shape
carat
color
clarity

Round or Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I don't think trying out cz's will work.

I have cz's in both round and princess and even when very clean do not replicate the type of brilliance/fire/scintillation that is typical of rounds or princesses. Remember, you are not just buying a shape. Each has a specific type of light/fire pattern that you won't see much of in a cz.

JMO.

orangemonster

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 6:30:54 PM
Author: Angel7
Date: 1/23/2008 5:07:43 PM

Author: idreamofice

Oh Well.....I guess you''ll just have to get one of each
31.gif
9.gif

YES! That is the best suggestion yet!
36.gif
27.gif

WAIT! I have yet ANOTHER suggestion.. whichever shape you choose for your ring...
YOU GET THE OTHER SHAPE IN A PAIR OF EARRINGS! Yup... that''s it... problem SOLVED!
31.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I tried the whole "cz" ring thing, and it didn't work...Most typical CZs in certain shapes (like emerald cut, princess, etc. ) never looks close to correct..so if you do decide to play around with shapes, make sure to get a decent CZ ring....

I like OrangeMonsters suggestion!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Sonoma & UCLA: I agree, they just look the same because the CZ''s don''t show the Princess and Rounds distinct fire/sparkle..etc

Orange: ANOTHER excellent idea! You are too good. Can I give you my bf''s number and you can whisper all these suggestions in his ear?
31.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all...

Well after my LONG day of stone shopping I''m happy to report I decided to go with a....ROUND.
36.gif

As I thought, the princess just doesn''t do it for me anymore. Love what I saw in the rounds..now it''s time to find one!

Thanks to all of you for your help!
9.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Yay ! I was hoping you''d go that way. You will love the larger chunks of color and light a round gives you. Performance is more important than shape, in my opinion. You can "dress it up" a bit with the setting a bit if you want.

Now, you need to tell us about what setting you are thinking of getting.

---

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

I''m a round girl, too. In photos I like princesses, but as soon as I try them on I always fall for the rounds.

sera

Ideal_Rock
OK... here is a totally unbiased opinion because rounds nor princesses were stones I was really considering for my ering.

Between the two, for an e-ring I would go with a round because I would want the max sparkle. For a RHR I would go with either depending on the type of setting I wanted.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Angel, that is great news!

I got the feeling you wanted sparkle....

Enjoy picking out your stone and setting!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hi Angel7 - I can't remember the name of them, but you can get stones that sparkle like a round, but with clipped corners (?!) so they look more square - someone might be able to explain properly (I've had a long day). I think they are called square H&A stones or something. The best of both worlds maybe? Also, if you set a round stone in a 4 prong setting, it can make it look more square - giving you the sparkle of a RB while giving the impression of a more square stone.

ETA: sorry, I have just read the whole thread, and seen my suggestions had already been suggested, and you had decided - sorry, should have read before hitting the reply button! But all is good, keep us updated with the search for the perfect round stone!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Love the square h&a (PoH, etc.), but they really do face up smaller. I had wanted to do it but just couldn't spend the money to get a bigger one to match the size of the round.

Compare - "o" or "O".

Oh, you know what is pretty - a round in a square halo. Makes the stone resemble square. Yes.
37.gif

There it is - great idea - if I do say so myself.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone, I''m really excited about my decision! I just loved the look of the Round and want it to be the focus of the ring..now the setting you asked..there''s the tough part.
20.gif
I''ll attach my history through settings...
Sonoma you asked about my setting - ok here we go: (Again, I''m having problems!)
38.gif

1. Always and still love the 3sided Michael B however it is WAY off the bf''s price range
2. No name setting..loved in the store but when the jeweler took it outside it just didn''t sparkle..more metal than pave and just didn''t do it for me.
3. Simon G setting..again..loved it first time I saw it but when I went back the second time..just did nothing for me!

I have no idea what''s wrong with me and why I''m having such decision issues! I tried on just a plain white gold band and yes it makes the stone just pop but I need a little more pop on the band. Just the way I am.
I would love to have a very thin...3 sided pave band..just came seem to find a reasonably priced one!

Any ideas? Thanks!
36.gif

angel7settinghistorydrama.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea what''s wrong with me and why I''m having such decision issues!>

I don''t think you are. You are just working through your thoughts. Actually, I think you ironed out your ideas fairly quickly.

Knox has pretty settings at decent prices.

Best wishes.

and Happy Ring to you !

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sonoma, I was looking at Knox earlier...they do have some great rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results