shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset Peridot is here! (Eye Candy inside! ;))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
So, my first colored stone project is complete! For the story: Link

And now the good stuff!

Stats: 5mm Peridot
10x Loupe Clean
slight "sleepy" appearance
Precision cut by Louis Nasr of the Nasr Brothers Jewelers (excellent jewelers in the DFW area)

First the obligatory hand shot, done on my left hand because I couldn''t get a good right hand shot LOL

kayperidot1.jpg

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
It''s not nearly as milky as it''s photographing

kayperidot5.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful! I think it looks perfect in its new home.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks IndyLady, I really wish I had a picture of the setting before, because you guys wouldn''t believe it''s the same ring! It cleaned up beautifully and has some rosy undertones in the metal.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring kayla.tastikk! I love sleepy stones and that green looks amazing.
30.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, thats a lovely ring. amazing setting! (yes you should have done a few before pictures!!)

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and I want a closer look at the precision faceting of the stone and the setting! The setting looks very unique.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks brandy, Arcadian and Chrono, next to y''all''s though, it seems pitiful lol.

Chrono- I''m going to try and take some other ones in the sunlight tomorrow. It''s 9 pm here, and it''s supposed to be overcast, but I''ll try nonetheless :]

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What a unique setting! I love how the green just pops out at you. Thanks for sharing!

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! There''s a link in the first post for the story of the setting.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty setting! It looks great!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful cut, color and brilliance. Looks like a pale demantoid. Very interesting stone.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 1:21:46 AM
Author: crasru
Wonderful cut, color and brilliance. Looks like a pale demantoid. Very interesting stone.

Thank you. It really spoke to me when he showed me the tray of peridots. It really didn't look anything like the others. It's super camera shy though :/

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2010 1:00:55 AM
Author: Laila619
What a pretty setting! It looks great!

Thanks! I think it''s a great first project.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! That stone and setting work very nice together!

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ma re. We went with the peridot not only because it went well with the setting but also because it's a "younger" look. the setting was designed to be a pearl ring, but I thought that was too soft for frequent wear and on top of that, pearls tend to look weird on someone less than 30...because I'm pretty much way under thirty lol...

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m not normally a peridot fan but the rosy colour with the stone looks great.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!

I''m in DFW, as well and my first experience at Nasr included dropping a 1 ct. asscher diamond from unlocked tweezers. So embarrassing. LOL

Be on the lookout for a get together in the spring!

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
I love Nasr. We''ve always used them, and we''re close to their original location in Garland, but they''re shutting it down and condensing to the other locations.
14.gif
And I''m definitely looking forward to a GTG!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love green stones! Yours looks really pretty! If I could I would have a ring in every possible colour!
9.gif

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock

I''m a sucker for peridot (it''s my birthstone and my favorite color) and I have to say, this stone and this setting complement each other beautifully! The setting really flatters the stone and the stone is perfect for the setting.

(I''m having a peridot set in rose gold right now--there''s just something about those colors together.)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!!!!11

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WOW I love that! Gorgeous setting and color combo- perfection!

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the wonderful compliments! I honestly was a bit hesitant about posting pics because it feels so small compared to all of y''all''s.

I took a couple of closer detail shots that I''ll upload in the morning. Still can''t get good pictures of the faceting, it''s such a shy stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results