shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher EGL Certified?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.281.37asscher3.jpg

this one isnt close to being square .. maybe its the wrong diamond?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
facetsasschers.jpg

This is the one id print and take with.
Its unlikely you will find one that perfect because they are simulated but if they come close you know its a good one.

callista

Rough_Rock
Good idea Storm!

Any more word on the AGS S.E. cuts? Are they projected to be cut this year? By Infinity, right?

Should I hold out?

Oh the sheer agony!!!!!!!
39.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 8:39:46 PM
Author: callista
Good idea Storm!

Any more word on the AGS S.E. cuts? Are they projected to be cut this year? By Infinity, right?

Should I hold out?

Oh the sheer agony!!!!!!!
39.gif

They are spose to be releasing it soon.
Im not sure how quickly infinity will be ramping up on them.
Waiting does bring price increases but im curious as to what they will bless with the ags0 rating.
If you find a kicken asscher you love now then buy it, great asschers are hard to find and will be even after AGS releases the grades for a fairly long while.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Storm, if you find an asscher that you love now, I''d snatch it up quickly. Seems like everyone who is looking is having a tough time.

callista

Rough_Rock
I''m crossing my fingers on finding a good one.
12.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all your responses....i think the reason why the stones look off square is because of the way i had to downsize the photos...the original photos i''ve been sent in my email look square, and the specs from the website show them as 1.00 square...

callista...i''ll call and give escobar my specs and see what they can come up with...hopefully, as you say, they''re competitive with the internet prices. like i wrote in an earlier post, two b/m vendors i''ve contacted regarding stones i wanted to see quoted me prices that were way way above that on ps searches...we''re talkin'' the exact same stones. so, if the b/m''s are gonna hi-ball me, i''d just as soon use the internet to get the same stone cheaper...but, i''ll give your recommendations a try. i tell ya tho'', these b/m folks don''t like hearin'' you''ve been learnin'' on the internet...imo....

callista

Rough_Rock
Wow! For that price, it''s a steal!

I''m not a fan of previously owned jewlery though..just me though.
2.gif

I hope you find something at JE or Derco. They have very friendly and helpful staff. They knew I wans''t ready to buy, but still took the time to show me a couple of stones and other jewelry. They even showed me how to use a loupe properly.

I know what you mean about the BMs treating you funny when they know you or "educated" about diamonds. I''ve had the same experience in a couple BM stores. It''s like you are stealing the fun from them or oh darn, they can''t pull the wool over your eyes! But at Derco and JE from my experience, they respect, or at least don''t discount the knowledge you have.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for your input folks....i''ve already emailed jim of james allen and tim of gog about a coupla their stones...while i''m waitin'' on them, i''ll call some of the folks callista''s recommended also...and, still, i''ll keep checkin'' out the threads here regarding asschers and use the ps search...

g''nite folks...thanks again....i''m sure i''ll have some more dumb questions soon...

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
1.37, g, vvs2, 62/69, x/x, thick-faceted, n, n 1.00square...whaddaya guys think?

137gvvs2asscher.jpg

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock

137gvvs2asscher2.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 9:58:58 PM
Author: TierHog
1.37, g, vvs2, 62/69, x/x, thick-faceted, n, n 1.00square...whaddaya guys think?

pass its badly misscut with an off center culet.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
strmrdr...i didn''t notice until you pointed that out....where the windmill points meet in the middle, it looks a bit to the right correct?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 10:08:35 PM
strmrdr...i didn't notice until you pointed that out....where the windmill points meet in the middle, it looks a bit to the right correct?

yep

edit: its one of the most noticable problems also.
The windmills draw the eye to where they meet only its not the center and the brain goes wooooooo something wierd here.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2006 10:04:04 PM
Author: strmrdr

How can you tell that from a tilt in the picture?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 12:34:12 AM
Author: valeria101

practice :}
tilt would affect all the elements of the asscher not just a few of them.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2006 7:58:05 AM

Date: 2/23/2006 12:34:12 AM
Author: valeria101

practice :}
tilt would affect all the elements of the asscher not just a few of them.
Any way to share the trick ?

