shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset my spinel or not...that is the annual question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''re heading into fall, my favorite season. Each fall I get restless, itchy to do new things, buy new things or redo old things. Dunno why, it just happens every year. I''ve had my wedding ring 5 years. Flip flopped back & forth about simple and diamond crusted settings for months before settling on a simple setting that would let the stone be the star. I kind of sort of maybe want a reset. Haven''t too much of a clue what I want. Following are pics before it was set, the Leon Mege I almost had made for it, the final setting, and a Coffin & Trout sample of one I kinda sorta maybe like
20.gif
I''m thinking I''d like an east-west design, kinda sorta. LOL. Any and all setting suggestions are welcome. Stone is 3.21c

In it''s temporary holder

spinneywesteast.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the Mege I liked best but ultimately decided I didn''t want pave.

notchosen.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s she is. Setting made by local jeweler

spnelhand.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
side view

spinnelside.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the concept of this Coffin & Trout ring. Hate the prongs.

Interlude_150-R29TILDR00687100.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2009 6:22:15 PM
Author: Matata
Here''s she is. Setting made by local jeweler
This one is beautiful... not too much going on and letting your Spinel be the star... although I bet it would look beautiful EW though.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Personally i love the LM setting you had!!! but the coffin and trout one was interesting too. Though I''m not sure it was showcase the color as well as it could. I do like the east west position though for ovals....that is my all time favorite!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, please don''t hate me, but I actually think that spinel shines best east-west in the ring holder on your hand. Super simple . . . maybe with an open semi bezel and plain shank?

I do like the ring it''s in now, though. I''m all for keeping things the way they are unless you can''t live with it at all.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look fresh in a EW setting. The color is
30.gif
30.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 7:33:35 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I think it would look fresh in a EW setting. The color is
30.gif
30.gif

Ditto. And I''m kind of with LTP, too. I think a lovely semi-bezel e-w would be great. The color is so stunning that it can stand on its own!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2009 7:32:29 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
OK, please don''t hate me, but I actually think that spinel shines best east-west in the ring holder on your hand. Super simple . . . maybe with an open semi bezel and plain shank?
I do like the ring it''s in now, though. I''m all for keeping things the way they are unless you can''t live with it at all.

Goodness gracious...I couldn''t possibly hate you. I want ideas & opinions. The east-west orientation appeals to me too. I think maybe that''s what''s been bugging me about the ring for so long. I should have set it east-west to begin with.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, Making the Grade & Novel.....Help me find some pics, pleeeeze.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Will do! I wish there were a digging through pages smiley...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d like the style of the Leon setting without the pave. That reminds me of Freke''s split-shank engraved setting for Big Blue. To be honest, I don''t think your current setting is as magnificent as your stone!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about something like this, but with diamonds only on the inner band and none on the outer bands?

Reine-de-Naples-Jewels.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here were some semi bezels I considered for my tsav (but decided it''d be too dark to bezel)

1161.jpg

EWtabz2.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2009 7:54:47 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''d like the style of the Leon setting without the pave. That reminds me of Freke''s split-shank engraved setting for Big Blue. To be honest, I don''t think your current setting is as magnificent as your stone!

Ooooooooooooo, I never thought of the Leon without the pave, DUH. That''s a great idea. I''m glad you like the stone. Searched for 7 months, looked at nearly a 100, my poor jeweler.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
That green with gold is saved in my files too...

Ok, cushion bezel, if you like ''em thick. (I don''t know how to do more than one pic at a time, so more coming).

etsycushionbezel.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2009 8:06:42 PM
Author: Novel
That green with gold is saved in my files too...

Ok, cushion bezel, if you like ''em thick. (I don''t know how to do more than one pic at a time, so more coming). [/QUOTE

Thanks, Novel, you''re so kind to help me search. I like the one with the blue stone. I''m thinking I want a smoother transition between stone & shank like this example

yellow sapphire cush. ring east-west.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, thats lovely. Its such a strong stone, it can definitely handle that. It turns out that its hard to find semi bezels for cushion, because of the shape...

The below is against my bezel senses, but I have a friend whose e-ring is set like this, and its stunning. Ignore the pave!
1.gif
And its my pleasure to help look! I love bezels.

peridotpave.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata,
You have a true gem. Please take it out of the ring holder asap. That thing can cause severe damage. Unfortunately, I speak from experience.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, here I go again, manically swinging from simple to this, which has long been one of my faves, made by Renaissance Platinum.

d-Renaissance-platinum-1.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it in the ring holder too haha!

This of Leon''s w/a plain band I think would look terrific.

However..I adore bezels and semi bezels sooo I dig that idea too!

r1158_017Ww.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriett, the ring has been set for 5 years in the icky semi bezel I posted above. My precioussssssssss needs a new home.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2009 8:34:05 PM
Author: packrat
This of Leon''s w/a plain band I think would look terrific.

OMG. I missed that one. Gorgeous.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay folks, Next Day Air just arrived with two boxes of frozen rodents for the cats so I''ve got to get them in the freezer & then get the cats fed. Tonight they are having quail. I''m having popcorn. LOL.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked and looked, and I thought he had a plain band w/a stone set e/w but I don''t see it, so maybe I dreamed it!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 8:34:57 PM
Harriett, the ring has been set for 5 years in the icky semi bezel I posted above. My precioussssssssss needs a new home.
I understand. Do remove it from the temporary holder. That thing is dangerous. Quick!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2009 8:50:30 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 9/24/2009 8:34:57 PM

I understand. Do remove it from the temporary holder. That thing is dangerous. Quick!

LOL! Gotcha. Any suggestions, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results