shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant I am receiving for inspection! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
$25 and a few extra bucks for overnight shipping will settle it for you how it really looks under the ideal-scope.

This thread brings out my biggest problem with it which Garry is working on and thats inconsistant results from different vendors/appraisers on the same stone.
Frankly untill it becomes a all in one system like the firescope/b-scope and what not its going to be an issue.
There will always be differences in the camera lense lighting and setup otherwise.

Right now its more useffull for comparing stones from the same vendor and the best use of it is doing so.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rich Sir John has done some good sketches.

We tried the upside down method with the glass sheet early on in our experimentation. We decided not to use it for a few reasons.

The Perspex tray system that we made as part of the rapid capture system, when used sitting right on top of a on a well difused back light, gives the best and most consistent result we have seen to date.
We sell the tray for $100 which is not a lot considering the hundreds or thousands of development hours we put into it.

Originally I wanted to supply light from all directions - 360 degrees evenly weighted to the pavilion. We subsequently decided to change to a perspex tray because it reduces the light coming from the side to the pavilion. For those who understand the GIA Cosine Hemispheric WLR approach - the tray is something like an approximation of that- but for the pavilion of course. I decided to do this because many diamonds are set so that a little illumination falls on the pavilion in various types of settings. A typical really nice stone has around 15% leakage inside the table region - that light goes to, or comes from sources near paralel to the girdle / table plane.

I made this decison after learning from Sergey that our perception of leakage that we percieve with an ideal-scope / red reflector method greatly exaggerates the actual leakage from a diamond. This discovery also led Sergey to remove the leakage Cut Quality calculator from DiamCalc.

Rich are you using a microscope lighting source? Would you like to photograph your set up and email it to me or post it here?
After the silly season is OK
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Who gives a ratts'' arse how it looks under the ideal scope! LOL... SURE looks great to me! Job well done. Only your own eyes can measure beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
MMM,

You go girl!! I couldn''t agree more!!!!
36.gif

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
I love how the girls go with the eyes and the guys go with the data! lol...just kidding. :)

Here is another pic...I ordered the beginner IS today for tomorrow deliver btw. For use for this stone and others...may come in handy.

pic 017.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it will be fun to know what you see under the IS!!

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
hi guys,
trying to view stone through my IS, but I only have those manicurist like tweezers...I''m scared to hold the stone in those...is it safe to try?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone!
(Actually, I was a numbers gal...still am to a certain extent. If a stone has horrible numbers, chances are, it's a bad stone. When it looks like it could be good based on #s, analysis, etc, I trust my eyes. But I do admit that I didn't need anything to tell me my stone is awesome, no matter what any experts say ! I'M the expert when it comes to deciding what my eyes like...and I like your stone :)
p.s. Thanks Ice!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It intrests me that people can think that a normal type photo can demonstrate a diamonds cut quality.

I would like to see a well cut round brilliant sitting right beside a fancy shape as a standard to tell me more about the lighting etc.
I suspect that a RB would show up over-exposed?

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
I''ve messed around with my idealscope, but it''s a challenge getting the stone into my girlfriend''s manicure tweezers :)

From what I have seen under the scope, I can''t tell if it''s accurate or just me messing up the process.

As for the stone, I am very happy with it. I think it does well when stacked up with the 20 or so radiants I''ve seen in person. I suppose the next step is looking for a setting...I think I''ll involve my girlfriend in this process. She likes the x-prong, but l want to make sure she still likes that...who knows.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Just have to say that this radiant looks amazing...that perfect crushed ice affect that is "ideal" in this cut.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results