shape
carat
color
clarity

Really wanting a solitaire instead of my halo....

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a feel good thread. "I know now that it was the brightness and sparkle I was after." - I think this is half the battle when choosing, the being defined about what you're after out of all the gorgeous choice that's out there. Making the change can be nerve wracking but your new ring looks beautiful on you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lizzy, I am really happy for you. Figuring out exactly when feels right and what your heart is wanting is sometimes the most difficult thing. I debated long and hard before I had my reset and I soooooo badly wanted one of Victor's Emilyas. But when I tried one on in person it just wasn't exactly "right". I decided to go with my gut and chose a solitaire with a blingy band like you and when I saw my completed ring my thoughts were similar to yours. I have never seen my center stone this beautiful before. It sparkled and popped, and I could see the perfect roundness that is the MRB, in all its glory.

Congratulations!! Wear it everyday with lots of joy.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lizzy - I'm so glad you found a ring that you're over-the-moon in love with! :appl: Please do post pictures when you get your new band!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous transformation! Your ring was lovely before, but it really has that special something now. Proof that it's not always about coverage! I, too, have been contemplating removing the halo from my cushion and leaving the rest alone (diamond pave band similar to yours). You've given great food for thought. Thanks for sharing your story and please keep us posted on your band search! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful transformation! :love: Your new ring is really lovely and it's super sparkly! Love it! :appl: Looking forward to seeing the band you pick out!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I followed your thread from the beginning and what a fabulous outcome!!! I love your new 'blingytaire' (solitaire with a touch of bling in the shank). You will not grow tired of this look and it is so versatile.

It looks fabulous as a standalone ring. I think it will also look great with a matching band or a polished plain band?
I personally prefer this look over your beautiful halo. I love the elegance and sophistication.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LizzyS|1438732035|3911206 said:
I picked up my ring last night and I have to say it's amazing. It's my dream ring and exactly what I've envisioned. It's so blindingly white. And sparkles a ton more than what I've been used to. It's a more substantial ring and has bigger and better diamonds on the shank. A funny side note though - she brought it out and my initial reaction was "omg it's so sparkly and white! Omg it's so small!" Ha ha! That went away before I left the store though. I obviously was used to the finger coverage....

I haven't decided what kind of band to get so will go looking tomorrow. I'm so happy wearing this ring on its own anyway! I forgot how much my center stone popped, I love it. I'll attach more pictures once I get a band!

GORGEOUS reset! LOVE it. :love: As Acinom stated it is a very sophisticated and elegant choice. :love: From one solitaire girl to another what a wonderful transformation Lizzy. And there are so many options re bands that you can wear with your ER. A versatile choice to be sure. Enjoy! :appl:

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!! This was so much fun sharing all this on here and getting everyone's opinions and experiences! Especially those who like both halos and solitaires but you might be pulled in one direction instead of another. I loved reading all of it! I just got back from picking out a band, went to a couple of different places and then found the one. It's .50 carats, H-I diamonds, and a little hidden sapphire on each side. I don't know a lot about what makes a diamond sparkle, I just know it when I see it. It had to have that sparkle and whiteness and this did. I'm almost giddy right now with the set. I think I need like a glass of wine to calm down.

I do actually feel it's elegant and sophisticated. I'm so glad you all like it! Here are a few pictures. I wish they were better but I know you all know what I mean when I say it's so sparkly and blingy! I do literally feel joy when looking at my finger.

_33020.jpg

_33021.jpg

_33022.jpg

_33023.jpg

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
More pictures! I wish I could capture the clearness of it with an iPhone, lol.

_33024.jpg

_33025.jpg

_33026.jpg

_33027.jpg

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Just perfect! Congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set looks very elegant on you! So glad you are happy - you made this happen quickly - lol!

Enjoy all the sparkles - your excitement is contagious!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, yay! It's perfect!!!! I love how happy you are with your decision, it gives me hope that someday I will finally make up my mind! Pricescope makes it so hard!! Congratulations, it a stunner! Classic beauty!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You move fast!! Your set is really beautiful. I can see why you are thrilled with it.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set! The band looks fantastic with your ring! I'm so glad it makes you happy to look at it. Now you just need some sparkling wine to go with your sparkling ring! :naughty:

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are beautiful. I'm glad you found what you love.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you found the perfect setting. It is fabulous! :love:

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
I'm still so excited, still staring at it. I wonder when that will slow down.... It has happened fast, I agree! Well, after thinking about it and knowing I've wanted to change it for the better part of a year, ha ha. It's been relatively easy as far as time goes, I've been off quite a bit this past week so was able to go to different places and take a lot of time looking and trying everything on. Something I didn't do at all last year for the reset. I had ideas now from you all and figured I'd know "it" when I saw it and tried it on and I did. Money was a factor but after trading in my halo, I decided to go ahead and put more money than I thought I would towards the new set. It just because that important to me that I get it right this time, happy with no regrets.

