Right- or Left-Brained?

So, which are you?

• Right-Brianed

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Left-Brained

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 5:17:14 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Someone say something to piss me off to see if it works!
You''re aunt is an angel, and you''re a bratty niece!!!!!

So kidding...but I tried. lol.
I initially saw her counter-clockwise, but I can make her do both now.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha Lucky!
37.gif
But, ....she''s still going counterclockwise.
33.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
So weird! I saw it go counter clockwise first, then I saw it going clockwise, then it switched back to counter clockwise. I wonder what that means? I guess I''m both? What a weird thing!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I do the folded hands and folded arms thing, my left thumb and hand are on top. So that would indicate left brain. But I think I'm definitely more right brain than left brain. But the spinning dancer kept switching, but I first saw it going counter clockwise, which is also left brain. I think I'm both!

ETA: Okay, so now I just took a left brain/right brain test and I got ZERO for right brain and 18 for left brain! So I guess I am left brain? So interesting!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Still not sure about this, but here''s some discussion...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Apparently I''m an idiot. I still can''t get the chick to go counter! however, I think I''ve stared at it so long, I''m pretty convinced she has nipples.
23.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Left-brained here. But I can squint and make my eyes go out of focus, then she switches to clockwise. Always have enjoyed math and science, but am big picture oriented. So, I can use both side of my brain, I guess.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all use both sides of the brain! But the more artsy, creative types are said to be more right brained and the analytical, organized types are more left brained. But we all use both sides! Reading occurs mostly on the left side unless you are dyslexic, and in those cases, they show a deficit in brain activity in that part of the brain when reading unless some remediation takes place. (And that is about the extent of my knowledge of brain research!)

I am not sure if there is really any meaning in that dancing girl or not. She changed directions when I moved my eyes over to the text on the left.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahah! I emailed my smart friend about this. Here''s what she said:

Well, here''s the thing that I find interesting. And it makes sense
based on how the brain and eyes are wired. When I first opened it I
saw her turning counter-clockwise. When I focused on her, I saw her
turning clockwise.

For a moment I tried to "go back" to counter-clockwise but couldn''t.
Then I had a little realization. When I first opened it, I was
sitting sideways here such that I was viewing her mostly with my right
eye (left brain). It was when I was facing her straight on that I saw
her moving clockwise (right brain). Once I changed back and forth a
couple of times by looking at her out of the corner of my right eye, I
was able to switch back and forth while looking at her straight on.

As one might expect, if I look at her out of the corner of my left
eye, she moves clockwise only.

After a couple of minutes I can see her go back and forth from right
to left and left to right without ever completing a rotation. Though
it would give me a headache after a while.

I found that if I move my laptop physically from side to side while I face forward, I see the switching immediately. You can make her dance the way you want to!

9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have stared at this for the past 10 minutes and the naked dancer is definitely going clock-wise. I don''t get how she can go counter-clockwise. I''ve even read all of the responses and I''ve tried looking at certain parts of her but it doesn''t help. My first thought was, why is she naked? Why can''t she have clothes on? I guess I''m a tad detail oriented. I can never remember which one I am, right brained or left. I''m not math or science oriented, definitely more language oriented. I analyze things to death, and I have to know all of the details when someone''s telling a story. A friend could be telling me a story about something random and my response could be, "yes, but what color was the dress she was wearing?" (just as a lame example). I like details...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
...still clock-wise. I tried willing her to move counter clockwise but she''s not listening to me. It''s hard to tell by the descriptions given. The clockwise thing made it seem like I''m right brained, but I''m totally not fantasy based. I like reality. Some may argue that it''s MY reality and no one else''s but still...

I''m definitely not a risk taker. I like safety and I am very practical. I''m not into philosophy or religion. Is it possible to be both brained?
9.gif
I think I fit into half of the left brained and half of the right brained descriptions. I''ve always thought I have two different people living inside me. I contradict myself all the time.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Came back from dinner, she''s going clockwise consistently. Will try it tomorrow and see what she does.
20.gif
This is driving me insano.
37.gif
LOL!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
I can make her switch if I look away from the screen for a few seconds and then watch the shadow of her feet.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
At first I can only see clockwise so I think I must be right brained. But once I know that it is not really 3-D but 2-D, it makes it easy to switch directions of the girl whenever you want to..

Hera

Ideal_Rock
How much fun was that!! I see both intermittently and fairly equally. What's cool is that I did a math problem in my head and got it going in the opposite direction. When I forced myself to think about colors, it went clockwise again...c o o l. I guess that's what I get for being in Interior Design and using both sides of my brain so much.

sparklyfruit

Rough_Rock
At first she only went clockwise for me, after a while I decided to stare at her feet and then she eventually turned anticlockwise! Now she keeps going back and forth! I got my bf to look at it at the same time as me and when she changed directions I asked if he could see it, but he said "Uhmm nooo"
23.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 6:07:08 PM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 10/12/2007 5:17:14 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Someone say something to piss me off to see if it works!
You''re aunt is an angel, and you''re a bratty niece!!!!!

So kidding...but I tried. lol.
I initially saw her counter-clockwise, but I can make her do both now.
lol.gif

I''m totally left brained. I initially looked at it, and then went and posted elsewhere, kept coming back and looking, look out of the corners of my eyes, looked at just her foot, it never changed.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, am I the only weirdo that this happens to...

