shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant I am receiving for inspection! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
As you may know, I''m searching for that ONE radiant for my well-deserving gf...here is the one I''m getting sent to me for inspection...let me know what you think....there is another post with some info on it, but I wanted to collect everything on this post...thanks...

Pic:

DI40X_GIA13674073_2.jpg

chris143007

Shiny_Rock

Attachments

• F VVS2 radiant_cert with sarin.pdf
    62.1 KB · Views: 37

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Magnified pic I believe...will receive IS image today....! :)

Radiant1ctFVVS2_2.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It really does look fantastic to me! What makes it a "1B" not that it matters at all. I was just curious. It is a great looking stone!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
..........looks great! can''t wait to see the is image!!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Chris,

It looks like a beauty! I take it this is the 'no bowtie' Radiant!! When do you get to see it in person?
9.gif

This one looks a lot like my shaped Radiant also! Mine is 1 to 1.15 I believe this one was 1 to 1.19?

I am excited for you!!!
36.gif

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

I don''t know quite what makes it a 1b...I know not to trust rads by the numbers alone. the only thing that is not 1A is the crown height at 9.2, grades at 2b.

Ice,
Yes, I like the shape too...would you say that this qualified as squareish-rectangular?

I get it this week, will post pics of stone for your approval guys!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 5:33:17 PM
Author: chris143007
Hi guys,

I don''t know quite what makes it a 1b...I know not to trust rads by the numbers alone. the only thing that is not 1A is the crown height at 9.2, grades at 2b.

Ice,
Yes, I like the shape too...would you say that this qualified as squareish-rectangular?

I get it this week, will post pics of stone for your approval guys!
Yes Chris, definitely squarish-rectangular!LOL!!! Good description!

Can''t wait to see it!!
9.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
What I stunning stone
30.gif

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
hi again,

do you think there are any reasons to be concerned with that crown height? I was just reading the other post about emerald cuts and they were discussing crowns....

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Usually people like higher crown heights, since they are responsible for a stone''s fire (rainbow sparkles). This crown height is not the best, but it''s not the worst either. It is what it is, and if the depth is cut to compliment the crown angle, then you have a magical effect. If not, the stone may lack fire, but that''s not the worst thing in the world. A radiant can not really be measured on it''s numbers.

I saw some generic radiants with deeper pavillions that were as fiery as ANYTHING, and then I saw some with deep pavillions that looked dead. it all depends on the COMBINATIOn of the angles and how they compliment each other. This stone seems lovely. I say look at it before you buy, and you should be golden! Good luck!

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Ice,

That description comes from my gf! :) "Babe, see if you can get a rectangular one...(I search for months)...."Babe, I would gladly accept a square.....ish rectangular one" LOL....

Nic,
Good to see you again, you have been helping me throughout the search....

I hope the crown does not have an adverse effect on this stone...I am dealing with a VERY reputable vendor online and they are getting me the IS, then I will have it sent to me for inspection...When I do receive it, do I basically just look at the thing and decide if it''s sparkly enough for me?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
It IS entirely possible to over analyze a stone to death. This one seems to be a winner, no matter what. But that is really your eye''s decision. Compariosn of diamonds for years over many thousands may be able to help you choose the PERFECT stone, but frankly is it that essential? It should be pleasing to the eye, have good symmetry, good polish, a nice size, and cost about what you are willing to pay. A slight crown angle here and there will not a dog make.

Always be aware of things in the extreme, but within a good range, as you already have sought, you are bound to find true winners, and after that narrowing down, you just need to see which combination of crown and pav you like the best, IF your eyes are even keen eough to tell such slight differences!!!

Relax, i am sure this stone is breath taking!

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
us, PS members, overanalyze a stone?! No way!! lol...

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys...we may be coming to the culmination of my stone search if this IS image is up to par...I need all our resident experts to chime in and tell me what they think....thanks guys!! :) Attached please find the IS image for this stone...

IS_GIA1367473.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
That''s really gorgeous! Go for it!

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input Hest! You''ve always been here to help me along...

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Chris! That seems to be a particularly nice IS image!! Still looking good! When do see the stone in person???
9.gif

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ice,

Well, it''s like email tag with the vendor and I, but I have everythiing in hand already (gia cert, sarin, is image, pics). So I''ll call the vendor tomorrow to ship it to me...From that point, what''s my next step? Take it to be appraised?

Does that IS image look good? I''ve been reading like mad about IS images, etc....hopefully this part of the journey is almost over! :)

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
waiting on sarin...but I think it''s a good pick!

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
This is the Sarin the vendor emailed me today...the other sarin I posted earlier is for the same stone....What can we gather from this sarin report?? Thanks

SARIN_GIA13674073.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He , he
9.gif
I am waiting to see the ring here !!!

Once the looks and size are there, what could numbers say more ?

34.gif
The Sarin adds a bit of info on girdle thickness: it wasn't possible to know that "thin" means the average between 0.6% and over 3%. This is not unusual for squares (or any shape with corners), and given that the symmetry and brilliance are obviously not impared by anything, whatever the girdle looks like can only be fine, IMO. That 0.6% doesn't seem to be a problem for rounds, so no problem here either.
Just splitting hairs here !

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
hi valeria,

you''re up too? :)

I receive stone on Tuesday! For inspection, at which point I will send to appraiser. I have yet to find an appraiser around here...wondering if I should send it to someone that posts here on PS, but I won''t be able to be there in person if I do that....advice?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2004 38:30 AM
Author: chris143007
hi valeria,

you''re up too? :)

I receive stone on Tuesday! For inspection, at which point I will send to appraiser. I have yet to find an appraiser around here...wondering if I should send it to someone that posts here on PS, but I won''t be able to be there in person if I do that....advice?
10:24 AM. GMT+2
2.gif

There''s just lots of shipping involved if you see it, then the appraiser, than back again... But why not ? You will find PS evidence of appraisal being handled both ways.
Besides, if you do like it on top of all the evidence at hand you could always have the finished ring appraised for insurance, I would think.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Ok, here we go guys!....I authorized shipment of stone to Richard Sherwood at SGL for appraisal/analysis...arrives to him tomorrow and then there is a 5 day turnaround...

Here is my next question...with the data we have seen on this thread (sarin, pics, etc) and with Rich''s expert opinion, is there still a need for me to see the stone in person?

I think I''m leaning toward having Rich send it to me so I can take a day to look it over. That would put me at @ day 6-7 and I have 10 days to return stone if not satisfied....

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am sure you are going to be amazed with the stone, but i guess it probably couldn''t hurt to look it over............

moosewendy

Rough_Rock
With a fancy shape there is always a reason to see it in person.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OH LORD YES!!!! Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results