shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani Three Stone Princess w/Memoire Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hello,

here are some pics of my reset into a Ritani three stone. i had to send it back for some fix-ups, but i got some fun shots before sending it away. to help chase away the waiting blues i thought i would post some of the pics i got. i wore it briefly with a memoire full eternity band, 1.0 ctw with .037 point stones. it was gorgeous, i loved it and i loved them together, but in less than a day it scratched up my new ritani more than i thought it would! i knew about the prongs getting scratched, but i didn''t realize it would go all around the shank (duh!) and i just couldn''t deal with that! so it''s back to the drawing board for a band, but i figured for those considering shared prong eternities, these pics are fun!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i thought this was neat... even in the shadow the memoire is still glowing! let me tell you, memoires sure are beauties, they live up to their reputation. this one was F/G VS/SI quality.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
semi hand shot

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
some brillance?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more fire shot

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one.... a straight on shot of it without the band

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Good heavens those are 2 amazingly gorgeous rings! Love that 3 stone princess..........mmmmmm! And those memoire eternity bands are just soooooooooooo pretty! What are you going to do for a band?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you jenn5504! i don''t know what to do about the band.... i suppose the wise thing to do would be to wait until the ring comes back and go shopping to see what else looks good. a channel would be most practical, but i''m not sure i''m in love with them. maybe a thin one with princess cuts. signedpieces has a shared prong princess i''ve been eyeing, or i could always go the spacer route and go for it with the memoire/shared prong with rounds. ugh, i dunno!! any suggestions?

febrary2003bride has a three stone about the same size as mine and she paired it with WF''s bead set eternity, and that looks very nice. i would like some decent bling factor though, and she said that band was more shimmer than sparkle.

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
When I was shopping for a band, I had my eye on a channel set princess for a while. I really liked it, but I found the "bling factor" much less than with a shared prong or bar set band. However, I was looking at a channel set with quite a bit of metal on either side. A channel set with a very thin amount of metal on the sides in either princess or even baguette cut would likely look stunning with your ring - especially if it were a full or almost full eternity.

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Something like this, or with an even narrower amount of metal? (ok this one is an 8k Tiffany ring, but you get the idea - half eternity would work too)

17669052_XLtif.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 11:06:20 AM
Author: rainydaze
thank you jenn5504! i don''t know what to do about the band.... i suppose the wise thing to do would be to wait until the ring comes back and go shopping to see what else looks good. a channel would be most practical, but i''m not sure i''m in love with them. maybe a thin one with princess cuts. signedpieces has a shared prong princess i''ve been eyeing, or i could always go the spacer route and go for it with the memoire/shared prong with rounds. ugh, i dunno!! any suggestions?

febrary2003bride has a three stone about the same size as mine and she paired it with WF''s bead set eternity, and that looks very nice. i would like some decent bling factor though, and she said that band was more shimmer than sparkle.
Rainydaze, the shared prong does look gorgeous with your ring........I have a signed pieces shared prong that I''m very happy with, maybe one of their would work??? I tried a "spacer band" but it just doesn''t work well......so I just accept the little bit of rubbing. So far it is very minor and only on the one prong. I personally am not a huge fan of channel set, but I do like the white flash bead set band a lot. I''m going to have to go check her pairing out!
1.gif

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
This one with princess cuts, has a pretty narrow amount of metal: (also tiffany, but "only" 3.5k!)

21298344_xltiff.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks great with that band! I cant wait to see it after it is back from getting adjusted...
9.gif
The three stone ring is beautiful!
30.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
saltymuffin (love that name by the way!) i especially like the last one you posted. that looks dainty enough not to scream channel set but looks like it would still pack some bling. i appreciate your help! i know a 2.5mm plain band looks just right with this ring (i have a 3mm and to my eyes it''s a tad wide, and 2mm is a tad small) so i am wondering if WF''s halo ring (which is 2.4mm wide) would look nice? what do you think? it''s micropave though, so it would be shimmer not sparkle. also, SP has a channel with what appears to be thin sides - i was thinking the very thing you said, that with thin sides i might get the look i''m after. i''m glad you reinforced this theory!