I first looked at it, and it was clockwise. I then opened it up in another window and put them side by side. As musey previously said, I can see one going clockwise and one going anti clockwise at the same time, but it''s BUMPY. The image is flashing and freezing with multiple legs and arms as if my brain is frying trying to see both of them at the same time. It''s smooth going for awhile, but freaks out again, causing one of them to change directions.

Am I on drugs?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 3:13:03 PM
Author: TravelingGal
OK, am I the only weirdo that this happens to...

I first looked at it, and it was clockwise. I then opened it up in another window and put them side by side. As musey previously said, I can see one going clockwise and one going anti clockwise at the same time, but it''s BUMPY. The image is flashing and freezing with multiple legs and arms as if my brain is frying trying to see both of them at the same time. It''s smooth going for awhile, but freaks out again, causing one of them to change directions.

Am I on drugs?
Yes, yes, you are.
9.gif

I did that too but she''s still moving clockwise. And why is she naked?

chicagohills

Rough_Rock
Both dh and I see her going clockwise only. hmmmm, nope only clockwise. If it means anything, both dh and I are very creative people.

Where''s her tutu?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ve tried it today. Still clockwise! I''ve even tried occluding one eye and then the other. It makes no difference. She''s always going to spin clockwise and I think that all of you who say she goes counter are LYING!!

What''s the matter with me?
5.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 5:42:41 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I can't make her go counter clockwise. But, on any other 'brain test' I've always been left brained. Can you switch 'brained-ness'?

Other quick tests I've heard of; When you fold your hands together, which thumb is on top. And, When you fold your arms across your chest, which hand is poking up. Whichever is on top, that's which 'brained' you are. (for both of these I'm left brained.)
That naked chick only spins clockwise for me. I'm definitely right-brained (though I have a lot of left-brainedness in me
2.gif
).

Hands folded: right-brained
Arms folded:left-brained

I tried forcing the tests the other way- I get the brief 'impression' of the dancer spinning counter-clockwise but can't actually watch her spin that way. Grr... maddening.

Folding my hands and arms the opposite way felt totally unnatural.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so strange!!! I only saw clockwise and I kept trying to see her turn counter-clockwise to no avail...Frustrated, I finally scrolled down until I could only see her one foot...and then starting doing math problems in my head ... AND THEN SHE SWITCHED DIRECTIONS so I scrolled back up and then she switched back to clockwise...argh!!!! lol.

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Right-brained all the way.

I think I had a logic and organisational bypass at birth; to this day I struggle putting a key into a lock, can't do two things at once, and would rather sever a limb than attempt quadratic equations. Literature, art and music are the only facets of existence that make sense to me!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m right brained just based on the attributes listed (no new info there...my mentor in grad school is obsessed with learning styles, and every time I''m in the "feeling, emotional, illogical" sector - I think logical/scientific people make up these tests to make us emotional/sensory people feel inferior...jmo, haha).

...but that dancer...I agree with regular guy - I think it''s some kind of hoax. I was watching the thing and it was clearly going clockwise. Then I kept watching it for a few minutes and it slowed down, faced me, and headed the other way. I love my brain, and I appreciate it''s goofiness, but I just don''t think it''s that goofy (at least not today).

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe you left out a choice: Even Brained; but that is because the article did not present that choice either. Why is it that so many people only believe that all choices are either - or (instead of 3 options and sometimes more: For example there are 5 common answers to a yes/no question, not two)

My first glance - counterclockwise, my second glance clockwise. Every time I blink my eyes she changes directions

When I read the list of brain funcitons for each side I feel I rate very well on both list (and neither list is 100%).

I figure I must be even brained...

Perry

ps: I know someone will ask - so here are the 5 common answers to a yes/no question (and I am open to the thought that their may be more):

Yes

No

I don''t know

That is not a valid question

It dosn''t matter

The first three most peopel understand:

Examples of comon invalid questions:

Have you stopped beating your mother.. implies that you had been beating your mother - and the question is not valid if you have not been beating your mother

Does God approve of your actions.. implies not only that there is a god - but that you actually know exactly what god thinks of your situation and actions.

Discussion of questons where it dosn''t matter:

Dosn''t matter questions are situational dependent - and people ask them with the intention to distract you away from the real subject under discussion as they wish to end the "real" discussion. So if you are discussing something heavy - or something where someone goofed big - and someone ask a question seemingly totally out of the blue (such as do you think I have a nice outfit on...) The answer does not matter because it is not relevent to the discussion. Unfortuanatley, the vast majority of people fall for the distractor and the heavy discussion ends without anything being resolved.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The dancer started out counter-clockwise, then I read that if your concentrate you can see her turning clockwise. I concentrated for a second or two and she changed to clockwise. I read the article, looked again and she was ccw. I concentrated and she switched to cw. I seems that at first glance she''s ccw and then I can see her turn cw--pretty much at will.

Hands folded: right-brained
Arms folded: left-brained

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
That thing is stupid. I dont like it.
14.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2007 4:29:04 PM
Author: surfgirl
That thing is stupid. I dont like it.
14.gif
9.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, only counter clock wise for me. No matter how hard I try!

But I already knew I was left brain dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results