shape
carat
color
clarity

"Real" Housewives of Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Has anybody seen this show? I just saw it tonight and I was really disturbed by it. I''ve lived in Atlanta all my life and while i''ve seen a couple people like this, they are NOT what I would consider "normal". Atlanta is becoming filled with these new money families, and they are the trashiest people with absolutely no class. I suppose anyone worth watching would never be caught dead in a show like this. I just really hope that people don''t think that this is the way we all act!

I agree. That show is so annoying! Are they really friends?? Blah. I''ve seen the previews for the show, and an episode or two-- and money seems to be the only thing on SOME of their minds.

Is it just me or does one of them look like a man in a long wig?!
5.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i had never seen that show until a few days ago. i was spanning the dial and came upon it. i agree with you that it is very ridiculous. i think people play to the audience on those types of shows. the episode i caught was nothing but catty fighting. i personally did not take it seriously. i do not think that most folks from atlanta act in this way. i also think the other shows that showcase personal lives also are the extremes and probably mostly playing to the audience.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry, I don''t think people extrapolate to ALL Atlantans based on the behavior of a few extravagant people. It is a pretty sad show though. I''m on bedrest and bored out of my mind and can''t even watch that one.
3.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t stand any of them and it''s sad because I don''t even know them.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
It is the same way as the Real Housewives of Orange County. All of us, their neighbors, just roll our eyes at them. I don''t think anyone takes it seriously!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I believe the man in the wig you''re refering to is Kim---the blonde.

Kim also claims to be 29 years old, dating a rich celebrity whom she calls "Big Poppa", and is an aspiring country singer.

She recently misspelt "cat" on an episode, according to Kim it is spelt "KAT". She was annoyed with her vocal coach on the same episode when the coach insisted Kim learn how to sing in key before recording her breakout album with big name producer, Dallas. Kim justified her frustration by claiming she doesn''t need to know about music because she''s a "singer".

She disgusts me.

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 10:07:39 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I believe the man in the wig you're refering to is Kim---the blonde.

Kim also claims to be 29 years old, dating a rich celebrity whom she calls 'Big Poppa', and is an aspiring country singer.

She recently misspelt 'cat' on an episode, according to Kim it is spelt 'KAT'. She was annoyed with her vocal coach on the same episode when the coach insisted Kim learn how to sing in key before recording her breakout album with big name producer, Dallas. Kim justified her frustration by claiming she doesn't need to know about music because she's a 'singer'.

She disgusts me.
Her singing made me cringe like you wouldn't believe
40.gif

I would have to say that she definitely has more than "a crack in the foundation," and I don't know if any amount of vocal training would help her.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 10:03:17 AM
Author: EricaR
It is the same way as the Real Housewives of Orange County. All of us, their neighbors, just roll our eyes at them. I don''t think anyone takes it seriously!

At least they were mildly entertaining when drunk.
2.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen it and have to say those women (?) take the cake. The blond, Kim, what''s the deal with her
fake hair? And the question is who is Big Pappa! Who would put up with her!!
This show is proof, money cannot buy class. The only "Housewife" who is somewhat normal
is Lisa. She''s not as showy and out there like the rest.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen this show a couple times before, as well as the other "Real Housewives" show (the Orange County one). OMG. Its only entertainment value is the fact that it's like a train wreck . . . you don't want to watch, but you can't look away! And I saw the episode where Kim the Man with Fake Hair misspelled "cat." I thought I was going to puke.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watch it, which I almost can''t believe because I really didn''t want to start, but I caught an episode one weekend and was hooked. I find it entertaining, in an oh-my-goodness-how-ridiculous sort of way.

I think Lisa seems the nicest/most normal. I like that she and her hubby do things together and support one another.

Kim (I think, is the blond woman) is super-disturbing. I feel sorry for her daughter -- the poor girl seems like she wants to be a normal girl, and her mother won''t let her. The birthday party was very sad. Her mother kept telling her that she wasn''t happy enough, and the poor girl seemed so overwhelmed by it all.

