shape
carat
color
clarity

Restoration Hardware Cribs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Mara- Thanks for the advice, I will be sure to poke my head around on etsy. I did a bit more searching last night, and actually found a nice solid navy bedding print that I liked, and it was a third of the price, of the set in the pics I posted above.
It''s too funny you said something about having "busy" prints in the crib, becuase I actually thought about the same thing. I think I might be leaning towards the solid navy, and think it will look really good with the Navy/White pin stripe walls we are going to do. I will keep everything calmer, if you will!
2.gif

SS- Thanks for the input. Luckily, with this model, the sides that will be in use for many years, are the taller ones, and the side that the baby will most likely "gnaw" on (the front), will be removed as soon as it becomes a toddler bed... but, we shall see!
5.gif
The conversion kit is actually only $99 for this bed (10% of the price), which we are just going to register for, along with the frame for the full/twin as well.

Thanks stpeh- We will definitley stock up on "sale" sheets wherever we can. How often do you change the sheets in a baby crib? Also, if you use a co-sleeper for a few months, what type of bedding do you use on those?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
RE: crib sheets. I got this tip from a cousin when I was pregnant with JT and it saved me SOO much time. I used 3 sets of sheets and pads on top of one another. Then, if he peed through, spit up, had explosive poops, etc in the middle of the night, I just had to take off the sheet and pad and have a fresh sheet and pad underneath.

There were days when he''d go through the 3 sheets in 24 hours so I always had 6.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I was so incredibly lucky with Andrew...he only had a leaky diaper 1 time...and that was b/c my MIL bought him Luvs instead of his normal pampers and they leaked on us. Other than that he never leaked and hardly spit up at all, so I only had to wash them every few days...I''m sure I won''t get as lucky this time around! Great tip SS!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
meresal - arm''s reach makes sheets for their co-sleeper if that''s the brand you were looking to get. they sell them at baby earth.

question about bedding - how''s the order? is it mattress, fitted sheet then ultimate crib sheet? and then if they wet, you remove the ultimate crib sheet and put a new one one?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah i got a PB sheet that was like $20 for a gift, but honestly the Circo sheets at Target are really soft (jersey i think) and in solid colors i like and they were like $7.00. most people told me to have 2-3 sheets on hand and do the waterproof pad underneath or the sheet saver etc. also we got the Naturepedic organic waterproof crib (seamless) mattress and then i got the Naturepedic waterproof cotton crib mattress cover so we have like 500 layers of waterproof HAHAA on this crib. but the sheets are cheap.
3.gif

oh and note for anyone, my friend who just had her baby 4 weeks ago said GET more waterproof pads than you think, she says they go through them a lot. Walmart has a pack of 8 for $15 online. just FYI.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 11:00:03 AM
Author: Mara
yeah i got a PB sheet that was like $20 for a gift, but honestly the Circo sheets at Target are really soft (jersey i think) and in solid colors i like and they were like $7.00. most people told me to have 2-3 sheets on hand and do the waterproof pad underneath or the sheet saver etc. also we got the Naturepedic organic waterproof crib (seamless) mattress and then i got the Naturepedic waterproof cotton crib mattress cover so we have like 500 layers of waterproof HAHAA on this crib. but the sheets are cheap.
3.gif

oh and note for anyone, my friend who just had her baby 4 weeks ago said GET more waterproof pads than you think, she says they go through them a lot. Walmart has a pack of 8 for $15 online. just FYI.

haha, i just bought the naturepedic waterproof cover yesterday. can you put up a link for the waterproof pads you keep mentioning? these are the ones i have on my registry.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are the walmart ones:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4252628

they aren't in stores i don't think. i have some from Gerber too that came in a 2 pack, but they are harder to find. Target has them too in 3 packs. they call them multi-purpose or waterproof pads typically. they come in lots of diff brands. also when i read reviews on them, it sounds like most of them pill and/or come apart within a few months of use since you wash them so much.

that's why i thought i will just go for the 8 pack for $15 so i can replace them if i need to in a few months. oh they come in diff sizes too, some are smaller, but i wanted the 18x27 since my friend said that is what 'caught' most everything the best haha.

btw i love the review at the bottom of the page where the gal complains they are just sheets you put under the baby. she is like 'i could have used newspapers to do the same thing'...let's line the kid's crib with newspapers!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ah, so what i have on my registry isn''t the same thing. do i even need the ones i registered for?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 11:19:48 AM
here are the walmart ones:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4252628

they aren''t in stores i don''t think. i have some from Gerber too that came in a 2 pack, but they are harder to find. Target has them too in 3 packs. they call them multi-purpose or waterproof pads typically. they come in lots of diff brands. also when i read reviews on them, it sounds like most of them pill and/or come apart within a few months of use since you wash them so much.

that''s why i thought i will just go for the 8 pack for $15 so i can replace them if i need to in a few months. oh they come in diff sizes too, some are smaller, but i wanted the 18x27 since my friend said that is what ''caught'' most everything the best haha.

btw i love the review at the bottom of the page where the gal complains they are just sheets you put under the baby. she is like ''i could have used newspapers to do the same thing''...let''s line the kid''s crib with newspapers!!
You could add a sliding tray underneath, just like REAL hamster!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know meresal...haha...exactly. why not wrap the kid in newspaper too.

jcrow, what you reg'd for reminds me of 'sheet savers' kind of thing, just more layers. i have a few of those too. i think they can be useful for sure, anything waterproof and quilted can't hurt IMO. american baby has some of those on amazon too i was looking at. i like the quilted option.

but these other pads are more like what you could lay under the baby's body almost anywhere. some people also use them for burping cloths or lap cloths or put them in a diaper bag, and you can also cut them up into diff sizes. i think these are literally like one layer of vinyl and then on top is a fleece. the Gerber ones i have are like that. my friend said they have 5 of these and she had to buy more...i guess her little girl has a lot of explosions.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 11:41:11 AM

jcrow, what you reg''d for reminds me of ''sheet savers'' kind of thing, just more layers. i have a few of those too. i think they can be useful for sure, anything waterproof and quilted can''t hurt IMO. american baby has some of those on amazon too i was looking at. i like the quilted option.

but these other pads are more like what you could lay under the baby''s body almost anywhere. some people also use them for burping cloths or lap cloths or put them in a diaper bag, and you can also cut them up into diff sizes. i think these are literally like one layer of vinyl and then on top is a fleece. the Gerber ones i have are like that. my friend said they have 5 of these and she had to buy more...i guess her little girl has a lot of explosions.
I registered for like 4 packs, because I heard that you are going to want to use them everywhere... including while the baby is in their swing and bouncer. I figured the more the merrier.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 11:41:11 AM

jcrow, what you reg''d for reminds me of ''sheet savers'' kind of thing, just more layers. i have a few of those too. i think they can be useful for sure, anything waterproof and quilted can''t hurt IMO. american baby has some of those on amazon too i was looking at. i like the quilted option.

but these other pads are more like what you could lay under the baby''s body almost anywhere. some people also use them for burping cloths or lap cloths or put them in a diaper bag, and you can also cut them up into diff sizes. i think these are literally like one layer of vinyl and then on top is a fleece. the Gerber ones i have are like that. my friend said they have 5 of these and she had to buy more...i guess her little girl has a lot of explosions.

got it. i''ll take the others off the registry because i also have the ultimate sheet saver listed. i figured the ones i had and the ones you were talking about weren''t the same. mine look thicker.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results