shape
carat
color
clarity

Renee Zelwelger and Kenny Chesney?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2005 1:32:59 PM
Author: Erin
I don''t think she looks 12 weeks pregnant. I think she looks NORMAL (as opposed to previously looking anorexic.)
I''ve seen magazine photos of her dated months ago and she had the same rounded belly as she does now.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
You guys think she has a rounded belly?
6.gif

If you think she looks 12 weeks along with her stomach, I must be about 5 months
7.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This IS Renee Zellwegger here...queen of the highs and lows of weight(that''s so bad for you by the way...i read an article on how it horribly ages your skin to be so drastic up and down)....she has looked too thin and sickly in the past...personally I think she still looks too thin (look at the bones in her shoulders) but for me that dress just emphasizes her rounded stomach which to me looks ''at odds'' with the rest of her thin frame. I would have loosened the dress up a bit in the stomach area and not drawn so much attention....as for preggers..who knows.
9.gif

but then again when I pointed this out to my girlfriend today she noted ''well with a ONE DAY notice...that gives new meaning to the words ''off the rack''!''
20.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I think she looks fine in her dress, which is by one of her favorite designers. And truthfully, I think that dress is quite similar to many of the gowns she has worn in the recent years as far as style....by the same designer mostly, so not too surprising to me that she would go with something like that. I think her weight fluctuations were driven mostly by her choice of movie roles, probably with a sprinkling of her own obsessions of losing weight after gaining. OH, I so hated her in her anorexic looking stage with black hair...YUK!
32.gif
But oftentimes she can look very beautiful when she has some meat on her bones.

Gay or not, the man has spectacular abs!! He is far more photogenic than she is too.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Okay, Kenny won Entertainer of the year at the American Country Music Awards last night, and he didn''t mention Renee once! I''d be a little peeved if I were her, especially sonce they''re such recent newlyweds. She wasn''t there with him at the awards either.....I''m beginning to wonder if this is all a hoax.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2005 2:35:53 PM
Author: Logan Sapphire
You guys think she has a rounded belly?
6.gif

If you think she looks 12 weeks along with her stomach, I must be about 5 months
7.gif
LOL - I thought the same thing!!! I can only wish that my belly will be that flat again. Wait until after 2 pregnancies and 20 years of marriage -- things just don''t go back the way they once were. Mr. DiamondLil calls this "the path of least resistance.
6.gif
38.gif

DiamondLil

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I think she looks great in her dress. The only thing I''ve noticed is that her make up was too dark, her face looks orangy. She needed to blend it better into her jawline or get a lighter shade that was a better match to her skin tone. I thought she looked cute in Jerry McGuire, and liked her a lot in Cold Mountain. She looks better with a little more weight on her, without it she always looks like she just sucked a lemon whenever I see her red carpet pictures.

I wish them luck, why oh why are Hollywood couples always in such a darned RUSH to get to the altar??

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Renee is absolutely adorable. I only saw her act in "Chicago", but I thought she couldn''t have been cuter :).

Deb

renee1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and who says his abs are better?

renee2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And there are *so* many more shots of her looking gorgeous!!!

renee3.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don''t see what Kenny saw in her? ;-)

Deb

renee5.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and this one, too.

Renee6.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
That''s too bad. I thought they were cute together.

Maybe she found out he''s gay....

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I just read the article too...hmmm...wonder why they want an annulment and not a divorce???
34.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 7:59:27 PM
Author: Stretch4
I just read the article too...hmmm...wonder why they want an annulment and not a divorce???
34.gif

Isn''t an annulment BETTER than a divorce?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 8:04:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 9/15/2005 7:59:27 PM
Author: Stretch4
34.gif

Isn''t an annulment BETTER than a divorce?
Depends on what you are looking for.

Like a divorce, an annulment is a court procedure that dissolves a marriage. But unlike a divorce, an annulment treats the marriage as though it never happened. For some people, divorce carries a stigma, and they would rather their marriage be annulled. Others prefer an annulment because it may be easier to remarry in their church if they go through an annulment rather than a divorce. There are certain legal reasons to get an annulment that I''m sure vary by state, i.e. fraud or misrepresentation, concealment, misunderstanding, etc.

I was just being nosy as to what reason the party filing for the annulment had.
20.gif

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
You''re forgetting lack of consummation of the marriage. Who knows? I thought they were a strange combination anyway. A legal annulment doesn''t affect church remarriage. In the Catholic church a catholic marriage has to be annulled by the church. A legal annulment is usually pretty difficult to get unless you can prove you didn''t cohabitate or like mentioned above, fraud, bigamy, duress, force, concealment or misrepresentation of facts or circumstances. Or even defects in the marriage license or ceremony. I wonder which applies? You usually can''t get one just because you want it.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Momoftwo, yeah that''s my point, I''m just curious as to what the excuse for the annulment is
41.gif
. I just can''t decide one day that I want an annulment of my marriage without meeting one of the state requirements (i.e. refusal or inability to consummate the marriage).

And you are right about the religion part, I could get a civil divorce and then ask the church for a religious annulment.

And like you said, this was a strange combination anyway
2.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
This is from the SF Chronicle http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/13/EDG9CB8VOF1.DTL

". . . As someone who covers politics, I've seen the bad apples. Sheila Rauch Kennedy fought her ex-husband, former Rep. Joe Kennedy, D-Mass., when he sought an annulment because she didn't want to tell her children that they were not the product of a sanctified marriage. As she wrote in her 1997 book, "Shattered Faith," the church made many women "believe that their whole lives were in being wives and mothers," but when "their marriages fall apart, the church tells them they were never really married in the first place." Joe Kennedy won his annulment."

