shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant People!!! Let''s talk about them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Firstly... Let me say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE RADIANTS!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Ok, so I posted in the LIW forum (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bad-day-so-i-went-to-the-jewelry-store.70918/) about a gigantic Radiant I had tried on last week... Well, that got me thinking about about what one really should look for in a Radiant. I look and look for info and what I really get from all the knowledgable posts here on PS is that each one needs to be judged on it''s own.
Would it be fair to say that color is more important in this cut than clarity is bc the cut can hide a lot of flaws?

Please tell me what you know! This is going to get forwarded to the BF when we''ve gathered all the good stuff!!!

Thanx!!!

Freakazoid

Rough_Rock
Honestly I think with radiants (as long as eye-clean), that clarity and colorreally don''t matter as much as most people think it does. It''s ALL about the cut imo. I''ve seen I''s,J''s and K''s,that barely gave off much if any yellow, simply because of the sparkle and cut. On the other hand, I''ve seen G''s/H''s, where I''ve very much noticed the hue, but that''s more at malls and whatnot, where the cuts aren''t that great. Imo, with radiants, cut is the ONLY thing that really matters :D.

Assuming eye clean and whatnot obviously :D

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I think with radiants (as long as eye-clean), that clarity and colorreally don''t matter as much as most people think it does. It''s ALL about the cut imo. I''ve seen I''s,J''s and K''s,that barely gave off much if any yellow, simply because of the sparkle and cut. On the other hand, I''ve seen G''s/H''s, where I''ve very much noticed the hue, but that''s more at malls and whatnot, where the cuts aren''t that great. Imo, with radiants, cut is the ONLY thing that really matters :D.

That''s absolutely right! A well cut radiant can hold its own against any round brilliant any time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Weeellll, what do you want to talk about? I love mine for a hundred reasons and it is a mad sparkler. Anything else? heheheheheeeee
9.gif

But I must depart from the above posters--in that I can see body color in my H radiant: it isn''t overwhleming or bothersome, but observeable in certain lighting. (and especially if I wear my asscher eternity ring next to it!!)....

cheers--Sharon

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I want to talk all about them!!!! LOL

This is the reason why.... it just seems that everyone really has their own opinion on Radiants.

Freakazoid: Thanks for your input! I guess I never thought about the cut quality as the most important thing. But, now that you have said it, it makes perfect sense. It explains why some J''s are better than others... And def eye clean. That is my first requirement!!

Madam: I love that you saw a Radaint can hold its own againt a RB. My sis has a Rb and just loves it, but for me it is a little too traditional. I tied to explain to her that a Radiant has more facets than a RB, and she didn''t get it. From what I read they invented the radiant based off a RB but made it squareish...

Canuk-Gal: Interesting that you see color in your H. I was thinking of not going lower than a G... I need to do some looking at colors and see if I like the warmer shades... I''m also not sure about fluorescence. Do you favor it in Radiants?

I know there are more Radaint Lovers out there!!! Chime in! This is going to end up with the BF so he doesn''t make a bad purchase, and then I''ll have something to show you!!!
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
As others have said, cut is key and the most important. A well cut stone of any shape will sparkle more and appear whiter. However, in comparing radiants to rounds I really do believe that they show more color. I personally probably wouldn''t go below an H even though I would go down to a J in a round. Inclusions are harder to spot in brilliant cuts relative to step cuts, but in general clarity should be evaluated on a case by case basis when you get below VS2. Some SI2''s are eye clean and many aren''t.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Have you read this site?

http://www.radiantcut.com/OriginalRadiant.aspx

Also, Gem Appraisers (Dave Atlas) has some cut charts for fancies that you can look at for "cut" classes and a shape selector tool that give you proportion/perspective (cool....)

ETA: do a search here on radiants and read to your hearts content!!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Freakazoid

Rough_Rock
See I would agree/disagree with the radiants showing more color. I believe potentially they can show a LOT more color, and I also believe alot of them show color more noticeably. I had heard that piece of info when I started looking as well. But every now and then I''d come across some low colors that had almost no hue to my eye, very minor at best. There was no rhyme or reason to it though, seems to be the cut,combined with the luck of the draw. Some radiants have high brilliance, but low fire, some have the opposite, and some have both. Don''t give up on low colors just yet! that would be my recommendation :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results