shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani Three Stone Princess w/Memoire Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2007 9:25:38 AM
Author: steph72276
Wow....that ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! That is exactly the kind of setting I am looking for to reset my 1 ct. princess cut for my anniversary. Could you please give more information on your ring...center stone size, sides stones size, and if you have it the model number for the ring? That is the most beautiful 3 stone princess I''ve ever seen, you are one lucky girl!!!
36.gif
wow, thank you!! that is quite the compliment.
9.gif

i tried to post a profile view before, but it didn''t attach. i''ll try again. i don''t have a model # - i had trouble locating that as well since ritani''s site doesn''t feature it. but here is what i do know:

my stone: 1.02 ct, 5.54x5.95 and i had it set north-south
EGL USA G color, but independent appraisal (and i saw for myself) has it at I color
sidestones: part of the setting, approx 18 points for total of .36cts, F/G color, VS clarity
platinum

i talked with a few online vendors (i saw it in a store but didn''t want to go through them) and all the vendors were able to help me. with my pics you should have no problem even without a style #. i should say too, that the profile wasn''t quite right and it is being redone. it was supposed to be more of a v where the prongs meet the shank, and the side stone bars were suppsed to be more scooped.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this one shows how the tip/culet peeks out which i ADORE!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Do you think it would be too much trouble to find out the model number from your vendor? The Ritani dealer that is near me doesn''t carry this one, so I am going to have to special order it and would hate to get the wrong one. If that''s too much trouble, could you give me your vendor''s name and I will try to find out on my own? Thanks so much, that was exactly was I''ve been looking for!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow again, i'm so glad you love it! i'm so excited for you, i know how hard it is to find that special setting!

that said, trying to track down this ring was not easy (see below) and i still don't have a concrete style #. i prefer not to say who i'm working with quite yet as my ring needs some fixes and i'd rather wait to see how that goes. but as soon as i get it back i will of course be posting an update (next week or so) and then i should be able to give that info! but i will try to remember next time i talk to him (today, hopefully) to ask for a number.

the store where i saw it assigned their own number to it (to protect their own sale, i'm sure) so that was of no help when shopping elsewhere. when talking to other vendors i used style #1PCZ1237BBPCP-569 from ritani's site, BUT i am not SURE it is the exact ring because it only shows the top. it's from the classic collection, 31st ring as you scroll through them. using that number did lead to the vendors getting me quotes, and one vendor went so far as to get a profile shot from ritani to confirm the ring i wanted to order. (he got my business!
2.gif
)

of note, the more i called around, the more information i got and it was not as straightforward as 'hey i found this ring, can you get it?' i was told different things from different vendors: one said ritani has the settings sitting around and just pops your diamond in rather than making the setting to order for your specific diamond (i think he was misinformed), the rest said ritani makes your ring to order to fit your diamond's exact measurements, another said their stock mold for this style is for a 1.25ct and they would make a new mold for my 1ct, and others said nothing about a new mold being needed for my stone. one said ritani makes two versions with .36tcw and .5tcw which i was grateful to find out since i had assumed the one in the store was .25ct each for a total of .5ct. when i went back, i confirmed they had the .36tcw version and that's what i got.

i would recommend being very specific when talking with your jeweler and get all the info/images you can to confirm what you are getting. and keep in mind my ring's profile should look a little different than it's posted now.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2007 11:43:50 AM
Do you think it would be too much trouble to find out the model number from your vendor? The Ritani dealer that is near me doesn't carry this one, so I am going to have to special order it and would hate to get the wrong one. If that's too much trouble, could you give me your vendor's name and I will try to find out on my own? Thanks so much, that was exactly was I've been looking for!
one more thing, actually. the store did say they could order a new setting made, get it in store, and then set my diamond for me (so i could have a brand new setting rather than the one already in the store). but i preferred to have ritani do the setting so i sent my diamond in to my vendor, who sent it to ritani. if you don't mind your jeweler doing the setting, he can order it, you can view it before he sets your diamond and make sure it's the right one, then have him set it.

