shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Today was an "interesting" day. B didn't sleep well last night, so DH and I didn't sleep well last night, so we were late to church. After church we went to the playground. B was tired and cranky but then got over it and had fun--he can't resist a good slide:). We came home and ate lunch (corn, potato, and squash chowder--this is important to know for later in the story) and then B went down for a nap.

So far so good...

Then at 5 I went in to wake B up. He was just waking up on his own and was happy and cuddly, but his room smelled foul. I thought it was the cloth diapers which were in their bag on the way to the laundry today. I took him to the po-po like always after nap, unsnapped his diaper to put him on it, and was faced with a TON of poop (super nasty poop given his lunch). The is the first poopy diaper B has had since he came into our care. He has been adamant about pooping in the po-po (potty) since July 1 when he came to live with us in Ethiopia, even when he had giardia and was going 10 times a day with gross diarreah.

The poop was contained in the diaper (yay! cloth diapers totally work:) but it was everywhere. While I was shaking it off into the toilet as best I could, before I could clean him off, our dog came up and started trying to LICK IT OFF OF B's BOTTOM!!! GROSS!!! AND...IT STARTED DRIPPING ON THE FLOOR!

DH was taking a nap, B was in a great mood and wanted to try and run around (with poop all up and through his bottom and halfway up his back), the dog was trying to get a "snack"....it was a poopstravaganza!

Question: What do you do first when you have a poppy kid, a poopy diaper, a poopy dog, and poop all over the floor?!?!?!??!?! Answer: Yell really loudly that DH's nap is over and he better get up RIGHT NOW:)

I put the poopy diaper in the bathtub, wiped off the poopy kid, made the poopy dog sit/stay, wiped up the poopy floor, picked up the poopy diaper and rinsed it in the toilet, wiped off the floor, cleaned out the bathtub, ran a bath for B (wipes were just not going to cut it), and then when DH finally was awake and functioning, sent him downstairs with the week's worth of diapers to wash, including the most recent nasty addition.

B thought the whole thing was hilarious and has been in a great mood ever since (I would be too after the giant load he got out of his system!)

Not sure if his tummy is upset or what since he seems to feel great. We only fed him a little fish and rice for dinner with just a few pieces of plum and is going to bed a little early just in case.

I really hope that this is a one time deal and he goes back to being poop potty-trained tomorrow (we're still working on the pee potty-training) b/c this was not at all fun!

Good thing he's so cute:)

The pic is from Ethiopian New Year (Enkutatash) at our guest house in Addis. I did not have enough hands to take any pics during today's incident--they were full of poop!

DSC04910.JPG

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Bella~ That's the best poop story I've heard in a very long time!! It sounds like B is very happy in his home. I'm so glad to hear it!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery- Can't wait to see S in her Tinkerbell costume!!! Is she feeling better? We've had some fun sickness in our house this week too- O had his first real cold with interminable green snot all week, then had some sort of stomach virus as well which meant that he pooped/had diarreah all day long, and THEN I think he has some weird bite on his arm- thought it was a mosquito bite but it's swollen so I think it's a spider bite. :-o Tried to keep the dairy away but he's a cheese freak. He seems all better now though.

As for Halloween, I think it's between a ghost or Batman. I have NO idea how he knows who Batman is (he's never seen it) but when I ask him what he wants to be he says "Bat-an!" And he sings the song. He does have a Batman car, but still. We're just going trick or treating in our 'hood, probably just up and down the street. Unfortunately, O is already obsessed with candy (I blame his father) so it's going to be a big night for him.

Bella, that's a great poop story!!! We've had 2 of those, when I just had to dunk him in the bath b/c there was just no way it was coming off otherwise. And yes, both times O is giggling and running around and trying to play and sit on things with his nasty butt. :cheeky: Luckily our dog seems to know better cause EWWWW. Glad he's a-ok. And yay, he's smiling in that picture! He's really too cute.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies, I guess I should make my way over here since Charlie turned 1 on the 12th of October. We are definitely in our toddler months and I am so excited for what is to come. I feel like every month I say "this is the best month" but the next month always proves me wrong. I can't wait to share more of my little guy with you :)!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AllieLuv83|1319073713|3043892 said:
Hello ladies, I guess I should make my way over here since Charlie turned 1 on the 12th of October. We are definitely in our toddler months and I am so excited for what is to come. I feel like every month I say "this is the best month" but the next month always proves me wrong. I can't wait to share more of my little guy with you :)!

Yes! DH and I do that too. Every month we're like, "THIS is the best age!"

I guess I ought to drag my butt over to this big kid thread too.

N's favorite thing to do (this week anyway!) is to build block towers and knock them over. He's doing well at daycare - especially eating and napping like a champ. His biggest struggle is after naptime. He's kinda cuddly and sensitive post nap so he struggles with the activity. He just needs a few quiet moments with his blankie (which another kiddie snatched yesterday ;( - poor baby!). The end of the day is also hard because his teacher works 8-4:30 and N is there 7:15 - 4:45 or 5. When she says her goodbyes and the end of day crew takes over, he gets upset. I guess I didn't think about the fact that he really wouldn't be with the same person all day since no one person could work the entire time daycare is open. I guess it's just one more thing he'll have to get used to.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
In Charlie's class room there is a teacher that works from 7-4 and one that works from 9-6 so he has someone there all day with him. We drop off at 8am and I pick him up at 4:15 so I never see the morning teacher because Paul drops him off. It is kind of hard when I want to tell them something, the morning teacher is the lead teacher, and Paul isn't always good about passing messages along.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allie, I like that setup. Right now, there are only 4 kids in N's room on any given day. There are 6 enrolled but 3 are part time. So, there's only one teacher in his room. I like the small *class* size but it would be nice to have two teachers he was with all the time with overlapping schedules. Another thing I didn't think of...

