shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose gold LOGR square halo with Green grey diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 11:14:29 PM
Author: Lovinggems
30.gif
Wow that''s a beautiful setting and your green diamond looks perfect in it. I must resist colour diamonds, I must resist colour diamonds...
Come over to the dark side - Mwah ha ha!!!
11.gif
27.gif

Thank you LG!!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
What a neat color for a diamond! It looks great in that setting!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful the rose gold setting really does make the stone pop and looks very substantial too!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
Very nice!
-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Literally diamond encrusted! TL, I’m surprised how much better the diamond looks in the setting; it brought out the green and tamped down the grayness.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I like the rose gold setting! Good to see it''s a nice tone...I''m thinking of getting the LOGR legacy style in rose gold! Looks great with your green!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 11:56:28 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 11/18/2009 11:39:55 PM
Author: platinumrock

That is so awesome, TL! We can still get the 'green' look without having Bill Gate's love child or being promoted to Sultan's Head Wife. It's amazing how a colored diamond can have such nice saturation (comparable to a pure color), but its value drops substantially when the modifying color is the dominant color. There is a HUGE difference between pinkish brown and brownish pink.

LOL @ our stones being cousins! Maybe one day, they can have a family reunion.
31.gif
Although your side of the family is much larger than mine!

I can tell you that I find greenish diamonds more appealing than blue ones. They just seem so mystical and mysterious to me, like they have special powers. I don't know, blue diamonds just seem MEH to me. Then again, the color blue just doesn't get my attention, especially in gemstones. But a bluish green or greenish blue??? Now we're talkin! It reminds me of warm tropical waters.
30.gif

Congrats again on finding such a gorgeous, substantial setting for a steal! I am so excited about RG!
PR,
I saw Bill Gates in a magazine the other day, and instantly thought of what you said
blink.gif
. Needless to say, I quickly turned the page!!
emcrook.gif

As for blue diamonds. I saw a half carat fancy light greyish blue that cost about $35K. Well, it was one of those 'I have to imagine the blue color being there.' It didn't appeal to me, especially for the price, so I hear what you're saying.

I may have more colored diamonds, but they have much larger cousins on your side of the family tree - LOL!!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear you're also going to use RG.

Like your diamonds, you are a gem!

ETA: PR, speaking of blue diamonds, this one is rather yummy. You can actually see that it's blue, and it's a gorgeous ring.
18.gif
30.gif
3.gif
It's an HPHT created diamond, but you can see that it's blue!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/her-new-leon-mege-e-ring-havent-proposed-yet.129928/
Hahaaa...come on, TL, it's a small sacrifice for pure colored diamonds!
31.gif
And you're so sweet, thank you. Remember, we're family now. Does that mean I got dibs on the TL Family Bling Inheritance?
27.gif

WOW on that HPHT blue diamond! That sucker looks so natural, I never would have thought it was treated or created. But in the back of my mind, I was still a little..meh. The diamond and color saturation is beautiful, but the blue color is still meh. If that had been a HPHT orange, pink, yellow, green or purple..HELLO!

Oh, and I have a confession. For once, I feel "content" with the colored diamonds that I have. I only have three, but I honestly don't have this urge to look for something bigger or better. What is this strange feeling? I told my husband and he was shocked, he couldn't believe it. Ask me again in 6 months if I still feel "content"....hahaaa.

I can't wait to see more pics of this beauty once it's set!
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
TL!!!! Mmmmmmm...mmmmmmm...mmmmmm
30.gif
That is gorgeous! The setting compliments your diamond perfectly!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 8:44:33 PM
Author: brandy_z28
30.gif
30.gif
Brandy, your post cracked me up! This is the only forum that I know of where women make passes at each other''s rocks.
11.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond looks great in that setting! Can''t wait to see handshots when the project is completed!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
The setting looks like a perfect match for your diamond -- I love how it brings out the green. Oh yes, you are making me long for something in rose gold... Do you have RG rings in addition to the other one w/ your green diamond? If so, would you mind taking photos of your RG rings together after your diamond is set?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 9:05:11 PM

30.gif
30.gif
Brandy, your post cracked me up! This is the only forum that I know of where women make passes at each other's rocks.
11.gif
PR,
As long as she stays away from my hunky Brazilian dreamboat.
2.gif

Thanks Brandy!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 11:06:26 PM
Author: tsavvy
The setting looks like a perfect match for your diamond -- I love how it brings out the green. Oh yes, you are making me long for something in rose gold... Do you have RG rings in addition to the other one w/ your green diamond? If so, would you mind taking photos of your RG rings together after your diamond is set?
Thanks Tsavvy,
Oh man, you''re asking a lot of me!! I have two other rose gold LOGR''s (one in 18K rose gold) and one lan.bo4 rose gold halo with a white gold shank with a pink champagne diamond in it. I''ll see what I can do. I think this ring is going to eclipse all my other rings though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 7:33:58 AM
Author: Chrono
Literally diamond encrusted! TL, I’m surprised how much better the diamond looks in the setting; it brought out the green and tamped down the grayness.
Thanks Chrono,
I''m glad you think so!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone else for their kind words!!
Bling_addict,
Cind11
Arcadian
AraAnn
MaRae
Luckyshe

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 11:10:11 PM

Date: 11/19/2009 9:05:11 PM

30.gif
30.gif
Brandy, your post cracked me up! This is the only forum that I know of where women make passes at each other''s rocks.
11.gif
PR,
As long as she stays away from my hunky Brazilian dreamboat.
2.gif

Thanks Brandy!
TL,

I promise to look but not touch.
10.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely setting and the stone will look great in it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a sneak preview of the set ring when I got it out of the jeweler outside in the early evening sun. I have to charge my camera battery and get more shots.

My daughter said it looked green and blue!! The jeweler thought it was beautiful, and they're pretty snobby.

TLgreendiamondrosesquare.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 7:44:19 PM
Here''s a sneak preview of the set ring when I got it out of the jeweler outside in the early evening sun. I have to charge my camera battery and get more shots.

My daughter said it looked green and blue!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh, apple goodness....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results