And the list goes on . . .

Joe and Sheila Kennedy had been married 12 years and had 2 kids, Kerry had been married 18 years and had 2 kids, Ted Kennedy had been married 24 years and had 3 kids . . .

The whole annullment thing seems to have become a racket. It seems to be handed out by the catholic church for convenience.

Just my .02

Blu

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I know I was shocked too when I saw it earlier on E! News. I was reading In Touch''s website this morning and she was quoted saying "That she was a very happy girl, and that married life was great." When I checked their site after I heard about the anullment, they had removed the quote. I thought they were the cutest couple!!
39.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
On the news, it noted that she''s requesting an annulment on the grounds of "fraud"...Could it be the gay cowboy thing?
2.gif
That would be kinda fraudulent!

I like Kenny more than her anyday though! He''s such a little cutie!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2005 10:40:23 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
This is from the SF Chronicle http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/13/EDG9CB8VOF1.DTL

''. . . As someone who covers politics, I''ve seen the bad apples. Sheila Rauch Kennedy fought her ex-husband, former Rep. Joe Kennedy, D-Mass., when he sought an annulment because she didn''t want to tell her children that they were not the product of a sanctified marriage. As she wrote in her 1997 book, ''Shattered Faith,'' the church made many women ''believe that their whole lives were in being wives and mothers,'' but when ''their marriages fall apart, the church tells them they were never really married in the first place.'' Joe Kennedy won his annulment.

The ex-wife of Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., fought his bid for an annulment for the same reasons. Kerry won.

On the right of the political spectrum, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani won an annulment because his first wife was his second cousin. Now he''s married to wife No. 3. . . .''

And the list goes on . . .

Joe and Sheila Kennedy had been married 12 years and had 2 kids, Kerry had been married 18 years and had 2 kids, Ted Kennedy had been married 24 years and had 3 kids . . .

The whole annullment thing seems to have become a racket. It seems to be handed out by the catholic church for convenience.

Just my .02

Blu
I can only speak from my own experience, but in my case, the Catholic Church did NOT hand out an anullment easily AT ALL! My first husband and I were married in our early 20''s, and our marriage only lasted 18 months. By the time we separated, we had a baby. My ex decided that he didn''t love me anymore, and was already involved with another woman when he left me. It took me several years to obtain an anullment from the Church, and I had to fill out endless questionares, be interviewed several times, produce affidavits from "witnesses" regarding the circumstances of my marriage and relationship (for which I got ZERO cooperation from my ex and his family). The tribunal of priests that were reviewing my case were reluctant to grant the anullment because of the fact we had a child together that was born during the marriage. They finally, after years of beseeching on my part, granted the anullment on the grounds of "breech of faith". My ex was not a Catholic at the time of our marriage, nor was he a baptized Christian of any faith, and he was refusing to agree to raise our son in the Catholic Church. Their conclusion was, if he wasn''t a Catholic and had no intention of becoming one or raising his child as a Catholic, he wasn''t really sincere when he made the marriage vows in the Catholic Church. I finally got my anullment and was able to marry again in the eyes of the Catholic church. Having the anullment from the church wasn''t a legal thing, though. In the eyes of the law, I was still married to my ex at the time of my son''s birth, and having an anullment through the Catholic Church in no ways makes my son illegitimate.

I have no idea what the grounds would have to be for a legal anullment. Probably either because the marriage was not consumated, or because one of the parties wasn''t legally in a position to marry. I''m betting on the consumation angle...I''ve always heard he was gay, too. What a shock that would be? LOL!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot this discussion of annulment has centered on the Catholic Church and canonical law. I do not believe that Renée Zellweger and Kenny Chesney can have had a Catholic wedding since a Catholic wedding must take place in a church and theirs was on a beach. The annulment they seek must be civil.

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As tawn said above, the reason given in the request for a civil annulment is, "fraud". This is from the Assosiated press:

"In court papers filed Wednesday, Zellweger listed ''fraud" as the reason for the breakup but did not elaborate.

A phone call to her attorney was not immediately returned, nor was a call to Gleason later in the day regarding the fraud claim."

Deborah

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
It is a legal anullment they''re looking for. The church angle came up because someone mentioned it. I made sure to call this a legal anulment. As far as I know, you cannot get a church annulment until you''re divorced legally and I don''t remember hearing they were married by a priest. They were married on Kenny''s island. I wonder what laws apply there? US because he''s a US citizen and owns it or is it in a particular jurisdiction? Or is it the state they applied for the annulment in? As for Hollywood marriages, there is no stigma in divorce so I wonder why they''d go through the scrutiny of filing for an annulment? It''s been 4 months and it''s not like the drunken Britney stunt, so you''d think they''d want to keep the media from investigating it. I do know they can avoid the whole community property issue of divorce with an annulment. Although they could both agree to a divorce and property division without fighting over stuff.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Splitting after only 4 months!!!!! Call me old fashioned, but this makes me SICK!!!!!
29.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
FRAUD?? That''s unusual. I wonder if Kenny was perhaps misleading her about his sexual orientation?
6.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2005 8:32:22 AM
Author: Momoftwo
I do know they can avoid the whole community property issue of divorce with an annulment. Although they could both agree to a divorce and property division without fighting over stuff.

Aha! I think you are onto something! Perhaps there are tax reasons for an annulment. If one was never legally married, perhaps it simplifies income tax filing. Any accountants here?

Deb

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I wondered what was up with the annulment "fraud" thing. 4 months?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results