shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose gold LOGR square halo with Green grey diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just floored when I opened the box from LOGR, not only did this ring weigh a ton (okay about 7 grams), but it had diamonds all over the place and it was so three dimensional. Keep in mind that these pictures were taken in my car on a very overcast rainy day as I left the shipping place where I picked up the ring. The diamonds are all eye clean and sparkle like crazy. No cloudy ones spotted at all. LOGR really did a wondeful job. This is probably my favorite LOGR and I have many!!

Here is a side view with leaves in the gallery.

TLroseLOGRside.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the shank on my big fat finger, really thick!!

TLroseLOGRshank.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the diamond on a very overcast day. It is not a milky stone, but it does have some yellow fluor. I love this stone. 1.5 carats and 7.25 mm.

TLsagediamond.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the diamond on top of the ring. I did not mess with this photo at all. The green came alive when I put it in the rose gold. It was incredible!! It is also not reflecting any green anywhere. I was in a grey car and wearing a black shirt.

TLsageLOGR4.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I shaded the diamond with my hand, it went more grey, but it just goes to show you all the personality it has.

TLsageLOGR5.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is next to my other rose gold (with green grey and pink sides). This ring is just immense in size. I will take more pics when it is finally set, but I just wanted to show everyone because I was so excited!!!

TLroseLOGRswow.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW! That is so gorgeous! I would be thrilled too. Seeing that setting has made me want to re-consider buying a setting from them. Glad that you and so many others have such great luck with them!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks CCN!!

Here's that same picture above, from far away. Again, I have no idea why/how the stone went so green, and I saw this with my naked eyes. It was a very white/cloudy day. It was not some camera trick. I take my pics in macro/auto mode. My jeweler took a look at the diamond with a loupe and deemed it an SI stone, so I was quite happy!! I personally cannot see any inclusions with my naked eyes, but perhaps some people can?????

I have to say that I don't think I could ever find such a wonderful, thick heavy (7 grams), diamond encrusted (1 carat of melee) ring for the price I paid anywhere else on this planet (maybe if I robbed a store - LOL!!).

Thanks for looking. I should be getting back the set ring on Saturday, so I'll post more pics in different lighting. In hallogens at my jewelers, it was OMG!!!
30.gif

TLLOGRrosefarawaysage.JPG

stacy

Shiny_Rock
That''s a nice setting, and I absolutely love your diamond! That is such a cool color, and it''s perfect in rose gold. I bet you can''t wait to get her set and to have that baby on your hand all the time!
30.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Love the setting-did you upgrade the diamonds or get lucky with the clarity? I can''t wait to see handshots!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Stacy!! I can't wait either!!

SCN,
I did not upgrade the diamonds, they are wonderful. It is also 14K RG. Thank you!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW TL - it''s HUGE!!!! Congratulations. You sound completely bowled over by it. I can''t wait to see more handshots (pretty please!).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 5:53:29 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
WOW TL - it''s HUGE!!!! Congratulations. You sound completely bowled over by it. I can''t wait to see more handshots (pretty please!).
Even though it''s in RG??? LOL!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 5:54:24 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Even though it''s in RG??? LOL!!
Errrrrrrrr, well in white gold it would look sensational but I know you adore RG!!! I can''t believe that it weighs over 7g - I don''t think I''ve seen one of his rings with that weight before. Are you happy with the diamonds?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 5:10:16 PM
When I shaded the diamond with my hand, it went more grey, but it just goes to show you all the personality it has.

OMG, my mouth dropped when I saw this pic!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That is one blingalicious setting!

TL, your diamond just GLOWS in this setting! I see can definitely see the green! I think our stones may come from the same famiy, because you definitely captured the color of our diamonds. I also think mine may also have fluorescence (not sure if it's blue, yellow or green).
I am so happy to see your stone in RG because I will be sending my stone to my jeweler tomorrow, and I am also getting a RG head. The RG definitely gives it that rich contrast!

