shape
carat
color
clarity

Quicky e-ring -- to later ear ring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so I may need a "qucikie" e-ring within the next week.

The one that was being planned is currently out of budget due to an unexpected $5000 expense, and would take weeks to build the custom ring (and I don''t want to break up my matched set of side stones).

However, discussions with "D" indicate that she is open to the idea of a simple small ring now (if she is willing to accept the ring ... close I hope) and upgrade to our planned 3 stone ring later.

My thoughs were to get perhaps a J SI1 set in a simple gold tiffiny style setting (3/8 - 1/2 carat), and plan on using this stone later perhaps as an earing, or pendant.

Would a J color be too yellow for a future earing? Is 3/8 to 1/2 carat''s OK for earrings (I have never paid much attention).

Thoughts?

Perry

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure about the color, and others will chime in here. However my earrings aer 1.16tcw. And they look just fine in my ears. Or at least I think so! Seriously is she going to want to upgrade later? If she wont mind then I say go for it.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I take it back, dont get her anything.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I got 0.32 I SI1''s for earrings. And a 1.22 K SI1 for an E-ring, which I love, and which looks plenty white to me! If the stone is well cut, I think a J SI1 in your proposed size would make a really nice earring later on. I think my 0.32''s look a nice size on my earlobes... And earrings don''t get as much scrutiny anyhow, so I think having lower colour there is probably less important.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I think a J would be perfectly fine for an earring (as mentioned, they are not scrutinized as much), and I personally think that just under a half carat per ear is the perfect everyday size for diamond earrings, blingy yet tasteful and wearable with anything.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think the concept is fine but in this instance ought to be passed on.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or... you could go with a seller that provides upgrades so this stone could be readily exchnaged for the final one. If the shop can make the rings (this, and the future one using your sidestones) all for the better.

Earrings are great too, of course
2.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora

Why do you say he should get her nothing?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for you comment so far.

Matatora: I will not get her a ring until she is readyl; but, that may be in the next week or so (Matarora is commenting after reading a post in "are we ready").

Ana: I''m not going to worry about upgrades. My concept behind the 3 stone ring is sufficiently specialized that the missing center stone is rare. Possible center stones pop up now and again (1 about every 3 months) amoung the various vendors (Target stone: G +/- VS1 +/- with MB Fluoresence).

So either I play a waiting game, or I have one cut. Also $$$$

The setting is custom and will also take weeks and $$$$.

All currently out of my budget.

But, even if in my budget - I would not be surprised if it took 6-8 weeks to build.

I feel that there should be some ring in the meantime.

Perry

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think if a lady says she is not ready then it is wisest to hold off. JMO The latest thread about perry and his lady can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results