color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
OMG Robbie that is the funniest story ever!!! hahahahaha

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix-Hopefully the single side feedings will work to correct the possible oversupply. I know it helped me a lot. The funny thing about your mom vent is that my mom did the same thing: she went through all of DD''s stuff and picked out things for me to return
20.gif
. Being on your own can be scary but I started to really like it after I got over the baby blues. It was nice to be on Sophia''s schedule without having to worry about entertaining a bunch of people. I slept when she napped even if it was in the middle of the day.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Geez, I''m beginning to wonder if I''m scary or something. Neither my mother or MIL would DARE go through stuff I have for Daisy or suggest I give things away/return them!

Daisy has loads of clothes, but quite honestly the only things she didn''t wear were little pink dresses because she looked ick in pink and I don''t like dresses on tiny babies. Otherwise she wore everything I bought or was given and I couldn''t have done without them. Anyway, I only plan to do this once so why shouldn''t I buy her what I want - you can''t spoil a 3 month old!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
I''m right there w/ you Pandora! I''m scary
3.gif
There is NO WAY in H*ll my mom or MIL would ever go through my things. No matter who it''s for.

Fiery - I REALLY feel for you (I saw your other thread). If it were me I''d find other care NO MATTER WHAT it cost. But I''m a control freak and I just wouldn''t be able to handle having anyone NOT do what I want for my child (within reason of course). Your MIL sounds like a real treat
20.gif

Robbie - OMG! That story is hysterical! hehehe....

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Put me down for being scary too. Or, having long distance family - that could also have something to do with it.
3.gif

Robbie - thanks! I made a lot of progress today, but it''s still daunting. And OMG - AWKWARD conversation!

Phoenix - and that is why you are all just my "friends", to everyone but DH. As in, "One of my friends recommended xyz."
2.gif
Glad that the block feeding seems to be helping, and that''s great news about a push present!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
So I stopped by my daughters tonight to watch Veda while the parents went to pick up a floating fishy thing for the crib and when my daughter got back she told me a story about one of her preggo friends. Y''all have already had your baby/babies so you can commiserate. Her friend had twins..the first one was born vaginally with an episitome and then the second one got stuck so she had to have a c-section.
6.gif

My heart just cringed. I couldn''t imagine having both a c-sectoin and an episitome at the same time. GAH!! Ouch. I hope the poor Mom doesn''t ever sneeze for the next 4 months. Gratefully, both babies are doing fantastic.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 12:34:10 AM
Author: miraclesrule
So I stopped by my daughters tonight to watch Veda while the parents went to pick up a floating fishy thing for the crib and when my daughter got back she told me a story about one of her preggo friends. Y''all have already had your baby/babies so you can commiserate. Her friend had twins..the first one was born vaginally with an episitome and then the second one got stuck so she had to have a c-section.
6.gif

My heart just cringed. I couldn''t imagine having both a c-sectoin and an episitome at the same time. GAH!! Ouch. I hope the poor Mom doesn''t ever sneeze for the next 4 months. Gratefully, both babies are doing fantastic.

Yeah that was one of my biggest fears! I believe Peony just had one twin born vaginally and the other c-section. Heroic!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Peony is my new hero...for sure. Wow.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Making my first official post as a new mommy to this thread!

And of course, I have to bring up breast feeding. Seems to be a huge topic on here.

Evan was born 6lbs 11 oz. on October 31, Went home On November 1st at 6 lbs 6oz. Went to the Pediatrician yesterday--he was 5lbs 15 oz. I feel bad because he just isn''t taking to breastfeeding. After a recommendation from our pediatrician we have decided to supplement formula. I''m actually okay with this, but I am hoping he doesn''t develop bottle preference over my breast. I''m hoping we only have to supplement until my milk comes in. And I''m figuring if he does wind up not being able to latch properly--I can still pump and feed from the bottle that way.

We are working on Evan''s sleep patterns. He''s a pretty calm baby so far (fingers crossed) but at night, he always wants to be held when sleeping. During the day, he''s okay with being put in a bassinet to sleep. We started using a sleep positioner (had almost forgotten we had received one) and that seems to be helping him stay calm when sleeping. Any other advice is appreciated!

Anyways, Ladies, I''m happy to finally be able to graduate over to this thread

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 2:56:49 AM
Author: taovandel
Making my first official post as a new mommy to this thread!

And of course, I have to bring up breast feeding. Seems to be a huge topic on here.