I would never think that this show represents normal life in Atlanta.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
The levels of extravagance are unbelievable to me. Complete and utter waste...turns me off.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I like Lisa and DeShawn seems nicer than the others. I can''t believe people like NeNe and Kim exist in the world. I just saw the episode where NeNe finds out her "dad" is not her dad apparently there are several candidates for the spot.
20.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen one episode and thats all I could take. I actually liked the New York series but this one made me cringe. Everyone was just ridiculous!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
oobie - I didn''t even make it through the one episode

I will admit I watched the real housewives of the OC mainly because I actually enjoyed Laguna Beach and do enjoy the Hills..... but this one is just.... bleh... they are so tacky and trashy and petty.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I like the basketball players wife with the foundation for young girls...she seems sweet, and genuine. Yes, she has money...and spends it...but, hey, thats the point of having money. At least she has turned around and done positive things for the community.

In the beginning the football players wife is to "go go go" for my taste. It's like she has ADHD and takes shots of caffine, she was like bouncing off the freakin walls. But in the latest episodes she seems to have mellowed and relaxed with her position and the cameras.

NeNe needs h.e.l.p stat. The paternity thing doesn't bother me, because thats not her fault...but she's so "loud" and in your face with her "BAM" personality. Nuts.

And that other one...Sheraee...I think she used to be a he, for real. And she's always talking about how amazing she is, and successful she is, and how pulled together her life is. Ummm...okay. She looks like she's taking steroids, no joking.

And Kim...oh Kim, Kim, Kim. She has my little pony hair...like a life sized Barbie. I love how she cocks her head to side when she talks like she's "schooling you" or talking down to you...meanwhile she's a drunk who seemingly passed out for a good 10 years of her life--because in her alkie mind, she's 29. Yeah, in what world? She is total trash.

ETA: I do not think these woman are friends in real life, except maybe Kim and NeNe (before the fall out)...I think they are cast in their roles and then introduced. Because once, when Kim and Sheree were out having lunch, the basketball players wife called and Kim was like "I don't know this number???"....what friends do you constantly hang out with whose phone numbers you don't have??

BTW, NYC wives were even worse...they were horrible
14.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 1:52:03 PM
Author: oobiecoo
I''ve seen one episode and thats all I could take. I actually liked the New York series but this one made me cringe. Everyone was just ridiculous!
I caught a few of the NYC episodes, those were so much better than the Atlanta women.
I wonder if many professional athletes wives are cringing when they see the disgusting
display of wealth and trashy behavior? Which wife needed a Household Mgr.? GeeWiz!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t get me wrong... there are people like that in Atlanta, although in truth they live on the far outskirts of the city so Atlanta is streaching it. You only have to go to Lenox mall to see them.
38.gif
I do find it funny that they say that all of the Atlanta elite knows them and comes to their parties. I happened to go to a school for the wealthy elite (not me, btw, I was just smart) and none of them acted this way. It made me sad when I read on Bravo''s website that some people believed that all Atlanta''s elite were like this. A very sad day for this city if that were true.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I will admit though that it is like a train wreck and if I stumble upon it I just cannot turn away.
38.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I am so addicted to this show! They are all so ridiculous, its wildly entertaining. I REALLY hope they are all exaggerating their behavior for TV.

Kim is so TACKY & TRASHY!!!!! Did you see when she was in her car drinking a glass of wine, smoking a cigarette, listening to her song? Now that''s what I call classy with a K
3.gif
Oh, and her voice???!!! Seriously, when she started singing, even my husband looked up from his magazine and said, "Wow, she sounds awful!"

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t like this show. I was excited to see some ladies doing it up Southern style, which I imagined to be big, charming, and dripping with class.
Boy, was I wrong.

Don''t worry redfaery--these women definitely didn''t alter my perception of Atlanta. I just feel badly for them, they''re ridiculous.

