shape
carat
color
clarity

"Real" Housewives of Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
It probably is him. It makes sense. Especially since his current wife has the same manish look.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe she meant 39
27.gif
because there is NO WAY I am only one year younger than her. I never understood the lying about the age thing. Maybe I can say that at 28 *BUT* I much rather people tell me I look great for my age than think "oh, I thought she was MUCH older." I know we all know SOMEBODY who lies and it is so obvious and pathetic. Be proud I say! The wig is hideous and certainly doesn''t help matters. If she REALLY is 29 (we we all doubt) she is the REASON you should never smoke. Yikes!

So I must ask this question again...what do the women REALLY get out of doing these shows? I guess I am private but I would NEVER want to be on a reality show.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 8:41:30 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 11/12/2008 8:29:22 PM

Author: indypitty

I have to admit I''m curious who Big Poppa is. Apparently he''s a celebrity.

Here''s one gang who think they''ve figured it out. And if they''re right ... ''celebrity'' is as much of a stretch as ''29''.

Ha! Sounds like they figured it out...I don''t see why she would even mention him if she wanted it to be a secret. And "29" is quite the stretch. Although, so is "woman," for that matter. At least she''s got a beautiful singing voice!

I admit to having watched several episodes, and they are all so very trashy that I pretty much love it!

My favorite is when Nene says "I''m gonna put her in her place-cluck!" Hahaha-I just died laughing every time I saw that preview!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 10:09:51 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Maybe she meant 39
27.gif
because there is NO WAY I am only one year younger than her. I never understood the lying about the age thing. Maybe I can say that at 28 *BUT* I much rather people tell me I look great for my age than think ''oh, I thought she was MUCH older.'' I know we all know SOMEBODY who lies and it is so obvious and pathetic. Be proud I say! The wig is hideous and certainly doesn''t help matters. If she REALLY is 29 (we we all doubt) she is the REASON you should never smoke. Yikes!

So I must ask this question again...what do the women REALLY get out of doing these shows? I guess I am private but I would NEVER want to be on a reality show.
I agree. I don''t know why anyone would do it either, except that they like the attention and think they will play well on tv. What I understand even less though, is the women on the RH of OC who come back year after year, despite being repeatedly humiliated and criticized -- what drives them to return? I could see them thinking that they will play differently on tv, the first go around, but after that, why would you go through it. The Orange County show is returing again. The blond woman, who married a rich guy and finally knows what happiness is, was talking about her son now being into heroin . . . the poor kid. It seemed like she really turned her back on him because she didn''t think she could help him. If she can''t, then who could, for goodness sakes, she''s his mother! She should at least have been there for him, to support him emotionally, and maybe she was -- but the way she was portrayed on tv, it certainly didn''t look like it.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 10:36:09 AM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 11/12/2008 8:41:30 PM

Date: 11/12/2008 8:29:22 PM

Author: indypitty

I have to admit I''m curious who Big Poppa is. Apparently he''s a celebrity.

Here''s one gang who think they''ve figured it out. And if they''re right ... ''celebrity'' is as much of a stretch as ''29''.

Ha! Sounds like they figured it out...I don''t see why she would even mention him if she wanted it to be a secret. And ''29'' is quite the stretch. Although, so is ''woman,'' for that matter. At least she''s got a beautiful singing voice!

I admit to having watched several episodes, and they are all so very trashy that I pretty much love it!

My favorite is when Nene says ''I''m gonna put her in her place-cluck!'' Hahaha-I just died laughing every time I saw that preview!
Call me crazy, but I actually like Nene! She is very funny. She''s over the top, but she knows it. I''ve known women like her, and I really think she''s funny, in a non-annoying and not fake sort of way!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 11:34:59 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
Call me crazy, but I actually like Nene! She is very funny. She''s over the top, but she knows it. I''ve known women like her, and I really think she''s funny, in a non-annoying and not fake sort of way!
She''s the best of the bunch as far as I''m concerned too ... Anderson Cooper has been going around "crushing" on her, you know, in a platonic way.
3.gif
Nene''s problem is that she talks about people behind their back -- what''s hilarious is that her instincts are DEAD ON. She cuts through the BS. If she told people those same things to their face, they *still* wouldn''t like her ... but maybe other people wouldn''t fear her talking about *them* behind their backs.

Honestly, if any of my friends were behaving like the folks she is talking about/mocking ... I might pull a Nene on them myself
31.gif
11.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 12:56:05 PM

She''s the best of the bunch as far as I''m concerned too ... Anderson Cooper has been going around ''crushing'' on her, you know, in a platonic way.
3.gif
Nene''s problem is that she talks about people behind their back -- what''s hilarious is that her instincts are DEAD ON. She cuts through the BS. If she told people those same things to their face, they *still* wouldn''t like her ... but maybe other people wouldn''t fear her talking about *them* behind their backs.

Honestly, if any of my friends were behaving like the folks she is talking about/mocking ... I might pull a Nene on them myself
31.gif
11.gif
I loved it when she make that "bluck" sound on the show when it came to putting Sheree in her place...I wish I could make sound effects like that...