Evan was born 6lbs 11 oz. on October 31, Went home On November 1st at 6 lbs 6oz. Went to the Pediatrician yesterday--he was 5lbs 15 oz. I feel bad because he just isn''t taking to breastfeeding. After a recommendation from our pediatrician we have decided to supplement formula. I''m actually okay with this, but I am hoping he doesn''t develop bottle preference over my breast. I''m hoping we only have to supplement until my milk comes in. And I''m figuring if he does wind up not being able to latch properly--I can still pump and feed from the bottle that way.

We are working on Evan''s sleep patterns. He''s a pretty calm baby so far (fingers crossed) but at night, he always wants to be held when sleeping. During the day, he''s okay with being put in a bassinet to sleep. We started using a sleep positioner (had almost forgotten we had received one) and that seems to be helping him stay calm when sleeping. Any other advice is appreciated!

Anyways, Ladies, I''m happy to finally be able to graduate over to this thread
Tao, have you asked your LC about a SNS? It is a tube taped to your breast/nipple. They can get formula while breastfeeding and it is great for establishing breastfeeding. That way there is no issue with him starting to prefer the bottle, and it also helps strengthen his suckling movements. I had no milk, but was still happy to use it for 5 weeks.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 3:29:41 PM
Author: robbie3982
Just how I wanted to start my Monday off, talking about my dad''s wiener. Eeeew.

OMG, Hahahhahaha!! Thanks for the laugh this morning, Robbie!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Super busy at work, but just wanted to let everyone know that Peony posted on facebook that she brought home Elliot yesterday and she thinks Asher might come home in about a week!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
This thread is a-rockin'! I can't keep up...but I wanted to pop in to say "GOODBYE" since I'm off to Miami for 4 whole days with my best girlfriend. Romy is staying with my parents since DH works long hours, and I've been stashing my milk for weeks so that he can stay on breastmillk in my absense. I have to keep pumping while I'm away to keep my milk, but its a small price to pay for 4 days of sun, fun, and yes, i'm going to say it, boozing with my girls. hahahahah. PUMP AND DUMP. PUMP AND DUMP. Chant it with me. Whoa. I need to get out more. I'm so excited at this "mommy-free time" I can barely contain myself. I know I'll die from missing him, but how often do you get to go away with your 7 closest friends? YIPPEE!

So, See you Monday - have a great week/weekend and Good luck to all the new mommies here. You'll get great support here!
MwA!

PS. Happy Birthday To Amber (tomorrow)
36.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 9:41:41 AM
Author: mela lu
This thread is a-rockin''! I can''t keep up...but I wanted to pop in to say ''GOODBYE'' since I''m off to Miami for 4 whole days with my best girlfriend. Romy is staying with my parents since DH works long hours, and I''ve been stashing my milk for weeks so that he can stay on breastmillk in my absense. I have to keep pumping while I''m away to keep my milk, but its a small price to pay for 4 days of sun, fun, and yes, i''m going to say it, boozing with my girls. hahahahah. PUMP AND DUMP. PUMP AND DUMP. Chant it with me. Whoa. I need to get out more. I''m so excited at this ''mommy-free time'' I can barely contain myself. I know I''ll die from missing him, but how often do you get to go away with your 7 closest friends? YIPPEE!

So, See you Monday - have a great week/weekend and Good luck to all the new mommies here. You''ll get great support here!
MwA!
OMG MELA YOU MUST VISIT MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Have fun, Mela!!

And woohoo Peony! That''s so exciting.
36.gif

Welcome, Tao!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

Don''t, that was my worst nightmare. They did my forceps in theatre so they could go straight to c-section if it failed. I was not happy at the thought of all of me being stitched up. As it is the episiotomy was hell - and it looks like I may need to have part of it redone ...
39.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Pandora-I forgot to mention how adorable Daisy is! Did you decide on the modeling gig?
27.gif

Tao-Ditto seeing a LC and congratulations again!

Robbie-Any news on your uncle?

Sophia is sick
7.gif
. She has a horrible cold and is all congested. Last night she kept waking herself up so I went in and held her for about two hours so she can get some sleep. Then this morning FI had her sleep on his chest while he watched the news. She wants to be held right now and that''s a-okay with me. I took her in to the pedi today and they sent me home with a nebulizer. Poor girl. I feel so bad for her. She has all of this pleghm but doesn''t know how to get it out herself so she ends up gagging.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

Crashing the thread to say YUCK!! that was my worst nightmare! Now, I worry that after having a great vaginal delivery with my first that I will somehow end up in a c-section with this one. I mentioned this fear to my MIL and SIL the other day and my SIL got all defensive (she had 2 CS''s). It''s not that I''m judging vaginal vs. CS or anything, just would rather NOT have to go through surgery if at all possible. Guess I should have kept my mouth shut!!!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Thread moves too fast, and everytime I think I have time to catch up, O pulls a fast one!

