carat
color
clarity

Rhapsody in Bespoke Gems Blues!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1433692661|3886228 said:
Let's hope it is still available and within my reach.

DK :))

DK: for your information, the per carat price is 140 $ AUD. Not sure just how big this chunk is though. At least the conversion rate is relatively profitable for us. Doug is always quick in responding. Please keep us updated.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1433693615|3886237 said:
dk168|1433692661|3886228 said:
Let's hope it is still available and within my reach.

DK: for your information, the per carat price is 140 $ AUD. Not sure just how big this chunk is though. At least the conversion rate is relatively profitable for us. Doug is always quick in responding. Please keep us updated.

That's good to know re: per ct price, thanks for the information.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Sparkliesluver: ah, I did not realize that you were eyeing this piece of rough too. In that case we would have been double stone sisters. How kind of you to give DK a heads-up. I love your understated concept of the 'low key search'. Knowing you it will be nothing but fabulous. How is your 'mother & son' ring progressing?

:lol: Yes, I eyed it from the beginning! It's gorgeous, and I don't have a stone like that. I know, we would have been! Maybe there will be another chance yet. :naughty: Aw, thank you. I now have three stones on their way, so I'm pretty excited and hopeful. I'll probably start a thread once they all arrive (unless I'm sure none of them will work). Thank you for asking - that project is actually coming along very well! I decided on a design and signed off on it, so hopefully in a few weeks or so I'll have a completed ring to share. :D

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see your ring SparkliesLuver!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, ricezo. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: end of day in Sydney... Any word from Doug about 'your' rough?

Mochiko: your inspiration stone has a beautiful colour. It's amazing that light coloured dreamy stones come from a teal coloured quite saturated rough! You seem to be getting what you envisioned, which is great. Hopefully the cutting process will proceed tomorrow. I might refresh Doug's Instagram page quite often in the coming days.

Sparkliesluver: you are on a roll lately 8-) . Looking forward to see which stones you have ordered. I hope they are what you expected. Yay!
Glad to hear your mother/son ring is progressing. I second Ricezo's remark: Looking forward admiring the end result.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Sparkliesluver: you are on a roll lately 8-) . Looking forward to see which stones you have ordered. I hope they are what you expected. Yay!
Glad to hear your mother/son ring is progressing. I second Ricezo's remark: Looking forward admiring the end result.

I probably shouldn't be, so I feel a ban approaching. haha I hope so too, Acinom! I really do. Aw, thank you - I am too! hehe

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No e-mail from Doug yet at 23:17 BST.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug has been in touch, and it looks promising, in that the last oval rough is still available, and within reach, details to be confirmed by him at a later date (he is recovering from flu at the mo).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1433505583|3885476 said:
I actually contacted Doug several days ago, asking if there was anything leftover (since, admittedly, I've also been thinking about this!). He responded last night and said he'd get back to me next week, if that's alright. However, I've had my own turn of events (with another very low-key search I've had going for awhile that actually turned up some results), so I responded and said I was no longer interested. So, DK, hopefully he gets to you next! :D

Hopefully, I am in the queue next, and it looks like I may be in luck. :naughty:

Looking forward to read about your so-called low-key search! :Up_to_something:

S

SparkliesLuver

I hope so too, DK! Fingers crossed. :)

hehe Hopefully I have a thread to start on Wednesday. :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver: I am looking forward to see your thread with pics of your latest acquisitions!

DK: that indeed sounds promising: available and within reach! Do you have any estimations yet on carat weight or will he confirm when he is back in his office? Would be great to be 'stone sisters' with you as well!!!

Doug shot me an email as well: explaining that he could not work on the rough because of the flu. I find it so kind and thoughtful that he took the time to send me an email. Hope you feel better soon Doug!

_30969.jpg

chocolatepudding

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies I was visiting Doug today for a project of my own and he had just finished cutting the pavillion of one of your topaz's. Just thought I'd let you know that the colour is a really lovely sky blue that I'm sure you will be besotted with. The stone is also such a good size for a ring or pendant as well and the cut looks spot on so far. Can't wait to see the finished product! If you are feeling impatient, I'm happy to spy on his progress for you next time I drop by :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you for sharing this update Chocolatepudding!
How special that you can visit Doug in person. Did you leave your fairytale bubblegum pink tourmaline at Doug's or did you take it with you again.