Oh, and I write notes for the teacher because DH is bad about that too. He prefers to just hand over the note. It makes me feel like an overbearing wide and mom but it works.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I write notes all the time, after I had made the mistake of asking Paul to pass messages along that never made it. So now I write little notes, not every day but if something changes in his schedule etc. Charlie's class is small as well but before 2 years old I believe the ratio in my state has to be 4 to 1 and right now there are 6 in the 12-18 month room. So every room basically has one lead teacher and one assistant teacher. In the 6-12 month room there are 2 leads and one assistant because the ratio in there is 3 to 1.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm laughing that I refer to myself as "wide" instead of "wife". I have gained a few pounds but... :lol:

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't even catch that...I am only overbearing when it comes to Charlie :)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to post a quick update. N's new *thing* is sitting on things. It's so cute. He backs up to the bottom step or his toy box, sits down and gets this very proud grin. Then, he gets up and does it all over again. He also loves being chased. If I get up and say, "I'm gonna chase you!" he giggles and starts to run around the dining table. He falls about a billion times but he thinks it's hilarious. He's not talking much but there's definitely an increased interest and he's trying to say a lot of things. For example, when I say "shoes", he says "shhh". When I say "truck" he says "uh!". He's getting there. It's so much fun watching this all unfold.

Oh, and he's currently my BFF - this kid does not want to leave my side. Mama is one thing he can say for sure and I hear it loud and clear when he's crying "MAAAAAMMMMMMMAAAAAA!"

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
BELLA, your son is beyond beautiful!!!!! aw, I just love him; gorgeous little guy! :love: :love:

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
pupp - N is too cute! Skye isn't talking yet, so everything is "Mamamamama" or "Dadadadada". if I am not awake yet and she is, she likes to scream these at the top of her lungs, as in "Mom or Dad, I'm awake now so come play with me!" oh yes, she also chooses "Mamamama" for crying. wish she'd pick "Dadadada" instead.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is everyone?

Anyway, quick update from us. N pretty much stopped nursing. We were down to once per day (first thing in the morning) and he skipped a few days last week and started again. The last time he nursed was Monday. He LOVES cow's milk and his new favorite thing to eat is PB&J. Here are a few pics. We took him to the pumpkin patch last weekend and, in one picture, he's waiting in line for a train ride. Don't worry - big sis went on with him and by *train* they meant wagon. In another, he's running away from Daddy - not the best pic but gives you an idea of where we are! ...and last, he's practicing his step sitting. He loves to sit on things!

Waiting in Line.jpg

Running from Daddy.jpg

Sitting.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puppmom, Cutie!!!!!!!! Love the second pic! Hee-hee!

Bella, How are things going with B? We'd love an update!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
PUPP, awww, he is so ADORABLE!!! :love:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Pupp-N is ADORABLE!!!! and he's getting so big! :o

LV_Thanks for asking:)

Big week for us...

B turned 3, we went out for an Ethiopian dinner one night with one of DH and my's very good friends and then had B's little friend F who is also 3 over for a playdate with cake birthday "party" this weekend.

For your viewing pleasure:)

B cake stuff for web.jpg

B bday brk for web.jpg

b batter for web.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ooh...not sure why the batter one is uploading crooked...

B scooter for web.jpg

B snow for web.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Bella, you are SUCH an amazing MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can see how happy and loving he is... oh he is a handsome boy!!!!!!! The snow pic is magical. Can you believe he's here? In NYC playing in the snow???? MY GOSH!!!!!!! Life is miraculous! Your son is home and he is playing in the snow! In NYC! Wow!!!!!!!!!! Oh, you are an amazing mom and your DH is an amazing father. Now you have an amazing son!!!!!!!!!! Soooo beautiful!!!!! Made my day!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
pupp - I love the vignette effect on the last picture. so nice to have fall pictures with N.

Bells - your son is a good-looking boy! how special that he can enjoy snow (even if it's before Halloween, hehe).

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella, I love the look of pure joy on B's face in that snow pic! I just saw this on Zulily and thought it was super cute. In case the link doesn't come up, it's a map of the world and you can customize it to put hearts in places to show your *roots*. Very cute - B can have a heart in NY and one in Ethiopia!

http://www.zulily.com/p/18x24-gray-world-map.html?pos=71

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella, what a doll; he looks like he is such a joy!!!! I love the pics :love: :love:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Bella---He's gorgeous! Love the pictures!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Bliss, Noel, Pupp, Skippy, and Tao--THANK YOU :bigsmile: We think he's gorgeous and amazing. Everyday I thank God that I get to be his mommy. :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
where are the Halloween photos????

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Here's Evan. He's 21 months old now.

IMG_0003_0.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my little monster on Halloween!

charliehalloween.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Evan and Charlie are both so adorable!!! :love:

Here's my little tinkerbell :bigsmile:

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
orbaya - oooh, almost 2 years old!

Allie - is C standing all by himself now? so cute.

fiery - what a gorgeous girl. she's going to grow up into such a beautiful lady. I'm sure Daddy's worried.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
question to Mommies of kids who were born with neither brown nor blue eyes...

at what age did they change color? Skye was born with dark blue/gray eyes. there has now been a brown ring around the pupil for several months, but the rest of it is dark green/gray. are these going to turn completely brown or will they go hazel?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results