Right- or Left-Brained?

So, which are you?

• Right-Brianed

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Left-Brained

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thing is FREAKING ME OUT!

Right Brain v. Left Brain

FI spent about 10 minutes trying to convince me how it could POSSIBLY be turning clockwise (I could only see counter-), and just when I was starting to get angry and frustrated with it--it switched! Now it's pretty consistently clockwise, with short bursts of counter- now and then.

Regardless, I think you're supposed to judge whether you're left- or right-brained based on what you see initially. I could be wrong... there's not much explanation offered on the site!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I saw it turning clockwise, then it was counter-clockwise, now it''s clockwise again. I guess I''m right brained.

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Musey, this is interesting!

I can't get her to go the other way! I just can't! Guess I' right-brained also!

And WHY is she not wearing any clothes?? Must be a male produced graphic!
20.gif

I'm going to have hubby try it when he gets home!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Just turned counter-clockwise again.....lol

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evelynn, that's how I felt too!! I was SO frustrated trying to understand how it could POSSIBLY be seen moving clockwise, arguing with FI over the details of the graphic... then it switched. Once my emotion took over
3.gif

It took me nearly 10 minutes to see it switch directions. I didn't think I ever would! Now it turns clockwise almost 100% of the time... even if I minimize the window then go back to it. It's the strangest thing.

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 2:55:57 PM
Author: musey
Evelynn, that''s how I felt too!! I was SO frustrated trying to understand how it could POSSIBLY be seen moving in the other direction, arguing with FI over the details of the graphic... then it switched. Once my emotion took over
3.gif

It took me nearly 10 minutes to see it switch directions. I didn''t think I ever would!
Hmm, maybe you use your LEFT brain when you are angry!
11.gif

lol

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I guess I''m Right-Brianed. However, it keeps switching....first I saw clockwise, then looked away, and counter clockwise, and now it keeps switching! It''s confusing me.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Before I even opened your post, I said to myself, "Definitely right-brained."

And when I opened up the article, the girl was spinning clockwise. I've yet to see her spin counter, though I tried to 'make her' with the left side of my brain. Maybe it's asleep.
3.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m confused, is the image itself changing directions? or it''s some visual trick on the eye?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I say the image actually changes. I scrolled down the page where all I could see was the foot, and it went in different directions.

ETA: you got me looking up left and right brain tests. They say I'm right brained.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I originally saw her going clockwise, then when I focused on reading the article, I saw out of the periphery of my vision that she was going counter clockwise!!!

After that I could see her going in either direction with the same ease.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It switched on me several times: first I saw counter cc, then cc, then counter cc, repeat.
9.gif
So I guess I use both sides of my brain?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Damnit. Only clockwise. Then again, I can't do those "Magic Eye" things, either!

Holy crap! Now it turned counter. SO weird.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 3:17:27 PM
Author: Chrono
It switched on me several times: first I saw counter cc, then cc, then counter cc, repeat.
9.gif
So I guess I use both sides of my brain?
Same for me, hope that''s a good thing!!!
31.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 3:09:23 PM
Author: CareBear
I'm confused, is the image itself changing directions? or it's some visual trick on the eye?
It's a visual trick. FI and another guy at his work were looking at the exact screen at the exact same time, yet they saw her turning in opposite directions.

Wanna know something even WEIRDER? I had two windows of her open at the same time, not focusing on either--and they were turning DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!!
23.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously y''all...i cannot get our naked dancer lady to do anything but turn clockwise.

I''m trying and trying and trying.

CANNOT DO IT.

I''ve been staring at her for days.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I got it to change by scrolling down so just the bottom of her legs are turning, and that''s when it changed. Kept my eyes on her until I scrolled back up and she stayed like that until I averted my eyes.

Damn you, Musey!! This is addicting!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clockwise, right brained. But I knew that because being left handed, I know that only lefties are in their ''right'' minds.
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Weird. She only turns counter-clockwise for me!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Funny. She was turning counter-clovkwise for a bit, then when I started reading the text she started turning clockwise and I can''t get her to change. so I guess I''m right-brained, which fits more with my personality too.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2007 3:18:05 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Damnit. Only clockwise. Then again, I can''t do those ''Magic Eye'' things, either!

I saw clockwise first, then switching.

AmberWaves, a scientist friend of mine says some people are genetically unable to see those magic eye things--I''m one of them. It has to do with a particular spatial ability. She found this out when she did organic chemistry in university and her lab partner couldn''t visualize molecule equations. Interesting.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 4:01:54 PM
Author: lyra
Date: 10/12/2007 3:18:05 PM

Author: AmberWaves

Damnit. Only clockwise. Then again, I can''t do those ''Magic Eye'' things, either!

I saw clockwise first, then switching.

AmberWaves, a scientist friend of mine says some people are genetically unable to see those magic eye things--I''m one of them. It has to do with a particular spatial ability. She found this out when she did organic chemistry in university and her lab partner couldn''t visualize molecule equations. Interesting.

Really? Wow! I always was so mad that I couldn''t do it. Thanks for telling me that!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
So freakin freaky ...

It started clockwise for me ... turned counter when I could only see part of the figure ... then turned again.

BUT -- then I realized ... as I read the list of "attributes" -- the figure would turn in different directions (in my peripheral vision) depending on whether I thought the PARTICULAR attribute I was reading at the time was true to my character or untrue.

Now THAT is CUCKOOO!!!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Definitely left-brained here, although I''m big-picture, not detail oriented. I can only see her going counter-clockwise. Someone say something to piss me off to see if it works!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I can''t make her go counter clockwise. But, on any other "brain test" I''ve always been left brained. Can you switch "brained-ness"?

Other quick tests I''ve heard of; When you fold your hands together, which thumb is on top. And, When you fold your arms across your chest, which hand is poking up. Whichever is on top, that''s which "brained" you are. (for both of these I''m left brained.)

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Weird. With the hand ''test'', it''s my right thumb, but with the arm test, my left arm.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 3:13:35 PM
Author: oshinbreez
I say the image actually changes. I scrolled down the page where all I could see was the foot, and it went in different directions.
I say this too. It''s hooey.

Earlier when I saw it, it was unambivalently clockwise.

Now when I opened it again, it''s counterclockwise.

Nothing changed for me, but her. She changed her movement.

Is there really any credible challenge to this?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Started off clockwise, then switched almost immediately, then switched again, and again. Don''t know what that means. It was pretty consitently both, without any effort from me. I didn''t even try to control it. Weird.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am like Evelynn, left brained all the way. I can't get it to go clockwise. ETA: now it is going clockwise, weird!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 5:47:59 PM
Author: Regular Guy
Date: 10/12/2007 3:13:35 PM

Author: oshinbreez

I say this too. It''s hooey.

Earlier when I saw it, it was unambivalently clockwise.

Now when I opened it again, it''s counterclockwise.

Nothing changed for me, but her. She changed her movement.

Is there really any credible challenge to this?

I don''t think the animation is hooey. I''ve tried it several times now and she''s still going clockwise. I''ve also tried looking at it right after I''ve looked at pretty pics, so I''m in a day dream mode. And, I''ve looked at it after doing a quick Soduko. Always going clockwise.

I won''t say that it definitely tells which brained you are though. Like I said, I''ve always been left brained. I''m very analytical and have always excelled at math. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results