Please make a lot of pictures next time you visit him 8-) 8-) 8-) It's really nice to hear your view of the sky blue colour. It sounds divine indeed!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow!! What fun! :) :) :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
What a great way to spend a few hours chocolatepudding. Some day I should visit Doug as well when I have the time.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko, Pyramid, Lovinggems, Shulaibaoma and DK:

Got a message from Doug: he has just finished the two first stones and will now start with the third. Yay!
Doug would like to keep the stones together until they are all done as he would like to take a group pic of the faceted sibling stones.
Please share your thoughts about this. No firm end date yet, but according to Doug it will not take long.

Personally I do not mind as for me it will take a while before the stone will be set.
I did try to tempt him into sharing a photo of the two stones that are ready. Hoping to get his answer soon :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all goes according to plan, the last oval should be mine! :bigsmile:

Doug mentioned it could be another 2 weeks before the last oval is finished and ready for the "family" pic, to give you an idea of timescale.

S

SparkliesLuver

dk168 said:
If all goes according to plan, the last oval should be mine! :bigsmile: DK :))

Yay! Congrats, DK! That's super exciting. :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you get a photo of the two finished stones we ALL want to see them!!!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1434023641|3887773 said:
Mochiko, Pyramid, Lovinggems, Shulaibaoma and DK:

Got a message from Doug: he has just finished the two first stones and will now start with the third. Yay!
Doug would like to keep the stones together until they are all done as he would like to take a group pic of the faceted sibling stones.
Please share your thoughts about this. No firm end date yet, but according to Doug it will not take long.

Personally I do not mind as for me it will take a while before the stone will be set.
I did try to tempt him into sharing a photo of the two stones that are ready. Hoping to get his answer soon
:naughty:

I am happy for him to keep them for a pic, would like to see it too. That's great Chocolatepudding that you saw the stones, love your name too. Previously you asked Acinom if I was from Australia, no I am from Scotland, so am happy that the other Oval is coming to Britain too to DK. Funny we have the ovals and you the asschers.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1434028324|3887790 said:
dk168 said:
If all goes according to plan, the last oval should be mine! :bigsmile: DK :))

Yay! Congrats, DK! That's super exciting. :appl:

+1: Yay indeed! So the last piece is indeed yours DK! Do you have the specs of your oval or will you keep it a surprise. Any ideas on how you will set it?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkieb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pyramid: ha! The ovals are indeed heading in the same direction!
I would like to see the final group pic as well. I think it's great that all the sibling stones go to PSers.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed that the last oval will be mine, pending on Doug's confirmation.

He suggested the Supernova cut which will be fine by me as it is lovely cut, and I could do with a significant oval stone.

I have not decided on the setting yet, as the butterfly/berry & petals settings may be too small for this stone, which is likely to be 10mm x 12.5-13.3mm. Not in a hurry to set it as I would like to spend more on a nicer setting.

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1434052098|3888006 said:
Fingers crossed that the last oval will be mine, pending on Doug's confirmation.

He suggested the Supernova cut which will be fine by me as it is lovely cut, and I could do with a significant oval stone.

I have not decided on the setting yet, as the butterfly/berry & petals settings may be too small for this stone, which is likely to be 10mm x 12.5-13.3mm. Not in a hurry to set it as I would like to spend more on a nicer setting.

DK: fingers crossed you get the confirmation soon!
I love the supernova design. It's a gorgeous design!!

And yay for such a great size!

_31039.jpg

_31040.jpg

_31041.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Supernova ovals are great, no half half extinction issues. Great choice DK!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo, Doug confirmed I can have the last remaining rough.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First two off the dop! These are the two twin 11mm Asschers for Acinom and me. [emoji7] [emoji16]

uploadfromtaptalk1434069270733.png

uploadfromtaptalk1434069290085.png

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautifully cut stones. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results