shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought I would post this photo here since Hunter is in disguise ::) I think this pic sums up life with two kids! Fun and a little wierd too.

daboys.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
hahahaha! I love it! They are so adorable and the "disguise" is awesome!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw, two cuties!!! :love:

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey mommies! Long time, no see! So fun to long on to so many new toddlers....and all the adorable pics! I can't believe I have TWO toddlers....Kade is 19 months and Tayva is 3.5 . How did that happen? Starting to get some baby fever so we're talking about maybe trying for a 3rd when K turns 2. Crazy. Hope everyone is doing well!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Mommies with kids at day care... did you ever get gifts for the day care teachers and if yes, then what and when? with your kid's birthday? for Christmas?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
noelwr|1315900325|3016346 said:
Mommies with kids at day care... did you ever get gifts for the day care teachers and if yes, then what and when? with your kid's birthday? for Christmas?

I do Christmas and end of the year. The class had a collection for "teacher's appreciation day." That's my limit.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
noel -- I'm not a toddler mom obviously, but I totally give my teachers gifts. I have 2 friends with babies in the same room as Anderson, and we do a gift card for each teacher's birthday, and we will do a Christmas gift, and we did a gift every day of Teacher's Appreciation Week. I also bring in cookies/brownies/bfast/lunch every once in awhile. I figure that these women are not paid that much, and as a teacher myself, any little ounce of appreciation goes a long way! I don't know how it is in your daycare, but with each milestone, baby moves to a different room. First thing I did when we moved to the crawling room was introduce myself, and I wrote down every teacher's name and birthday.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Burk|1315713972|3014855 said:
Hey mommies! Long time, no see! So fun to long on to so many new toddlers....and all the adorable pics! I can't believe I have TWO toddlers....Kade is 19 months and Tayva is 3.5 . How did that happen? Starting to get some baby fever so we're talking about maybe trying for a 3rd when K turns 2. Crazy. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey Burk, :wavey:

Nice to 'see' you, and good to hear that K and T are well. I'm shocked that K is 19 months already!! Wasn't it just born the other day??? 8-)

So exciting about trying for a #3! :))

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Tacori and Lanie.

Lanie - yes, I was thinking that for the job they're doing, they aren't paid very well. I mean I'm exhausted looking after Skye all day, how must they feel with many more kids??? here the kids are put in groups of 12 with 2 teachers. each group has 3 kids under 1, 3 kids between 1-2, and 6 kids between 2-4. not all kids come on the same day. but anyway, they stay in the same group with the same teachers until they turn 4, which is when they go to school (even if it's in the middle of the school year :twirl: ).

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to do a run by up date post.....

Evan is nearly a month away from turning 2! I just can't believe it...my little boy isn't my little boy anymore! :( I just look at him sometimes and he just amazes me with his sense of humor and character. He's just a complete joy to hang out with (about 99% of the time...hehe).

Ms. Violet is nearly 6 months already and started crawling at 5 months and just wants to hang out with her big brother so bad! He obliges with kisses and tickles....he's a great big brother (another reason for me to sob...BIG brother :( )

I'll take some pictures this weekend and update later on.

I hope all the rest of you mommies are doing well!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
noelwr|1315900325|3016346 said:

Yes I gave them gifts around the holiday season and then again when DS left his daycare (we moved), but I really loved his teachers. For Xmas I gave them $30 giftcards and a card. For our goodbye gift we have them some seaglass earrings (we were living on an island at the time) and a warm weather scarf.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, everyone

Just doing a quick hello! J is so big now. On the 5th she will be 20 months old! Omg. my baby is not a baby no more, but a big girl! :cheeky: She says so many things now and has a lil attitude from time to time. I will try to post a pic of her as soon as i can. Everyone says she looks like Dora. lol. Hope everyone is doing well! :appl:

Oh, and she will be Alice from Alice in wonderland and a little fairy too. hehe!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
So I'm a lurker on this thread, and I'm left wondering.....why is it always so slow????? I am less than 3 months from a one year old, and I was hoping to come on here with the other mothers, but you guys don't post that much. Are you so busy with your toddlers that posting on PS is just plain hard?!?!? :rodent: :cheeky:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lanie~ I think most of the toddler moms are in the fb mom group. Hopefully, now that our group of toddlers are getting here, things will pick up a bit.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
;( ;( ;( ;( First playground injury today:( ;( ;( ;( ;(

