shape
carat
color
clarity

Two projects in one week, thanks a lot PS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
So, after becoming enamored with all of y''all''s gorgeous pretties, I commissioned a ring off of Etsy, but I''m keeping the designer secret for now. The sketch is below. It''ll be a cushion cut aqua with three white sapphires in sterling silver with filigree with an uneven split shank. I''ll post progress pictures as I get them :]

Then, as I was looking for something in my mom''s jewelry box, I found a 10k yellow gold setting that I really dug. I asked her about it, and she said that it use to hold a coral colored crystal and that she got it in Hawaii in 1969 when she went there with my grandparents right after she had my oldest sister. It had two dinky little fake stones on either side, but I was really interested in getting it set with something, so I went to our local family jeweler who''s done my mom''s custom emerald ring, and her gorgeous aqua, and he suggested a peridot because it''s young and the gold is darker and it will really pop. :]

I''m totally kicking myself though because I forgot to take a before picture. I''m going to stop by on my way home from class tomorrow and snap a quick pic.

sketch.png

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I hope you keep everyone posted on this project. It looks like it could turn out really amazingly.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
I''m very, very excited, and definitely gonna keep everyone posted, because I like seeing other people''s projects, so I''m hoping people want to see mine! haha.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I want to see all of your photos and read about both your projects!! We love that here on PS.

Cool sketch. TFS!!

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Stone Hunter! I''m stopping by my B&M jeweler today to snap a picture of the setting for my peridot.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
They had already sent it to their other location, but I should have it a week from today!

But, for now, here''s my mom''s emerald ring to compensate!

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
It''s a natural emerald, we''re unsure of treatments though, flanked by four round diamonds, set in 14k gold.
This is the inspiration for my aqua.

phpfnYHbPPM.jpg

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
This is a side shot, showing the larger split shank.

php6K9WjCPM.jpg

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
This is another side shot showing the narrower shank.

phpp7UdNRPM.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unusual design. How long will it take to complete the setting?

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Approximately 4-5 weeks for the aqua and next Wednesday for the peridot.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
The peridot ring is still being worked on. There was a slight issue removing the side stones and closing the gap they left. Hopefully I''ll be able to pick it up Monday. And the designer I''m working with for the aqua ring just convo''d me and said that it will probably be ready to ship on March eight! She sent me a picture of the raw materials and the aqua looks fab. I''ll post a picture when I get home early tomorrow morning.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
cool..you sound excited..it''s fun isn''t it..you will now be having multiple projects going on all the time..LOL..pics are eagerly anticipated
1.gif

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture of all the raw! I
30.gif
how chunky the aqua is! And on top of these two projects, I have my first two loose stones on the way! PS, more specifically CS, is very addicting!
3.gif

phpwSsLMQPM.jpg

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results