you need is a little break from the search!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2006 1:03:27 AM
belle....just kiddin''..... :)
2.gif

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
Hey Tier Hog! I just stumbled on your post today, and I have a Royal Asscher, its 2.63, and its amazing. We were in the same boat, deciding between generic and royal, went to see it in person and were totally blown away by the RA. Look up my posts under Royalasschergirl and you should find pictures.

I know there''s a big debate about the premium, we lived it! Take it from me (and my fiance who had to pay for it!) it was WAY worth it. Feel free to PM me for more detail, either I or my fiance would be happy to give you advice any time.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
callista...thank you for your info...i have had my eye on a coupla royals with dbof....they have a .54 (for my ring), 1.23 and 1.96 i''m interested in. just tryin'' to find other royals and do some comparison shopping...royals are tough to locate. davidson and licht, in walnut creek, ca., had one mounted in a simple ''tiffany'' setting. it was 1.51, f, vs1...about 20k. too much. they told me they could get ahold of three other royals...1.02, 1.12, 1.14...11,9k...14,9k....14,2k...respectively. i thought that was a bit ridiculous, considering what available at dbof. so, based on the prices from davidson...i decided to not waste my time drivin'' to them....

another jewelry shop in walnut creek, ca., who i''m still considerin''....called in a royal 1.27, f, vvs1 at 13,9k. i thought that also was a bit high...but, i might call him to see if he still has it, make sure he''s final on the price...and maybe take a drive to look...he compared the royal with a non-branded asscher cut 1.51, i, vvs2, vg/g, 67/72 tbl/dep (which i didn''t care for)...cost of 8600. i performed a pscope search and found this guy to be about 2 thou higher than pscope vendors on the 1.51. on the phone, he compared them side by side for me. i asked him if he felt there was a 5300 buck difference between the two stones...''no''.

now, when i say that i think prices are a bit high, i''m comparing them to dbof...and fabrikant (which may have a 1.22 royal vvs1 g x/x at 12,5k).

a local guy who promised me wonderful things...callled in 4 stones (which i highly appreciated). they are all SE''s. even tho'' i was told one was a royal. i knew it was not based on the egl cert and visually there was really no difference in cut compared to the other SE. the price for these stones? watch this: 1.02, g, si1-8k, 1.03, g, vs2-6200, 1.07g, vs2-7500 and 1.13g, vs2-10 friggin'' g''s! all egl certs...here''s the kicker...i found the EXACT stones listed with pscope vendors and the prices on avg. for each given stone were between 3200 and 4000 bucks. markup? why rip me off like that? .....

callista..you''re right that i probably need a break from all this hunting...but, i still keep on pushin'' girl....i can''t stop until i''ve got my rock.

royal asscher girl....thank you also for takin'' the time to reply to me...i''ll check out your threads later tonite (been runnin'' my dogs to the vet today for their shots and baths) after i return from the vets office. thanks for the PM invite. i probably with take you up on that....

2.63? my goodness....heck, i''m only in the range of 1.25 or so. i have read a few times on this site that people think that under 2ct, royals are a waste of money. what''s up with that?

thanks all....

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
i forgot...gog replied to me with a 1.74, i, vs1, vg/g, faint, at 14,3k....i dunno..........might as well grab the j color 1.96 from dbof for well under 14k....heck, maybe i''ll just get a damn princess or round.....tons upon tons of ''em everywhere....

callista

Rough_Rock
DON''T DO IT!!!!!!!
face23.gif

I think you need a break...but seeing how you are, you''ll still keep looking! Which I admire, because you want to find your gal the right diamond for the right price.

But, if this is all getting too stressful, and you think you may be compromising or giving up on your original idea...it''s time to back away from the computer screen...slooooowly!

Don''t give up on the asschers, they are truly a beauty. I personally have been looking for almost a year, and still have not found the perfect stone to fit my budget, but I''ve messed with my budget from 10 K to 12 K, now I''m going for 9K! I''ve gone back and forth with my specs, trying to be more realisitic to what is out there and what I can''t sacrifice.

When I went diamond shopping with my friend, I went in wanting a 1.4 to 1.5, now I''m content with my original size of 1.25, with an option to upgrade at a later date. I tried on the 1.25 which they dropped into a setting and it looked great!