ETA: ha! i'm not known for being concise, or having a good memory. one last thing to consider is that often B&M jewelers can get an item on 'memo'. so he could call in that setting for you to see. if it's the right one, you can then have him send your diamond in to ritani to have them make a setting for you and set your diamond. a lot of folks here prefer for the designer to do the setting rather than a jeweler as they sometimes mess it up and don't always correct it, plus it can void your warranty from ritani.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for all your help....I will wait until you get your ring back and hopeufully you you can get a style number when you pick it up...if not, maybe they can order it based on your pictures. Thanks again!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea! I just looked at the website and I think that is it!!! I called a vendor and am getting a price quote on it right now! How long did it take to get your ring (even though I know you are getting it fixed now)? Thanks a million, we are going to be ring twins:)
2.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ack i just typed a whole response and an IM popped up and i lost it!

anyway, everyone said 4-6 weeks (that's ritani's standard) but my guy said he could do better and i had it in two weeks! i suppose since you're getting the ball rolling i should let you know who i went with. i got mine through mark turnowski at engagementringsdirect.com. he has a great reputation here on PS and i've been very pleased. he's very responsive and his pricing was right in line with others. since he's already working on mine and familiar with it, it could be to your benefit to work with him. plus he's located right near ritani in NY so he can work closely with them. i would give him a call and talk to him, he is very easy to talk with.

oops in my retype i forget YAY!!!! i'm so excited for you!!! and now i can't wait to see YOUR pics!!!!!
2.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey! Thanks for the info. I have heard nothing but good things about him. I am going through a local place because they have a trade-in policy, so I am going to trade in a solitare pendant and only pay a few hundred dollars for the new setting. I am so excited, I can''t wait! I will be back to post pictures when I get the ring! Thanks again for the inspiration!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love your new setting... It''s gorgeous! Your set looks beautiful. Congrats!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rainydaze, sorry so many questions but I was wondering if you know how wide the band on your setting is. Also, did you try on the Ritani eternity band with it?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
no problem, ask away! i don''t know the exact measurement of the band, but i wore it with my plain 3mm wband and it was thinner than that. it looked best with a 2.5 mm plain band, and a 2mm band was too thin. so if i had to hazzard a guess, i would say 2.5mm. it tapers in towards the sidestones, too. i don''t know if you could see that in the pics.

i don''t think i tried it on with the ritani - i might have (if i did, it was their single shared prong diamond band) but i didn''t care for the single prong look and i was pretty sold on the memoires so i don''t think i paid too much attention. sorry! i wonder if their diamond band would have been better regarding the scratching issue. is that what you are thinking?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rainydaze, would you feel comfortable emailing me the price ranges you were quoted for the setting? My place said it would take a whole week to get a quote! Ugh, but like I said I have to go through them in order to trade my pendant for the new setting. I just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off when they get back to me.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for all the help! Did you get a chance to try on anymore bands or are you just going to wait until you get the ring back? I think a bead set would look very pretty. You have to keep us all updated!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW look at all that SPARKLE! They look stunning together!

I think you have the nicest princess three stone on here Rainy. I really love it.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
rainydaze - LOVE it! I''m anxious to see how your ritani situation turns out!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful set! It''s a shame about scratching up your e-ring, but I love the micropave band you posted. I think they''ll look beautiful together.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
anchor31 - thank you!

steph72276 - you''re welcome! i did see a shared prong princess in person the other day and i LOVED it. so now i am looking in that direction, and i will definately keep you posted!

gypsy - wow, that is quite a compliment!!!! thank you!! i love it too, i can''t wait to get it back!! sidenote: i, uh, *ahem* showed your new watch to my DH and *mentioned* how nice that would look with my ring!
2.gif
i hope you don''t mind!
9.gif

k9muttlover - thank you! i''m anxious too! he said about a week, which is fantastic, but i told him i wanted to make sure it was done right so take whatever time is needed. i''m pretending i''m savoring the anticipation.......
28.gif

wolftress - yeah, i''m really bummed the band didn''t work out. it was gorgeous, and it looked good alone or with the ring, which was nice. if another style doesn''t work out, i may consider the custom route as some here have and have it made to cover the girdles more or made wider at the bottom to prevent touching more. and i have to say, your dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! i LOVE that look..... yours is done exquisitely!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well, i was missing my diamond tonight so i went through my pics to remind myself what it looks like and found a few that were fun and pretty. i feel a little weird posting more, but what the hay.....

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ha! this one is funny, great table reflection. "GO, GO GADGET FLASHLIGHT!"

