shape
carat
color
clarity

Puppy in Surgery....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for being irate guys! (Pricescope, RocDoc, Kaleigh, Ally, Mrs. S, SweetPea, Mara , LittleLysser, IrishAngel.)
I REALLY needed that. (Really!)
Unfortunately, I can't appeal - just gotta move forward.
FI is an attorney, and represented me - he was pretty much shocked and dumbfounded by what transpired.
The magistrate asked for case law to supercede the leash law, unfortunately district courts don't publish case law so FI couldn't find any.
Small claims is a weird place - avoid it if at all possible!

LittleLysser, where do you practice? And what type of law do you practice? Just curious.

Scintillating...

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still in awe how people can be so ridiculous (the attacking pup''s owners) but I wanted to say how glad I am that Marquis is doing well and recovered. Thanks goodness for that!

35.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I am licensed in Pennsylvania and technically, I guess I''m not practicing anymore.

I worked for two large international firms when I got out of law school and was entirely miserable at both. Disliked one, decieded to try another, and disliked that one too. I wasn''t too keep on the hours, the crazy stress (and I am a worrier by nature...I''d be checking westlaw at 4a.m. when I woke up in a cold sweat worrying about some silly minutia in a case) and the fact that I really felt defined by my job.

About a year and a half ago I started working as a clerk for an appellate judge in Pa. I''m currently employed as his deputy clerk. It is a great gig in terms of the type of work, non-existant stress level, the hours and I really like the people I work with. The only down side...I took a HUGE paycut to do it. Nearly 80K. Sigh. Oh well. Happiness is more important, right??? right???

Anyway...I am just shocked by the magistrate''s decision. That sinks. and I''m sorry!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results