shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick question . . . if you were me . . .?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 6:29:08 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 8/19/2009 6:11:00 PM
Author: mochi

Date: 8/19/2009 5:46:50 PM

Date: 8/19/2009 5:45:27 PM
Author: mochi
I love your asschers!! IMHO, I think you need a wonderful bright candy pink (I've asked Gene to cut one for me if he can) and/or a nice sparkly zircon blue... I would love one myself!!
36.gif
36.gif

Chrysoberyl is very nice, I love mine!
Thanks for chiming in Mochi.
9.gif

In your opinion, who do you think cuts the best Asschers? I know you have an assortment of them, too, and a collection I'd trade you for in a heartbeat!!!!!
9.gif
LOL!! You have the largest asscher collection that I know of!!

I don't really have a favorite cutter of asschers, I think they are special in their own way (hows that for diplomacy??
emwink.gif
). I love Gary's asschers because they look like a flower with it's step cuts, but cut is very deep. I love Gene's asschers because they seem to be the easiest to work with when it comes to setting it into a ring. I only have one of Peter's (the amethyst) and he also does a marvelous job. Need to really get one from Barry. I asked him to cut one from a blue topaz for me but he hasn't been able to get his hand on a nice rough.
40.gif

But, like you, I'm so addicted to this particular cut eventhough it does face smaller than the weight.
Mochi, lol @ your diplomacy. I understand, though. They all have different styles. Looks like I need to get in line for a Barry and a Gene.
2.gif

You know what's funny? I just went back and read through the first 10 or so pages of posts that I ever made on Pricescope, and I kid you not, I posted the word 'asscher' about 11ty billion times! Glad to see that over 5 years later, I'm still a bit obsessed.
9.gif
11.gif
Asscher's are so fun to be obsessed about, though, isn't it??? Gene does a phenominal job with asschers, he did my chyrsoberyl and my zircon. The zircon shines like a yellow diamond, very lovely. He maybe cutting one for me in the future (light purple/lavender).

Barry(ETA the right name) did a few asscher a few months ago, then stopped. I hope he didn't get tired of it! LOL!! I would love to get a toumaline asscher.,,,here I go rambling on about our favorite subject!!
9.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LTP, from the title of the thread, I thought it was some complete the sentence thing. I was going to say, if I were you, I will be very pleased with my asscher collection !
9.gif

S
eriously, that spess asscher will look good. For me, I like neony colours and clean stones for an asscher and it looks like that''s what you''ve got in the spess asscher you posted.

An example of my ideal stone will be redfaerythinker''s asscher - a beautiful shape in a neony colour on a clean stone!

NigerianParaibaAsscher.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 6:43:19 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Hi LTP, from the title of the thread, I thought it was some complete the sentence thing. I was going to say, if I were you, I will be very pleased with my asscher collection !
9.gif

S
eriously, that spess asscher will look good. For me, I like neony colours and clean stones for an asscher and it looks like that''s what you''ve got in the spess asscher you posted.

An example of my ideal stone will be redfaerythinker''s asscher - a beautiful shape in a neony colour on a clean stone!
GASP! That''s beautiful!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mochi - I did notice that Barry''s not posting too many asschers lately, but I do wonder if it''s because he has a lot of behind the scenes demand? You know?

Simplysplendid - I actually am in love with that particular asscher. I''ve sent that picture to Gene and asked if he had any more appropriate rough. I never got a response, but man, would I love that exact stone.
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 7:14:06 PM

Simplysplendid - I actually am in love with that particular asscher. I''ve sent that picture to Gene and asked if he had any more appropriate rough. I never got a response, but man, would I love that exact stone.
30.gif

Write him again! He is usually great about replying. I think your collection could also use a little pink action
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 3:52:42 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I think you need a blue. Something darker than the aqua and more of a pure blue.

I love your asschers.

