shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Box, looking for something better

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spt118

Rough_Rock
The box that my ring came in is a ok, but it has the jewelers info on the inside. I already bought something from them.. I don''t need to advertise for them while proposing.

any ever delt with this site? www.ringboxcompany.com ?

It looked pretty nice.

I would love a dark wood box (maybe stained cherry etc) with a black insert to make the ring pop!

Personalised with a note would be cool, but I''m more concerned about the look.

I have also debated a antique looking silver box with black insert with her inital engraved...

Ideas?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen this thread??? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-box.68620/ Tons of ideas
9.gif

spt118

Rough_Rock
I saw that thread and a bunch of others.... I did a search, I either didn't like the boxes I found, or there wasn't a link or info to find it
face7.gif
. I've googled all over the place too.

I saw some from WINK? that were in a thread from a long time ago, but I didn't see them on his site. I'm thinking about emailing on Monday.

I did see one link on here to the engraved silver boxes, FayCullen I think.. they were nice, but I'm more set on the dark wood. If I can't find something I like I'll go to plan B and the silver.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I really like the first one you posted (the alume box is gorgeous), but I like the pricepoint on the second much better... I love that you're concentrating on even the small details, but the first just seems like a lot of $ (although...if you got the double ring slot, it would be neat to have to use for the wedding ceremony as well...I think I dropped $30-$40 for little monogrammed ring pouches to use for our ceremony..which my MoH promptly lost, but I digress). The second box is lovely. White the black would make the ring pop, the box my ring came in was cream which complimented the white stone and white gold very nicely. Also, I think the white is a very classic look, especially for engagement.

Will the size of the box be a problem at all in terms of your proposal plan? I noticed awhile back on Blue Nile that people posted saying that the wooden ring boxes were beautiful, but impossible to keep hidden in a pant or jacket pocket.

Another idea might be to propose with a small keepsake jewelry box rather than a ring box so she can use it for earrings, etc later (since the ring will be on her finger!
1.gif
) I gave my bridemaids the vera wang loveknots jewelry box (it's a really weird cylindrical shape, though) - but something like that with a velvet lining could also be an excellent choice. Something like this? : Waterford Ballet set

ETA: I just read the first thread about ring boxes and realized that was pretty much the general consensus there...so n/m, that idea probably isn't helpful at all.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have one of the Wink boxes and they are gorgeous.

I saw a great one in Chicago in a shop near Millenium Park 2 weeks ago - it was a heart shape (though there were other shapes, and you couldn''t see that it wasn''t a solid piece of wood. If you pushed against the top in the right way it slid open to show a ring compartment below. I bought a few of the other boxes for presents as they were so cute.

spt118

Rough_Rock
I purchased one of the boxes from www.vlana.com

I figure for 18 bucks I''ll see if I like it. I plan on emailing Wink this week...

Thanks

spt118

Rough_Rock
That is pretty sweet... She is into the vintage/ antique look too... that might just work!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, really?!? I''d LOVE to see someone''s real ring in one of those babies...I think yours and her initials and the engagement date would be lovely on top...!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results