jenn5504 that''s interesting that your SP shared prong doesn''t rub too much. i only wore the memoire for half a day and the damage was quite visible, to all prongs AND the shank!! maybe SP designed theirs so that less of the girdles are exposed thus reducing the amount of scratching. i may have to call them to discuss that. when i went shopping for the reset, i tried bands with it since i knew i''d be getting a new one and wanted to see the overall effect. it was this ritani WITH the memoire band that really made me swoon and thus make a decision and take the plunge (much to my lonely husband''s delight)!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is the WF micropave i am wondering about

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Ooo, I like the channel set you posted, is that the SP one? How wide is it? It is exactly what I was imagining when I suggested a channel set with very thin sides. I think it would look great with your ring (provided it isn't too wide), and provide the "protection" you are looking for. The micropave one would also look nice, but would definitely have less bling. The channel set would also be a nice ring to wear alone, if you ever go without your ering.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, that''s SP. it''s 2.7mm wide, so that might really work.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 12:28:54 PM
I LOVE that WF micropave band!!!!!!! I think it would look gorgeous. You''re making me want one of those now!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty set. They look great together!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rainydaze,

That SP band would look great!

I''m looking for something similar and found that a milgrain finish helps lighten up the look of the metal edge on a channel set band.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning set! Hope you are reunited with it soon.....

cheers--Sharon

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I thought Memoire shared prong rings were specially made not to rub/scratch another ring? I hope DiamondSeeker pops into this thread, she would know!

(Gorgeous rings, by the way! And that last T&Co band posted is killer, too! YUM!)
30.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooo! Very sparkly. Delicate, while being quite impressive on the bling scale.

lonelyhusband

Rough_Rock
Wowwwwww, it looks spectacular! It is going to take awhile to regain my vision!!!

You have been waiting a long time to find exactly what you want, you make sure the jeweler takes care of you!

- lonely husband

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you for the compliments, poshpepper, tacori e-ring, canuk-gal, lynn b and holly s!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2007 4:22:16 PM
Author: Lurchie
Hi Rainydaze,

That SP band would look great!

I''m looking for something similar and found that a milgrain finish helps lighten up the look of the metal edge on a channel set band.
you know, that thought crossed my mind too. i love miligrain but never really considered it for myself and now that you have mentioned it too, i think i will try some on to see if that does help!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2007 5:16:23 PM
Author: Lynn B
I thought Memoire shared prong rings were specially made not to rub/scratch another ring? I hope DiamondSeeker pops into this thread, she would know!

(Gorgeous rings, by the way! And that last T&Co band posted is killer, too! YUM!)
30.gif
well, i spoke to several vendors about memoire and they knew i would NOT be pairing it with a memoire ering, and no one said anything about memoires not scratching. then again, no one said anything about them scratching either, but i knew they would from PS. i just didn''t know it would be so much, especially since part of what you pay for with memoire is how low they sit, which i thought helped with the scratching. i did see on memoire''s site and a couple vendors did mention that memoires are made to fit together like a puzzle, and thus you don''t get girdle-to-girdle wear.

i was reading one of jenn5504''s threads and i see that diamondseeker did say her memoire does not scratch and this was on her 10 pointer band. hmmmmm, so odd. i still love the ritani and i''m sure i''ll find a good mate, but man it''s making me doubt my decision. a little part of me wishes i had gone with your set or the legato micropave, the two others i was strongly considering (especially since Driver posted his phenomenal legato micropave set).
40.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2007 2:05:02 PM
Author: Jenn5504

Date: 8/30/2007 12:28:54 PM
I LOVE that WF micropave band!!!!!!! I think it would look gorgeous. You''re making me want one of those now!
i know, isn''t it so pretty! i was originally consering that whole set (letato micropave) for my reset and new band. have you seen driver''s thread on his? it is stunning. the nice thing about this band is that it would have rounded edges like the ering i''d be wearing it with, but i''m not sure if i want something so understated. i loved the bling of that memoire, and in fact was thinking i could go a little larger on the diamonds. so that leads me to believe this ring won''t have the overall effect i''m after paired with the ritani. but i still love it!!!!

anywho, my lady, your set is to die for! i wish my ering could take the abuse a little better (the prongs are a little on the thin side) cuz i look at yours and i''m like DUDE I WANT THAT!!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow....that ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! That is exactly the kind of setting I am looking for to reset my 1 ct. princess cut for my anniversary. Could you please give more information on your ring...center stone size, sides stones size, and if you have it the model number for the ring? That is the most beautiful 3 stone princess I''ve ever seen, you are one lucky girl!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results