Yes yes, I agree!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 7:54:03 PM
Author: icekid

30.gif

Write him again! He is usually great about replying. I think your collection could also use a little pink action
9.gif
*cough*>

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Mochi - I did notice that Barry''s not posting too many asschers lately, but I do wonder if it''s because he has a lot of behind the scenes demand? You know?

30.gif

He probably has so many people wanting special stones cut by him, I''m surprised that he posts any new ones. I guess for this month he''s doing the sales but he said that he is cutting and will be posting next month..WOOHOO!! He also mentioned that he didn''t have to have surgery on his shoulder, just an injection, I''m so glad for him!
36.gif
36.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock

30.gif
Me too, that is one gorgeous combination and makes me go "ah......".

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

S

I think a stone like redfairy''s would be the perfect addition to your collection LTP!
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak''s JW asscher. Saw it in person. Tried to run off with it repeatedly (she kept catching me).

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I helped my mom pick out a Barry asscher in amethyst a couple of months ago - I''ll have to drag a few pics out for you ladies when I''m back home this evening!
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Icekid - I will write him again. I looked back through my email last night, and I think he responded, just that he didn''t have any more of the rough appropriate to cut an Asscher, and I let the email string die.

Packrat - thanks for enabling!
9.gif

Brandy - I adore that stone. I''ve been the big green eyed monster for it since I saw it.
11.gif

Gypsy - The JW asscher was the culmination of my stalking of Neatfreak''s thread about her asscher. I love that ring!

Allison - Yes, please! I''ll gladly view some Barry asscher amethyst pics!
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

S

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Does Redfaery have a thread for this beauty?

Lauren, that color is to die for - if you''re going for it I hope you can find the rough for it. I want to see pics!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey - you''re terrible! Just terrible!!!!
2.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Chrono - I''m seriously IN LOVE!!!!!!!!! That is the perfect ring. If you''d ever be interested in working out temporary trade . . . I''m in!
31.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve no clue how you''re going to choose..there''s so many wonderful colors!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my YUMMINESS!
3.gif
I love all these Lauren; you have a gorgeous gorgeous collection!!! Love them all
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2009 11:41:30 AM
Gailey - you''re terrible! Just terrible!!!!
2.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Chrono - I''m seriously IN LOVE!!!!!!!!! That is the perfect ring. If you''d ever be interested in working out temporary trade . . . I''m in!
31.gif
Awww..thanks Lauren. Maybe when your spessartite gets here.
9.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 5:01:40 PM

Allison - Yes, please! I'll gladly view some Barry asscher amethyst pics! .
9.gif
This isn't my stone; my mom purchased it with some guidance from me. Her criteria was she wanted a stone that was substantial in size and was royal purple.

Steps hold a significant meaning in my mom's life, so having a step cut stone was a great way to really symbolize that. This is a pretty massive stone at 10mm, and she has size 5 fingers! LOL

It's a good thing I really love her because if I didn't, I'd be definitely trying to poach this from her! hehehehe

We're still working on finding the right setting for it, but it's a gorgeous stone. It flashes quite a bit of blue and even pinkish, too.

Amethyst Asscher collage.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I would go for a pink one after seeing Chrono''s stone.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alj, that is one gorgeous amethyst!!!!! Love it!!! I can''t wait to see how your Mom decides to set it, because 10mm on a size 5 finger is just . . . WOW!!!!!

LtlFireCracker - I think pink is the overall concensus. I think I''ll start my search for a pink one, and a teal one.
21.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a YUMMY Asscher collection!! I vote PINK too! What about a pink umbalite garnet or a malaya garnet??
30.gif
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

S
eriously, that spess asscher will look good. For me, I like neony colours and clean stones for an asscher and it looks like that's what you've got in the spess asscher you posted.

An example of my ideal stone will be redfaerythinker's asscher - a beautiful shape in a neony colour on a clean stone!
SS,
You took the words right out of my mouth on that stone. I love it!!

That amethyst is TDF as well
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results