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 12:56:05 PM

She''s the best of the bunch as far as I''m concerned too ... Anderson Cooper has been going around ''crushing'' on her, you know, in a platonic way.
3.gif

31.gif
11.gif
Really?!?!? Anderson Cooper?? I know you have a source you want to post about that, right?

I love your holiday-modified avatar btw! Too cute!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I never watched the New York season, but I did watch some of the Orange County season and I don''t think they are any better. Like the one in the OC that married the guy just so she''d be rich again. I mean come on, really? Are you that insecure.

Now the Atlanta girls are like a oncoming train wreck that I just cannot help but watch. It''s like, your car is stalled on the tracks and you''re frozen in the drivers seat.

I don''t know if there is any truth to this, but Nate says none of them actually "live" in Atlanta. I don''t know enough about Atlanta to know, but when they were flashing pictures of the homes that the "housewives" live in he was like, "None of those places are in Atlanta." He''s from Atlanta and I all I know about Atlanta is where I go when we visit his family. And keeping that in mind, where his folks live - I think it''s like the historical district, I don''t know, I''ll have to ask. But I know they live close to Lenox Square and Philips Plaza.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 8:46:37 PM
Author: *Danielle*
It probably is him. It makes sense. Especially since his current wife has the same manish look.
HAHAHAHA!!!
snicker.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 1:11:20 PM
Author: pennquaker09
I never watched the New York season, but I did watch some of the Orange County season and I don''t think they are any better. Like the one in the OC that married the guy just so she''d be rich again. I mean come on, really? Are you that insecure.

Now the Atlanta girls are like a oncoming train wreck that I just cannot help but watch. It''s like, your car is stalled on the tracks and you''re frozen in the drivers seat.

I don''t know if there is any truth to this, but Nate says none of them actually ''live'' in Atlanta. I don''t know enough about Atlanta to know, but when they were flashing pictures of the homes that the ''housewives'' live in he was like, ''None of those places are in Atlanta.'' He''s from Atlanta and I all I know about Atlanta is where I go when we visit his family. And keeping that in mind, where his folks live - I think it''s like the historical district, I don''t know, I''ll have to ask. But I know they live close to Lenox Square and Philips Plaza.
I actually think the OC women are more dysfuncational truth be told. While Atlanta is a train wreck...and NY is a cat fight....the OC are a bunch of cougars who hate their husbands, and try to constantly one up each other.

Like Vicky (oy vey) she rails on her poor husband constantly...and gets trashed all the time and flirts like shes 21.

Laurie, is so f''d up IMO. She ruined her kids...her son the drug addict, who lives with her new husbands ex wife...wtf?

and so on....they pretend to be so pulled together, but truth be told, they are undercover train wrecks.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Laurie''s story is really sad. Her son, Josh, was convicted of possession and is currently in jail. And it was his mom that busted him. She is a total piece of work and I''m sure she just married George to regain money. I''ve seen her around town a few times and I always steer clear! My FI''s company does service work in houses and she has been so terrible to their techs that they refuse to go back to any house she owns.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 1:02:33 PM
Really?!?!? Anderson Cooper?? I know you have a source you want to post about that, right?
Here is kind of a summary of the "situation" to date.
3.gif
(& thx! TG makes a mean avatar!!!)

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, you guys are TOO funny! I will admit that I somewhat love watching all of the ''Housewife'' shows - I do realize its disgusting, the ladies are fake, and do not represent ''Real'' ANYTHING, but dear god its entertaining!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco that picture is SO photoshopped! I agree there is something appealing about Nene. I thought it was really touching that she talked about her past abuse and how she wants to help women who are the the same situation (she even made a joke about how outspoken she is NOW and how people wouldn''t believe she was abused). Anyways...what happened between her and Kim? I missed that one! And that Fashion show w/o the fashion...LAME! Out of all the series hardly anyone comes off well (maybe betheny from NYC b/c she was awesome IMHO) so why or why?!? Guess they like being "celebs"? *sigh*

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 4:23:59 PM
Deco that picture is SO photoshopped!
It''s an illustration of the "story" -- not a paparazzi photo! Anderson spoke about her on the Ellen show and then Nene responded to the press asking if he wanted any "brown sugar". Its just a silly story mostly revealing that Anderson likes him some trashy tv (considering he''s pals with Kathy Griffin & has a wicked sense of humor it shouldn''t really surprise)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 5:33:14 PM
Date: 11/13/2008 4:23:59 PM

Deco that picture is SO photoshopped!

It''s an illustration of the ''story'' -- not a paparazzi photo! Anderson spoke about her on the Ellen show and then Nene responded to the press asking if he wanted any ''brown sugar''. Its just a silly story mostly revealing that Anderson likes him some trashy tv (considering he''s pals with Kathy Griffin & has a wicked sense of humor it shouldn''t really surprise)

Yet another reason to love Andy! He''s got it all: piercing blue eyes, silver fox hair, friendship with Kathy Griffin AND a Nene fan!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Anderson too! Deco...okay! Glad they weren''t trying to pass that off. Haha!

Speaking of the OC ladies, Laurie had some HILARIOUS quotes. I can''t remember what they were now, but they had to do with politics-- anyone remember?? I do remember she was wearing a kelly green shirt while saying this stuff. They were things people would say if they were dumb as a rock...
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results