shape
carat
color
clarity

Retired Ear Piercings

p12345

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.

Not sure if I am posting in the right area, apologies if not.

I have multiple ear piercings and have decided I would like the more classic look of just one piercing on each ear. My other piercings have been there for a long time so it is unlikely they will close now.

What have you done in this situation? Have you just stopped using the piercings even though they are there and gone onto use just the one in each other, does it bother you they show? Carried on using all the piercing?

Be interested to see what you all have done.

TIA

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

There is a thread by "our" lovely @Begonia . Not sure if it will help but worth a look!

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have plenty that I ignore, overtime they're less and less noticeable.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ignore the old holes in my head…err I mean ears. :lol:
Though recently I did put earrings in those older holes, after like 20 years, and was shocked how easy it was.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I've retired a few piercings. Depending on where they are and how long you've had them, some will heal over better than others.

Aside from getting plastic surgery over the holes, I've decided to ignore them. I reckon people aren't scrutinizing your ears when they look, it's usually more of a glance. The holes do narrow considerably once the earring is out too.

Here are 2 piercings I retired in August after several years being pierced. Before and then today. Screenshot_20230708_182028_Messenger.jpg

Attachments

• 20240407_170117.jpg
    20240407_170117.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 29

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
all of a sudden im having so much trouble with my main ear peircing after not wearing earrings for a year
its lumpy and sore and i guess full of gunk

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I developed some sort of allergy and haven't been able to wear earring for years..like at least 8-10 years....I had my ears pierced 50 years ago (yeah I am that old lol) and you can still the holes, they never closed up.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually only wear one per ear, but I have ability to wear three per ear. no matter what I do the other two never close up.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 3 in one ear and one in the other. I love the asymmetry of it and would never get rid of the extra piercings. However, due to the closeness of the holes in the ear with 3 piercings, I generally don't wear anything in the center piercing of the three. That hole just shrinks when I don't use it - especially after a few showers - and you can barely see it. I can still put earrings in it - and do - but when I'm not putting something in the hole it's not bothersome, visually.

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
I only have 1 hole but for a period of time I thought I might have stretched out the hole due to wearing costume earrings... put that to an end... silly 20 year old me!
Anyhow, during that phase, I think I did come across some cosmetic surgery fixes where they stich it up? Not sure if that is worth exploring but agree that the average person isn't focused on your earring holes. Or better yet, wearing the prettiest earrings that you can find so the focus is on that instead of the empty holes?! : )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results