Please please please take more pics! I wanna see more!
30.gif

ETA: Why does your 1.5 look more green in RG than your 1.05 (especially in the pics)? Does this have more green saturation than your 1.05?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 5:59:06 PM

Date: 11/18/2009 5:54:24 PM

WOW TL - it's HUGE!!!! Congratulations. You sound completely bowled over by it. I can't wait to see more handshots (pretty please!).
Even though it's in RG??? LOL!!
Errrrrrrrr, well in white gold it would look sensational but I know you adore RG!!! I can't believe that it weighs over 7g - I don't think I've seen one of his rings with that weight before. Are you happy with the diamonds?
LOL LD!! I'm very very happy with the diamonds!! I'm so glad I didn't have to upgrade this time because it is substantial diamond weight, so it would have tacked on at least $250 to the cost of the setting. When I first opened the LOGR box, I did so very slowly, hoping for at least some clean diamonds (his workmanship has always been very good on all my pieces), and when I opened it, my eyes went
emdgust.gif
. I could not believe how astoundingly beautiful it was. It reminds me of a Simon G piece. It has all the very intricate motif's and dimensionality I would expect in such a piece. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
30.gif
Besides, I'm a real sucker for round stones in square halos, so it has an art deco inspired appeal to me.

Here's the listing, and I made a lower offer (still in the $400's though) and he accepted. The price is awesome for so many eye clean diamond melees and the gold weight, forget about all the labor that went into this piece. WOW!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220502938220&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

ETA: Just noticed that he forgot to do the millgraining, but that's okay. It's still beautiful without it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 6:44:24 PM
Author: platinumrock

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

TL, your diamond just GLOWS in this setting! I see can definitely see the green! I think our stones may come from the same famiy, because you definitely captured the color of our diamonds. I also think mine may also have fluorescence (not sure if it's blue, yellow or green).
I am so happy to see your stone in RG because I will be sending my stone to my jeweler tomorrow, and I am also getting a RG head. The RG definitely gives it that rich contrast!

30.gif

ETA: Why does your 1.5 look more green in RG than your 1.05 (especially in the pics)? Does this have more green saturation than your 1.05?
Thanks PR, I'm so glad you like it. It does have multiple personalities as far as color is concerned, and that's why I love colored diamonds in general. The color shifts are so cool. You should get a cheapy UV light - they sell them for around $5 on ebay. I'll definitely take more pics after it's set (it's at the jewelers right now).

It is more green than my 1.05 carat green grey, and it's cleaner and a bit brighter. I took a pic of my original green grey in the car this morning in the same lighting to give you a comparison. This stone is definitely not as green, but I think it still looks cool in this shot. I actually showed both stones IRL to someone, and she said the 1.5 was green (I didn't tell her it was a greenish diamond), and she said it looked even greener than my 1.05 that I was wearing that day.

Hey, maybe our stones are cousins!!

TLoriginalgreengrey.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowsers! You got a killer deal on what looks to be a super substantial ring - congrats, TL!!!!

Can''t wait to see the diamond set in this one . . . looks like the rose gold was a perfect choice to bring out that green!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That setting is awsome. So pretty! I also love the round diamond in that square setting. You are getting it set this week, yes???

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love the setting TL!! you did well! I love how it flows and the angle it has, Can''t wait to see the finished piece!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 8:24:52 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wowsers! You got a killer deal on what looks to be a super substantial ring - congrats, TL!!!!

Can''t wait to see the diamond set in this one . . . looks like the rose gold was a perfect choice to bring out that green!
Thanks Lauren,
I even emailed Stephan to thank him for such a beautiful setting. I''m glad you see how the RG brings out the green. RG isn''t for everyone, but I adore it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mochi, hopefully it will be set by late Saturday.

D&T, thank you!! I love the fluidity of the piece as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My photos aren't the greatest, but this reminds me so much of the color of my diamond, especially in the RG.

greengreyinrosegold.JPG

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sha-ZAAAAM! Get down!

That diamond in that setting, meant to be! Looks superfab, congratulations and please do post pics when set.

I am a LOGR ''virgin'' but I want something similar for a 5 ct 10.5 mm Pakistani portuguese cut peridot that I have. I need to have the ring sized up and if I understand their language correctly, I would probably order this setting and have them customize it to fit my 10.5 mm round stone.

Can''t wait to see your ring when completed. Very substantial and ''important'' looking.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Wow that''s a beautiful setting and your green diamond looks perfect in it. I must resist colour diamonds, I must resist colour diamonds...

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 8:45:28 PM
My photos aren''t the greatest, but this reminds me so much of the color of my diamond, especially in the RG.
1502391nml1gf6xx4.gif

*wolf whistle*

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 7:24:24 PM

Date: 11/18/2009 6:44:24 PM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

TL, your diamond just GLOWS in this setting! I see can definitely see the green! I think our stones may come from the same famiy, because you definitely captured the color of our diamonds. I also think mine may also have fluorescence (not sure if it''s blue, yellow or green).