I find it kind''a hard - with 1-2% culet missalignment present at most and the confusing ''couple of degrees of tilt that tend to look nearly the same. Everything seems to be a matter of a few degress - allot for a diamond, little for a camera.
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm does the tilt effect the overall pattern of the asscher?? One would think so???
34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 8:20:04 AM
Author: kaleigh
Storm does the tilt effect the overall pattern of the asscher?? One would think so???
34.gif
Yes
Thats how you seperate it out from the effect of cut problems.
Seperate the pattern into its elements.
outside
squares
windmills
table
crown facets
corner junctions

Look at each one seperatly for signs of tilt.
If they dont all show the signs of the same tilt there is a cut problem.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, it does appear to me that the asschers in these pics are tilted by the holder....heck, i''m gonna just take all the guess work outta this and go with the royal...okay folks...where do i get my royal?

now, we''re separatin'' the men from the boys.....where''s the royals?

waitin''...ron...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh ron! don''t go crazy on us now!
*cough* *choke* *sputter* ...remembering those prices..

did you talk to wf yet? they have provided some amazing asschers lately. you can *cough* *choke* *sputter* ask them about royals too.. *cough*

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 10:43:54 PM
Author: belle
oh ron! don''t go crazy on us now!

*cough* *choke* *sputter* ...remembering those prices..

did you talk to wf yet? they have provided some amazing asschers lately. you can *cough* *choke* *sputter* ask them about royals too.. *cough*

LOL
WF dont have RA

gog does however....

www.goodoldgold.com

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
belle...lol....yeah....lol...(that was a funny response belle...lol) but, there''s two non patented asscher stones i was interested in...one of them i showed the ''tilted'' pic of that strmrdr didn''t approve of (i do appreciate all folk''s opinions by the way). so, frustrated...i can''t lose with a Royal, right? actually, i lose quite a bit outta my wallet...but, here''s the deal, bob from wf wanted 130 bucks per stone (two stones i requested) shipped to an appraiser a few hours away from me (i''ve heard about the appraiser) to view. i thought that was a little high. and, if i bought one of ''em, i still payed the 130 bucks in shipping for it...if bob''s listenin''...it''s nuthin'' personal and i''m not slammin'' him...this is business...just don''t think it''s right. okay, i''m lookin'' at spendin'' 10 thousand dollars for a stone. not to include the setting, her wedding band, my wedding band. so, i think that bein'' able to view a few stones from a few vendors should not be that damn expensive and i''d appreciate not havin'' to basically beg to look at one, two...or more. look, here''s my real world example...a jeweler about an hour away called in FOUR asscher stones for me. charged me NOTHING. and, informed me before he called in the stones that there was no obligation to buy. when i told him i''d pay for some of the shipping (i do feel a certain obligation...kinda) of the stones, his reply was that it''s part of the business. and, it makes no sense to spend ALOT of money on a stone without lookin'' at however many you need to look at. bottom liine, he informed me that it was the jewelers responsibility to bring in and show the stones...

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
lol....the battle begins ....:) between strmrdr and belle......is it wf...gog? lol...hey folks...i really appreciate you guys!

yeah, gog has a few....i just dunno about the prices....who else offers these stones? and, does anyone have an idea of what a royal should go for...versus a regular asscher? i mean, when it comes to royal...is it skies the limit? no ''guidelines''?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s who ever has the best stone for you. RA''s come at a huge premium which I''m sure you know. I did get mine from GOG. Good luck, they seem to be hard to find lately.
2.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
kaleigh...you have a Royal Asscher?...tell me about it..............all about it. :)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow ron... $130/stone? that is crazy! bob...if you''re listening.. that is too high!
14.gif

the jeweler sounds like the way to go for sure. if they can bring in a few to look at.. do it. i know (know know) you kind find a generic that would be amazing. i know it. i totally understand the frustration and realize it might just be easier to skip to the royal *cough* *choke*...but i totally understand the necessity and i''m with you 100% in doing what is best for you and your peace of mind. there aren''t a lot of royals floating around out there and even though strm would like to think otherwise, i have found through a previous asscher hunt that wf can indeed source them.
2.gif
best of luck ron.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
belle....as we say in my line ''o work....''good lookin'' out''.....lol...that means ''thanks for takin'' care of me''.....i appreciate your advice...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 11:23:43 PM
belle....as we say in my line 'o work....'good lookin' out'.....lol...that means 'thanks for takin' care of me'.....i appreciate your advice...
awesome. i'm gonna start using that line! wait...what kind of work do you do?
20.gif
hehehe..

it's just that i've been there. this is a huge decision and you want to get it exactly right. i'm with you on that...whatever it takes! let's track down those royals!
26.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No Tierhog, mine is a generic asscher. But if you want a royal then go for it!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results