TruLuv, you'll find the one and make a choice! I love so many different types too. I'm very indecisive also and that doesn't help. But already I feel really, really attached to this solitaire. And I look at pics of my old halo and feel nothing, I never was attached to it even though I liked it. Now I'm thinking of a delicate halo though for a right hand ring!

LLJsmom, you described it exactly, the roundness in all its glory. It's so gorgeous all on its own. And I feel like I have the perfect comfort and familiarity back on my hand too, just with more sparkly accents. Sounds cheesy, but true!

Everyone's responses have made it even more festive! I've been wanting to respond to each individually, I have something to say to everyone, but either I'm at work and get interrupted, or I'm running around in the car looking at rings, lol. Right now I'm finally having a glass of vino as we speak, and looking at all the beautiful rings on here!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous transformation!! :appl:

I love your new solitaire and the band looks so luxurious too! :love: The hidden sapphire is a really nice touch. Will you wear a spacer to protect the prongs on your e-ring or do the prongs on your band not touch them?

Congratulations on your perfect set!

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
Thank you JDDN! Funny you should mention it....I LOVE the band too, everything about it. But in one day I knew it was causing issues. It was definitely hitting the prongs and reached almost to the diamond. I'd not thought about that at all in the jewelry store. I loved the height of the band and the width was perfect, but after wearing it I also noticed it was much higher than the ring band and overpowered it. You can't really tell from the pictures (or maybe you can?) but you lose the shape of the engagement ring a lot.

I knew I wanted the exact same look, carat weight and width so chose a band almost identical but it has a much lower profile. Well, I haven't chosen it completely yet, I purchased it and will take one or the other back once I fully decide. If it was just the matter of a spacer, I would do that because I love the ring overall so much. But then I see the other band and it sits below the basket and fits perfectly. But the other ring (with the sapphire) has a bit more presence, because of the height I think. So the one thing I love about it is probably the thing that won't work. Agh! I've attached pics of the new band.

I was going to write in about it once I chose. I want the same look of the original set. I'm leaning towards the lower profile ring, but would love an opinion!

_33063.jpg

_33064.jpg

_33065.jpg

_33066.jpg

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
The amount of pictures I've taken is insane.....

_33068.jpg

_33069.jpg

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
I don't know....I look back at the pictures and just love the taller band with the sapphire. I liked the presence it had. It had a little more sparkle? I think I either show off the engagement ring, or show off this band. They were competing a little, I just simply love them both!

Edited to say that the diamond ring comes first. I love everything about it so much and want to show it off completely. :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to be in the camp that chooses the lower profile band because I would want the engagement ring to be the primary factor of the set. I like a band that has presence but compliments rather than overpowers the engagement ring. Perhaps a higher profile band - even one with more detail - would better as a right hand ring. Just my two cents!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm, I hear what you're saying about the taller one having presence. When I looked back at the photos and compared them to the lower set band I can see a big difference. I think I like the lower one better with your e-ring as it perfectly adds sparkle and compliments your e-ring rather than competing with it. The tall one could be nice as a stand alone band. I'm also wondering if the tall one would still rub even if you wore a spacer?

FWIW I think the shorter one is blingtastic! It looks perfect!

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
MissGotRocks, everything you said was what I'd been thinking. I was a little blinded by the ring (with the sapphire) but in all reality it's the same ring, just higher. Same width, carat weight, etc. it would actually make a perfect right hand ring (or something a little bigger). This ring with the lower profile has just as much sparkle, I wore it yesterday in all kinds of light. But that's the perfect description - it totally compliments my ring instead of overshadowing it.

JDDN, actually you're right, I don't think a spacer would do any good. Or it would have to be a thick spacer, which would probably defeat the whole look I was going for? The top of the band would still hit the diamond I think, and a little bit of the prongs at the top. I like that you also like this one better and said it compliments it more.

Once again, this has helped a lot! I just tried the set on again and I love it! I'm in my pajamas staring at my finger. The whiteness and sparkle still surprises me. And for some reason, the lower profile band makes my hand/finger look a little smaller in real life. Maybe the proportion works for me better, even though I can pull off a larger ring. My ring size is actually 6 1/4 (I thought it was smaller). I'm so thankful for this group!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I love the proportions of the set combined with the lower band!! It looks very elegant and balanced. Great choice :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new setting! I am so happy that you love it too! It is gorgeous and really does make your beautiful stone the star of the show! :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just gorgeous, Lizzy! :love: I just returned from vacation and was behind reading here! I think you made a great choice! :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love the transformation! You have created a truly exquisite wedding set!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lizzie, Your new set is gorgeous and looks so beautiful in your hand.

LizzyS

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys!! I love it, it's so perfect to me too. I still can't get over it. I hope I never do, ha ha!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results