The PSers here say numbers are important, but your eyes are your best tools when looking at fancies, and I have to agree.
Maybe you should spend more time looking at the real deal than pictures. I know it is quite a drive for you, but maybe the drive will calm you.
emwink.gif

Remember, (and no offense to round owners!) rounds and princesses are a dime a dozen...asschers are one in a million!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No stick with asschers. Please!!!
1.gif

belle was in the clinker??? Nah she''s too smart to get in any kind of trouble.
9.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
kaleigh...i''m tryin'' to stick with the square emerald or royal....

callista...the guy from the bay area (california) who called in the royal emailed me today to ask if i still wanted to check it out ''cuz he has to send it back to wherever it came from....i''m thinkin'' of drivin'' tomorrow (about 5hr. round trip drive) to actually see a royal. i emailed him to tell him i may come and he better get the bottom line on the price. i really would like to see a real royal next to an SE. he has both. the SE''s bigger...i''m lookin'' for the cut tho'', not necessarily the size.

yeah, i''m gonna keep pushin'' on....i''m not gonna get a princess or round. i''ve spent too much time with the royal/SE ''studies'' to give up and switch up now. can''t sleep, won''t sleep...until satisfied...i do have to get the best of the best of the best cuts i can find for my girl.

i think that 1.25 is gonna be plenty on my gal''s finger, 4.5. as far as tradin'' up, that''s a good customer service option. but, i dunno may girls who''ll give up their e''ring for upgrade at a later date. think about it...but, nuthin'' wrong with stayin'' in the royal game and in the future when a good deal comes up...grab it and mount it...around your neck, on the right hand pinky, on your ears....whatever. :)

yeah, the drive to the bay''ll probably ease my mind once i see the stone...i''m gonna dig it ...or dish it.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Just thought I''d chime in about the prices on the royal asschers. Now I got lucky and found a 1.35ct H/VS1 in a setting for $7500 (consignment deal), but the guy I talked to at a local store yesterday said he could get me a royal with those same, if not better specs for less. Said he could probably get me up to the 1.5ct area for about the same as I paid. Just got a call from him today, said he was in the midst of purchasing a 1.33 G/VS1, supposed to let me know tomorrow on the price, but he said it would be less than what I had paid. Also mentioned a 1.22ct H/VS1. We shall see...

qqq

callista

Rough_Rock
Wow!

5 hr trip! Good luck! Where will you be going?

You might want to call the store ahead of time before your trip if their prices are competitive with others stores or online vendors. If they are, print out some proces of similar stones to see if they can match the pricing.

qqq,

Wow, someone can beat that RA pricing of yours and with better specs????

Like I said before, if it''s too good to be true, it probably is.

But I would love to be proven wrong in this case! Let us know how that turns out qqq!

And Tierdog, I hope you get osmething good out of your trip!
9.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
triple q...i agree with callista on the price of the royals quoted by whoever you''re dealin'' with. i was recently told by a local jeweler that the SE i was lookin'' at was a royal. i almost checked the guy, but, i let it go. he was either misinformed, or a snake. either way, he lost a sale. i can tell you qqq that if an actual royal in the 1.5ct range could be bought for under 7500...i''d buy it sight unseen and tip the dealer a grand! good luck tho'', and, thank you very much for sharing your info with me. we all help each other!

callista, i''m still debating the drive. i''ll wait until the jeweler opens shop and give ''em call on final price.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
I agree, it sounds a little too good to be true, but he said because they pay all cash for their diamonds, that they can get better prices than most internet outfits. Anyways, he said all the stones have GIA certs, so it should be real easy to tell if the stones are true royal asschers or just SEs. I''m still skeptical, but willing to give the guy a chance to prove me wrong :)

qqq

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Well, I spoke with the local jeweler again today, and he tells me he has the following royal asschers available: a 1.22 H/vvs1 for $6200, a 1.35 H/vs1 for $6100, and a 1.33 G/vs1 for $7000. So I start asking him about them, and I finally ask him to reassure me that they are in fact royal asschers, not just generic asschers. Turns out, he had no idea there was a difference. I tried to explain it to him, and he just says, "an asscher is an asscher, as far as I know". Hehe, oh well, I gave him a shot, but once again...if it seems to good to be true...