B was going down a big corkscrew slide. I had gone down it with him about 15 times and he had gone down it by himself with me at the bottom about 10 times, but then....he decided to try and turn from seated to lying on his tummy WHILE MID-SLIDE!!!! He whacked his face on the slide and got a bloody nose ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( We iced it at home and cleaned him up. At first it looked like his nose was going to swell and he'd get black eyes, but now it's starting to look a little better...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Aww Bella he'll be ok. I still feel bad about Sophia's first playground incident but it hasn't stopped her from acting like a fool every time we go to the playground. Lots of hugs!

Sophia is 26 months. Took her to Disney yesterday. She likes the princesses but is really shy around them. She definitely prefers the characters. She went crazy when she saw Woody and kept asking for Buzz.

But man is Disney tiring with a tot. We would always do 2-4 parks in one day. We would get there at 8am and head home at 9pm. With Sophia though we only stood there for 5 hours which was about 2 hours too long and only did one park, Magic Kingdom. We didnt even do the whole park, only fantasy land. She had more fun meeting everyone and watching shows. we'll probably go again in November. We are very lucky to have a lot of friends who get us in for free (plus stroller rental) so we take advantage :)

:wavey:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
fiery -- not to mention lucky enough to be so close! That would be awesome! What is the entrance fee these days?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Lanie I'm not even sure. I think a 1 day park hopper's pass is $120. If you go four days and do one park a day it's about $60 per day (per person). Disney is very expensive. We would not be going as often if it weren't for family/friends.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Bella~ that's a milestone! lol. Lily tried diving out of the swing the other day. I know it's scary and you fear the worst, but keep in mind that in a couple days, B won't even remember it happened.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) Thanks ladies!

Yeah, I think this will be the first of many adventures at the playground.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Aww Bella! The first "accident" is hard, but you'll get used to it. ;)) My kid is fearless too (as most toddlers seem to be) and just launches himself off of everything. I try not to worry but part of it is them learning that there are limits. Sounds like B is adjusting wonderfully.

Fiery- 5 hours sounds like a good run to me. We almost took O when we were in CA in July, but it was so expensive that we decided to wait until he "got" it more. Cool that you live so close and can go often. Lucky S!

Yeah, this board kind of died. Part of it I think is that we just don't have as many updates at this age, but I admit I'm sad to see it so slow. I'll try to poke my head in more.

In honor of that- O is almost 26 months and is just so fun. It's strange how quickly they become little people- his baby hood is really behind him now. His toddler tantrums have been minimal so I'm fearing 3. :cheeky: Don't get me wrong, he definitely has his moments, but not the sustained fights that I know have to happen sometime.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I agree the board tends to be slow. I think the 1st board is so much more active because it's a first time experience for many - hence lots of questions, anxieties etc. By the time the babes are toddlers I think we pretty much have a good idea of what we're doing...(operative word - 'think'. lol!) Also there are so many developments in the first year - there's so much going on compared to the toddler years.

I'll try to post more too. It's been a while since I posted a pic of D. I'm loving her at this age...she's so sweet and feisty. So many things she does just make me want to laugh. :D

I had a bit of a scare with her on Saturday, though. She was 'helping' me make banana pancakes, and ended up tasting some raw egg before I could stop her. A few minutes she started itching and breaking out in a rash over her body, so I had to take her to the hospital. They said it was allergic reaction and gave her some meds. But whew! I was pretty scared there for a little while.

Bella - sorry to hear about the playground incident! It's so awful when they're hurting, isn't it? :(( I'm sure he'll be okay though.

fiery - so jealous of the Disney trip! Hectic as it was... I would so love to go.

mtjoya -good to hear J is doing well!

China - hope the pregnancy is going well too.