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
some blue fire

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
seems a blurry shot is the only way to get some idea of the colorful fireworks you get from these things!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one, just a nice shot of the overall look

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rainydaze....love the new pictures, so pretty! Well, I just got back from Bailey, Banks and Biddle. The did not have the ring with the princess cuts, only with a round center and heart sides...the salesman said they don''t carry the princess one and would have to order it (who would''ve though heart sides would be more popular than princess?) Anyway, although I was dissapointed they didn''t have the exact ring, I tried on the heart sidestone ring and thought it was to die for! I kept imagining how beautiful it is going to be with the princess stones. Anyway, since I''ve been to 3 jewelers here in South Florida with no luck, I''m going to look in Atlanta when I fly in next week to visit family...hopefully Solomon Brothers will have it, they have everything! Oh, and I tried it on with the Ritani endless love pave band and LOVED that look. I think I will hold off on buying a band until my 3 stone comes in, but I def. think I''m going in the direction of a thin pave...it was gorgeous and let the 3 stone be the center of attention. Oh and so funny about the pendant...great minds think alike
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks great with that band!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
rainydaze~I wonder if the Memoire band is meant to be worn with a Memoire e-ring to avoid scratching. I have a shared prong half-eternity w-band with a matching e-ring from HOF. There has been no scratching--touch wood! I just took them in for a prong check last weekend. I''ve had them since March. When the designer makes them as a set, that may change the effect of rubbing and damage. Just a thought about what happened in your situation. I hope you find the right ring for your beautiful princess e-ring--and, of course, post pics
2.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2007 4:20:01 PM
Rainydaze....love the new pictures, so pretty! Well, I just got back from Bailey, Banks and Biddle. The did not have the ring with the princess cuts, only with a round center and heart sides...the salesman said they don''t carry the princess one and would have to order it (who would''ve though heart sides would be more popular than princess?) Anyway, although I was dissapointed they didn''t have the exact ring, I tried on the heart sidestone ring and thought it was to die for! I kept imagining how beautiful it is going to be with the princess stones. Anyway, since I''ve been to 3 jewelers here in South Florida with no luck, I''m going to look in Atlanta when I fly in next week to visit family...hopefully Solomon Brothers will have it, they have everything! Oh, and I tried it on with the Ritani endless love pave band and LOVED that look. I think I will hold off on buying a band until my 3 stone comes in, but I def. think I''m going in the direction of a thin pave...it was gorgeous and let the 3 stone be the center of attention. Oh and so funny about the pendant...great minds think alike
2.gif
35.gif
hi steph! that''s interesting about heart sides, i''ve never seen that before. it must be torture not having a place to go to try this on!! i hope you find it somewhere soon! pave sounds pretty, there is so much you can pair with this ring, so many different looks. initially i kept trying it on with a .5ctw memoire that had the pave appearance as it was so thin. the jeweler had me try it with a 1.0ctw band but i said ''oh no, too big!'' then i went back and suddenly the small band did look too small, and the 1ctw was just right! to be sure, i tried it on with one a bit larger and immediately so ''no way, now THAT is DEFINATLEY too big!'' the 1ctw is what is in my pics.... but DSS is for real.... i wore it a short time and already was thinking i could go just a hair bigger!! so i would say it is definately wise to wait until you have the ring and then spend a few months going back and trying different things and giving yourself enough time to let it really sink in and sit and see what really moves you!
19.gif

snlee - thank you! i drool every time i see your avatar....... LOVE your set!!!!
30.gif

risingsun - yes, i was told/read that the memoires are designed to fit together like puzzle pieces and i think this eliminates/reduces the damage. makes sense! i had hoped that because memoires are set so low it would still minimize damage to other rings, and i know some gals on PS had said their memoires did not scratch their erings. i was hoping.... but no such luck.
7.gif

sandiegolady - thank you! what a cutey (your avatar). don''t you just adore those big ears on lil'' puddy tats?!
41.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Rainydaze....well, I just put my order in for my ring like yours! I am so excited. Although I still could not find any store that carried that ring in stock, so I am having Ritani send the ring to my jeweler to check it out before I have it set, so it will be a long process, but worth the wait. Thanks again for all your help, without your beautiful pictures I still would''ve been searching for the perfect ring! Any word on when you will get your ring back?

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Are you closer to figuring out what band you would like? i really like the look of the princess cut three stone ring with the round cut bands, it throws off the balance and doesn''t look matchy-matchy. Although i am in LOVE with some of the channel set pricess cut bands that some people were suggesting, i think that pairing the ring with a round cut eternity band will look so much more interesting and just different enough. Once you get the ring back, it''s going to be so much fun to try on a million bands with it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results