shape
carat
color
clarity

Really wanting a solitaire instead of my halo....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Your new setting is amazing! It really lets your main stone shine! Great re-do!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set! I love your band choice! :appl: Your rings look so pretty together!

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
I just did this with my cushion cut (I posted about it). I totally get it. I went from my solitaire to a halo back to my original solitaire (just with a bigger center stone) and I couldn't be happier. I love halos. Just not on me. Your ring is gorgeous and I'm glad it all worked out for you!

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
Thanks MsMisty! Yes, my exact situation and thoughts. I still love some halos but know the solitaire is perfect for me and my hand. I think a halo with a colored gem would be great for a right hand ring and something I'm thinking about for the future. I'll have to look up your post about your experience, I'd love to read it!

KristyDarling, thank you! And I remembered what you mentioned, about maybe contemplating on removing your halo and I think it's definitely worth contemplating. :). My ring band and wedding band have the diamonds on them and they're also wider than my other bands with the halo, so with those two things combined I've got great finger coverage, just in a different way. And it could've been my particular halo but this new set is much, much more sparkly and white. I don't know why but they definitely are. So definitely food for thought!

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe you stuck it out for a year. I lasted a month before I said, you know what, if we're going to spend this kind of money on a new ring and its probably going to be my one and only upgrade, I want it to be the exact ring that I want. Everyone kept telling me to give it some time but I just kept thinking, if I have to give it some time, doesnt that just mean that it wasn't meant for me? I wanted to be able to look at my ring and say, "I love it!" instead of, "I'll get used to it." I'm much happier with my simpler ring. Even though it doesnt have as much finger coverage (and I'll admit, when I first put it back on, i was like, hum....that looks kinda small...lol. it's not though, its a 2.75ct stone) i just think the over all look fits me better. its more dainty looking and i love it.

I went from this (my first ering):
mistyring%2025.jpg

to this:
img_7779.jpg

to this:
img_8775_0.jpg

and the funny thing was that my hubby kept telling me not to get the halo and that I wouldnt like it. I was so adamant about it and then when I finally got it, I totally regretted it. I guess he knows me better than I know me. LOL. he, of course, likes to say "I told you so!"
The best part is that my jeweler didnt charge me to make the custom reset, when in reality he couldve easily said I have to have an entirely new ring made and pay for it too.

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
Wow, yes! Your final ring is stunning. Absolute perfection to me. I do love the halo you had, it looks a lot nicer and more seamless than mine did. Yet I love your solitaire so much better. To me I just notice your stone so much more. I also thought immediately that I love the proportion of it on your finger the best. Just a rich, classic look.

I also knew within a month my halo was not the ring for me. Everyone just kept telling me how beautiful it was (I think because it was just bigger). I think I was already wanting to change it, just didn't think I could, and i figured I'd grow to love it too. I did like it, just didn't love it. My DH was the same. He waited quite awhile but one day he said he thought it looked gaudy, lol. He knew I wouldn't like it as much either.

I knew when walking out of the jewelry store this time (after picking up my ring) that I was absolutely sure. It felt 100% right and I thought it also looked like pure perfection to me. When they first brought it out to me I also thought "hmm, that's small." Ha ha! But I think it's perfectly proportioned. The smallness feeling left pretty quickly.

You definitely went with your gut, a lot sooner than I did! Yes, the best part is that they didn't charge you for a new reset. That's wonderful. Luckily I didn't have too much money out of my pocket for this (also one of the reasons I was hesitant to change settings), but enough to learn my lesson so I made sure to do it right this time.

I'm so glad you posted your pics! All three are beautiful in their own way but I love the last one the best. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results