30.gif

Thanks PR, I''m so glad you like it. It does have multiple personalities as far as color is concerned, and that''s why I love colored diamonds in general. The color shifts are so cool. You should get a cheapy UV light - they sell them for around $5 on ebay. I''ll definitely take more pics after it''s set (it''s at the jewelers right now).

It is more green than my 1.05 carat green grey, and it''s cleaner and a bit brighter. I took a pic of my original green grey in the car this morning in the same lighting to give you a comparison. This stone is definitely not as green, but I think it still looks cool in this shot. I actually showed both stones IRL to someone, and she said the 1.5 was green (I didn''t tell her it was a greenish diamond), and she said it looked even greener than my 1.05 that I was wearing that day.

Hey, maybe our stones are cousins!!
That is so awesome, TL! We can still get the "green" look without having Bill Gate''s love child or being promoted to Sultan''s Head Wife. It''s amazing how a colored diamond can have such nice saturation (comparable to a pure color), but its value drops substantially when the modifying color is the dominant color. There is a HUGE difference between pinkish brown and brownish pink.

LOL @ our stones being cousins! Maybe one day, they can have a family reunion.
31.gif
Although your side of the family is much larger than mine!

I can tell you that I find greenish diamonds more appealing than blue ones. They just seem so mystical and mysterious to me, like they have special powers. I don''t know, blue diamonds just seem MEH to me. Then again, the color blue just doesn''t get my attention, especially in gemstones. But a bluish green or greenish blue??? Now we''re talkin! It reminds me of warm tropical waters.
30.gif

Congrats again on finding such a gorgeous, substantial setting for a steal! I am so excited about RG!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 11:14:29 PM
Author: Lovinggems
30.gif
Wow that''s a beautiful setting and your green diamond looks perfect in it. I must resist colour diamonds, I must resist colour diamonds...
Come join us! Come join us! Come join us!
31.gif
11.gif
27.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 11:39:55 PM

That is so awesome, TL! We can still get the 'green' look without having Bill Gate's love child or being promoted to Sultan's Head Wife. It's amazing how a colored diamond can have such nice saturation (comparable to a pure color), but its value drops substantially when the modifying color is the dominant color. There is a HUGE difference between pinkish brown and brownish pink.

LOL @ our stones being cousins! Maybe one day, they can have a family reunion.
31.gif
Although your side of the family is much larger than mine!

I can tell you that I find greenish diamonds more appealing than blue ones. They just seem so mystical and mysterious to me, like they have special powers. I don't know, blue diamonds just seem MEH to me. Then again, the color blue just doesn't get my attention, especially in gemstones. But a bluish green or greenish blue??? Now we're talkin! It reminds me of warm tropical waters.
30.gif

Congrats again on finding such a gorgeous, substantial setting for a steal! I am so excited about RG!
PR,
I saw Bill Gates in a magazine the other day, and instantly thought of what you said
blink.gif
. Needless to say, I quickly turned the page!!
emcrook.gif

As for blue diamonds. I saw a half carat fancy light greyish blue that cost about $35K. Well, it was one of those "I have to imagine the blue color being there." It didn't appeal to me, especially for the price, so I hear what you're saying.

I may have more colored diamonds, but they have much larger cousins on your side of the family tree - LOL!!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear you're also going to use RG.

Like your diamonds, you are a gem!

ETA: PR, speaking of blue diamonds, this one is rather yummy. You can actually see that it's blue, and it's a gorgeous ring.
18.gif
30.gif
3.gif
It's an HPHT created diamond, but you can see that it's blue!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/her-new-leon-mege-e-ring-havent-proposed-yet.129928/

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 8:49:10 PM
Author: StonieGrl
Sha-ZAAAAM! Get down!

That diamond in that setting, meant to be! Looks superfab, congratulations and please do post pics when set.

I am a LOGR ''virgin'' but I want something similar for a 5 ct 10.5 mm Pakistani portuguese cut peridot that I have. I need to have the ring sized up and if I understand their language correctly, I would probably order this setting and have them customize it to fit my 10.5 mm round stone.

Can''t wait to see your ring when completed. Very substantial and ''important'' looking.
Thank you Stonie Girl. I have some customized LOGR''s and they came out fantabulous. LOGR''s are kind of like potato chips, you can''t stop at one!! I hope you know what you''re getting yourself into, being an "LOGR virgin" and all.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results