shape
carat
color
clarity

Rectangular cushion vs square ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandonman22

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 4:43:00 PM
Author: indypitty

Date: 2/25/2008 8:29:56 PM
Author: MattyB5576
indypitty

My gf loves your ring. She has been looking for that type of ring/setting and we can''t find it anywhere even though it seems to be simple but beautiful. Everyone seems to offer something close but just not quite right. Can you let us know where you got yours from?
thank you so much,
MB

Thanks Matty,

The setting is this one from James Allen. I agree that was hard to find a setting that was just right, even though it is so simple!

Wow, when I saw your ring, I was blown away. I''m actually in search for a cushion cut diamond to go on top of the Tiffany Novo ring (much like your James Allen). Tell me though, would you consider your diamond the crushed ice look, antique, or in between? Looks in between to me.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rhino, yeah I guess I should know by now that all the numbers in the world will not disclose much about
any cushion!

Have to add I loved that "in between" stone you posted and
Addlepated''s as well. Both are stunning!

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 11:19:50 AM
Author: bebe
Elmo,

I know what a keel is on a boat, and I'm trying to translate that to a diamond,

but I'm in the dark, can you explain that to me? Thanks!
Normally you think of a culet as coming to a point or being octagonal as it gets larger (in the case of stones with eight pavilion main facets). A keel however is a long culet, one with more length than width. If you look at the bottom of the diamond from the side, it will look a bit like the keel of a boat
1.gif
. You will see this on rectangular cushions and more often on ECs.

Geek observation: it seems to me that the GIA reports the culet size for stones with a keel based only on the width of the culet not the length. Visual perception may be that the keel/culet looks pretty big but the report will say otherwise. Makes sense but it wasn't my initial expectation.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Elmo

I kinda thought the keel might be something like
one on a boat, but your explanation summed it all
up for me. So, even if the certificate says no or
small keel, it could visually look larger because
of the way it is measured. Hhmm.. something new to
study up on.
1.gif

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 5:47:59 PM
Author: brandonman22

Date: 2/26/2008 4:43:00 PM

Date: 2/25/2008 8:29:56 PM
Author: MattyB5576
indypitty

My gf loves your ring. She has been looking for that type of ring/setting and we can''t find it anywhere even though it seems to be simple but beautiful. Everyone seems to offer something close but just not quite right. Can you let us know where you got yours from?
thank you so much,
MB

Thanks Matty,

The setting is this one from James Allen. I agree that was hard to find a setting that was just right, even though it is so simple!

Wow, when I saw your ring, I was blown away. I''m actually in search for a cushion cut diamond to go on top of the Tiffany Novo ring (much like your James Allen). Tell me though, would you consider your diamond the crushed ice look, antique, or in between? Looks in between to me.
Thank you!!! I guess I always considered mine a chunky one...it has this facet plot. Maybe it is in between????

AGS8379501_zoom[1].jpg

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Here you can see some of the chunkier facets.

cushfacets.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous!!! Thanks for posting the pics!!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/26/2008 7:19:57 PM
Author: bebe
Thanks Rhino, yeah I guess I should know by now that all the numbers in the world will not disclose much about
any cushion!

Have to add I loved that ''in between'' stone you posted and
Addlepated''s as well. Both are stunning!
Thanks bebe. Yes that "in between" are ones we are always on the hunt for however demand is also high for the antique chunky style as well. Glad the pix have at least helped you narrow down the appearance you''re after. It''s a shame they aren''t always the easiest to find.
40.gif

Good luck in the hunt.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a beautiful picture indy pitty however when I saw that picture I wasn''t quite thinking cushion as much as I was oval. Very pretty though and great shot!

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Yes, it has a l:w ratio of 1.26, so it is quite elongated.

brandonman22

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 9:31:03 PM
Here you can see some of the chunkier facets.
And where did you get this ring and diamond again?

brandonman22

Rough_Rock

Rhino,

I''m assuming you''re one of the main guys or possibly the owner at GoodOldGold.com, correct?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 12:25:23 PM
Author: brandonman22

Rhino,

I''m assuming you''re one of the main guys or possibly the owner at GoodOldGold.com, correct?

yes Rhino is the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results