I watched the Orange County and New York shows during weekend marathons and found both of them very entertaining. Atlanta, though, I just can''t stomach them.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 5:57:59 PM
Author: Haven
I don''t like this show. I was excited to see some ladies doing it up Southern style, which I imagined to be big, charming, and dripping with class.
Boy, was I wrong.

Don''t worry redfaery--these women definitely didn''t alter my perception of Atlanta. I just feel badly for them, they''re ridiculous.

I watched the Orange County and New York shows during weekend marathons and found both of them very entertaining. Atlanta, though, I just can''t stomach them.
I agree, plus I wouldn''t want to know women like this. My SIL lives in Savannah and that is how I actually imagine people in the south and also like Paula Deen.
2.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE Paula Deen! She''s fantastic!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I think Kim is an idiot. How can she actually think she sounds good? I liked the clip they showed from a future episode where her vocal coach was telling her she has now idea what she is doing. HAHA! Also, the ciggies are disgusting. I feel bad for her kids.

I wasn''t pointing out the paternity issue to downgrade Nene, rather that to point out that she is making it into a public spectacle. Who in their right mind would WANT the whole world to know that kind of information?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 5:57:59 PM
Author: Haven
I don't like this show. I was excited to see some ladies doing it up Southern style, which I imagined to be big, charming, and dripping with class.
Boy, was I wrong.

Don't worry redfaery--these women definitely didn't alter my perception of Atlanta. I just feel badly for them, they're ridiculous.

I watched the Orange County and New York shows during weekend marathons and found both of them very entertaining. Atlanta, though, I just can't stomach them.
Ditto. Now the OC and NYC episodes I enjoyed. I could stomach them, some more than other's. But this bunch?? No thanks.
Kim has to be tone deaf....
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s different about this season than the others is that all these ladies seem to think their $$ + lavish spending = success & that somehow it will translate into instant "success" in every area of vague interest to them.

Examples:

DESHAWN thinking that a single three-hour meeting with a decorator gives her the ability to take full credit for "designing & building" her dream house. And that a full house staff including a governess and a nanny = "being a single parent most of the time.

SHEREE thinking that being able to hire stylists to pick her clothes so that she then looks cute when she goes out sometimes = the ability to be a CLOTHING DESIGNER. She didn''t even do the sketches herself, much less go to a fabric store or pick up a needle. Who cares! She has a kick*** logo and ice sculptures & body painted male models cast in a hands-on casting call. Who needs actual FASHIONS or aptitude or "a clue" ... just sashay through your party in someone else''s 1K dress & never let ''em see you sweat. (SERIOUSLY, she has plenty of time & $$ .. why not TAKE A FREAKIN CLASS??) Short cuts short cuts ...

KIM thinking dressing in hoochie clothes and knowing a guy who knows a guy who knows Dallas Austin makes her a "country singer". Cutting an album? You wouldn''t make the "bad" audition cut at American Idol, TrashyTrannie!

They all just go around saying these crazy catch phrases and bald-face braggy fabrications and telling each other how fabbbulUS they look & hiring timid little mice to lecture & gaze upon sternly with laughably vague declarations like: "Everything must be perfect!" or "Keep out the riff raff".

De. Lu. Sion. Al.
32.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 5:24:15 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
OMG, I am so addicted to this show! They are all so ridiculous, its wildly entertaining. I REALLY hope they are all exaggerating their behavior for TV.

Kim is so TACKY & TRASHY!!!!! Did you see when she was in her car drinking a glass of wine, smoking a cigarette, listening to her song? Now that''s what I call classy with a K
3.gif
Oh, and her voice???!!! Seriously, when she started singing, even my husband looked up from his magazine and said, ''Wow, she sounds awful!''

I totally agree, when I saw that I was just like what is going on why is she drinking in her car in the middle of that afternoon???? I hope the producers stopped her from drinking and driving
38.gif

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
I have to admit I'm curious who Big Poppa is. Apparently he's a celebrity. And there's NO WAY Kim is 29!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results