Question for the 2 year old + mamas - have you started potty training yet? How's it going?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sha! :wavey: PLEASE post a pic of D if you feel comfortable! :love:

As for potty training- in one word, NOPE. :cheeky: But I am admittedly not in a hurry. O definitely hits most of the "readiness" signs, but it's a little too sporadic for me. I want to wait till he's READY READY so I can do it in like a weekend. I just have no desire to be running around trying to find a bathroom while we're out and about until we have to. We did buy a little potty for him and he will poop/pee in it occasionally and seems very excited about it. He tells me before he poops- but not necessarily before he pees. So I think we have a bit of time. My goal is by 3.

What about you? Any luck with D?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Sha we have started PTing but haven't had success with it. She is in underwear all day until nap time. She doesn't do a single drop in her potty or on herself. She holds it all in. As soon as we put a diaper on it looks like it would if you dip it in water. Completely inflated with pee. She has the Elmo Potty DVD but the only thing that has taught her is to say "pee pee poo poo potty" at the most awkward times.

I'm not really in a rush. I know she's ready in the sense that she can tell us when she's about to pee or poop but for whatever reason she's just not wanting to try the potty. I actually thought of having her pick out a potty but we already have 2 so don't want to spend for another.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) B says "Everybody poops" at the most inopportune times:)

Here he is at the park mid-move that resulted in the faceplant/bloody nose and enjoying daddy's birthday cake today (egg-free cake as he has a severe egg allergy, so Sha I know how scary that can be!) ETS-He's not scowling in the birthday picture, that's the face he makes for pictures. he looks so serious but keeps earnestly saying "mommy, i'm smiling" and then tries to point at the camera at the exact moment you snap the photo so 90% of our pics have him doing some random point that covers his face....

2011-10-08 12.02.11.jpg

2011-10-10 17.34.15.jpg

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Bella, that face!!!! :love: I'm laughing so hard over here about how he tells you he's smiling while looking so grim. Kids are the funniest.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
lol. LOVE that pic of B!! JT used to look like he was trying for a bowel movement around that age in every picture. These are the things that will still make you smile in a few years!!

Lily is a monster. She is 15 months old this week and an absolute wailing monster. She is soo dramatic about everything. It cracks me up at home, but now she's taken to doing it publicly and it embarrasses the heck out of me. JT was the world's most perfectly well-behaved toddler in public. Now Lily will just start randomly yelling in the store. Sometimes it's just, "hi!" which I can deal with. But when she starts the "noooooooooo" I can just feel my face flush. I hope this stage doesn't last too long! :wacko:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I know:) His "i'm smiling" face cracks us up too:)

He's still processing me going away to work everyday, he's just weird for 15-30 minutes after I get home. I know that he's little but I really hope he is starting to understand that I am always his mommy and I will always come home. :blackeye: It's really hard to figure out what is weird normal two year old-ness or weird traumatized two year old-ness...he also started waking up ALOT in the night time and taking a long time to fall asleep. he's very quiet, but restless and not sleeping well. :blackeye: Poor little guy, he seems to be processing a lot!

SS-Lily sounds hilarious! Such a drama queen!!! :bigsmile:

I have some interesting conversations about potential jobs in the next few days and am hoping that something great works out...DH is rocking out in his EMT class which is great for our family and GREAT for DH's self-esteem and new career path.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Bella! He is too cute! :love: :love: :love: What an adorable little face. Awww..... so funny that he thinks he's 'smiling' in the photos. :lol:

China and fiery, thanks for chiming in on the PT. I'm not really in a rush either. Right now D will say "Mommy, I wan' pee pee..." and then will proceed to sit on the potty (diaperless) for about a minute, but nothing ever comes out. She's peed before on the floor while running around diaperless, so in some ways she's showing signs of readiness, but not totally. I'm fine waiting. :))

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hey girls!

Just browsing PS tonight. Browsing the Internet really. Poor Sophia has a stomach virus. Hasn't eaten much today and she fell asleep on me while watching a movie. Glad she did for two reasons: I had the foresight to put her pjs on so didn't have to wake her to put them on and didn't have to go through the fight of no milk for tonight.

What are the plans for Halloween? Sophia will be her favorite-Tinkerbell. We plan on taking her to our local "zoo" (it's a tropical animal zoo) for trick or treating, face painting, and lots of games on the 29th. Then a couple of street fairs and events on the 30th and trick or treating with some friends on Halloween. The costume cost $30 so trying to get more than one use out of it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results