qqq

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
triple q....too bad those prices didn''t work out. funny, sometimes i have a hard time believin'' these jewelers haven''t heard of a royal...
my ''guestimate'' is that if you add between 3500-5500 bucks....or even more, on top of those quotes then you''d be talkin'' royals...
i''m in a major dilemma (sp) right now about puttin'' up the extra for the royal. ''royalasschergirl'' has a few threads here about here beautiful, huge, ROYAL asscher. check her out......i''m stumped. the options i know to get royals, whom i''ve been exchanging email with are diamond brokers of florida and jay mednikow. i think the websites are dbof.com and mednikow.com...

callista...i didn''t get to talk with the jeweler a coupla hours away. i left a mesg. (he was with a customer), but he didn''t get a chance to return my call today. i''ll probably call again monday or so. if he''s willin'' to negotiate a price close to the internet, i''ll probably give him my business. if he won''t....i''m forced to buy the fedex way...

off to search some forums for jay mednikow and royalasschergirl...oh, and kaleigh.

anyone else out there actually own a royal asscher and are willing to share?

thanks....

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2006 10:35:34 PM
triple q....too bad those prices didn't work out. funny, sometimes i have a hard time believin' these jewelers haven't heard of a royal...
my 'guestimate' is that if you add between 3500-5500 bucks....or even more, on top of those quotes then you'd be talkin' royals...
i'm in a major dilemma (sp) right now about puttin' up the extra for the royal. 'royalasschergirl' has a few threads here about here beautiful, huge, ROYAL asscher. check her out......i'm stumped. the options i know to get royals, whom i've been exchanging email with are diamond brokers of florida and jay mednikow. i think the websites are dbof.com and mednikow.com...

callista...i didn't get to talk with the jeweler a coupla hours away. i left a mesg. (he was with a customer), but he didn't get a chance to return my call today. i'll probably call again monday or so. if he's willin' to negotiate a price close to the internet, i'll probably give him my business. if he won't....i'm forced to buy the fedex way...

off to search some forums for jay mednikow and royalasschergirl...oh, and kaleigh.

anyone else out there actually own a royal asscher and are willing to share?

thanks....
Here's a pic of the one I just bought, not the greatest photo, but, here it is. By the way, that setting doesn't do the RA justice imo, and I will be putting it in a custom halo setting...

Attachments

• royalCC1qqq.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 112

ithinkthisistheone

Rough_Rock
That GOG 1.74 stone was posted on their site a few weeks ago.... sounds pretty good for a royal at $14k

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd venture to say that some non RA look pretty close to the brand's look - if the proportions are close even though that one extra step is missing. On smaller diamonds this does not sound like a loss to me (because the facets are smaller in absolute terms - and this is what the story about 2 cts line is about, as far as I know).

Now, sure enough... it doesn't look like most non RA have similar proportions and looks. Far from that... but worth looking around.... You know, just a 2c opinion.

It sounds like any step cut diamond over 1.5cts and below 7.5k is going to be H-I/VS2-Si1. And in that bracket, I was quite surprised to find anything remotely on the money with the details talked about on this thread. Let alone something ncie. AFter all, not every diamond gets a picture online (just yet)
2.gif

The RA are really bright stones- with little or none of the dark extiction found in the deep cut SE. That the asscher cut is a deep cut is surely not a myth, and the extra step in the RA helps brighten up a little more depth... but the old deep stones although had allot of the depth in the form of a high crown like none of the modern cuts have (over 20% sometimes). And that kept them from being dark. The black rings of extinction in modern Ec don't make me happy at all - and this is the one reason I preffer the RA. Or less deep cut SE, like this one. Aside the rough facts, this is a 2c personal opinion though. You may find a related exibit in the refference chart of emerald cut diamonds at ideal-scope.com - the sample for the best slot on the chart is such a stone with no extinction (black under the 'scope) to speak of.

Long story short - this is what triggered this post:

Weight 1.5, Size: 6.72 x 6.51 mm, Depth 64.2%, Table: 54.2%.
Grades? up to the wholesaler. I wish this wasn't the case
38.gif

76013.jpg

Better example: depth 65 / table 53. .9cts, 'Excellent symmetry' - D/VS (GIA)

75680.jpg

Anyway - I am not saying anything against the RA choice, because I have allot of respect for the cut. It also teaches a great lesson about what any step cut could aspire to, and the extra facets have little to do with it, IMO. The proportions and whatever guys get to call with slight pomp these days 'light architecture', does IHMO. And this is what I am trying to follow here, to the best of my very schetchy abilities
34.gif
I am no expert, of course.
38.gif
pretty obvious that...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results