Mela- Have sooooo much fun in the sun! Very jealous, have already been daydreaming about a vacation. Unfortunately, my girls are all way too spread out and all of us have newborns, so not going to happen soon. Have the most wonderful time!!!!

Fiery- She is so pretty. Sorry about the cold. I'm scared of when O gets sick. Have things been better with MIL regarding sleeping in all of the layers and stuff? Did you have fun at the Marc concert???

Natalina- Hey there. Why do you want to move her bedtime? The one she has sounds wonderful, that is a really great sleeping pattern for such a newborn! I say thank your lucky stars and let her be. As someone just said, the first few weeks are all about survival. Any sleep you can get, or can get her to take, is a blessing. I know it's hard, I was all concerned at first about getting him on a schedule and such, but really, you can't do much in the first few weeks and you need your rest. Sorry to hear about the BF, I think it's the hardest part. Well, that and the torture of no sleep. It's a toss up. Let us know how you're doing!

Phoenix- Claire is such a beauty!!!!

Now I forgot everything else I just read and was going to comment on! I thought preggo brain was bad. Mommy brain is worse, and I'm not sure it's going away!!!

My turn for a BF question: I definitely produce more on the left than the right, but that hasn't really been a problem so far. But past few days, he has been getting frustrated and refusing to eat on the right, or at least not eating enough. So that creates a bad cycle, b/c the less he eats, the less I produce, right? Any tips or commiseration about one-boober kids??? MELA- did you just always feed only off one boob?

ETA: Welcome to TAO and Evan!

lili

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

Both my sister and SIL went through that for their first child.
They had the episi only to find that they couldn''t push the babies out after 2-3 hrs.
So they had to wait for the dr to stitch up the cut and then go to OR for an emergency c-section.

lili

Ideal_Rock
China--
I can commiserate on the single-boober kid.
My left produced way more than my right.
When DD was younger, she actually preferred the right because it was slower.
After 6 months, she preferred the left more just because she was too lazy and impatient to work for the milk on the right.
I try to pump longer on the right just to simulate it, but it really didn't help all that much.
So now, I hate to say this, but I'm a bit lopsided
14.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s already super early in the BFing process...glad to see that there are others with boob preference! My left is the only one that is leaking colostrum and getting engorged with my milk (hopefully I''ll start producing it soon!)....Evan won''t even go near the right boob--so that is worrying me. I guess I''ll just deal with being lopsided...haha

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Sophia favored my right also (even though my left produces way more milk...I get 4oz from left when I pump and 1.5 to 2oz on the right
20.gif
). For me it was a latching problem. My left is bigger than my right (there''s a little TMI tidbit about Fiery
3.gif
) so I couldn''t latch her properly. I went to the LC and she fixed it for me
9.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
For the few weeks I Bfed, my left was twice the size of the right and produced twice as much. What is up with that??

And Hi new mommies
35.gif

So my great sleeper has been waking up an hour earlier than normal every day this week. And in Arizona, we don''t do the daylight savings thing, so it''s not a time change that threw him off. He''s going to bed the same time, and we tried feeding him a little more last night in case he was just hungry, but he still woke up at 5:15am, and I didn''t feed him until 5:45, so it wasn''t hunger either. Any ideas how to get him to 6:15 again? I need time to take a shower before he wakes up!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Quick drive-by post as we''re taking Daisy out to see the fireworks display at our local Bonfire/Guy Fawkes Night celebrations.

We have a TOOTH - and I''m all sad cos my baby is growing up!
39.gif

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to the new mommies and hello to all mommies!!

Busy busy here. Axel was sick on halloween so we didn''t dress him up, but we did go out trick or treating at a downtown festival and DD had a lot of fun and got lots of candy.

ALL THE BABIES are adorable in their costumes!! Cuteness overload for sure. Wish I could have contributed!

Mgal, maybe try putting him down an hour later? Not sure you''d want to mess with the original bedtime, but you could give it a shot if he continues for more than a week waking @ 5:15!

Pandora Congrats! Can''t believe Daisy has a tooth already. Axel has NONE and no sign of one to come.

Axel is 7 months old today!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Pandora - congrats on the tooth! It is a bit sad to realize they''re not the little baby anymore
39.gif

PJ - I was going to try the bedtime change tonight and see if that did any good. He did go down about a 1/2 hour later than usual on Tuesday night, but he still woke up early...

And he got both flu shots yesterday. I have a friend at his pedi''s office that stashed one of the very few infant H1N1 shots they got in for me, so DH took him and got them both while he was there. Kyle cried for 30 seconds, and was perfectly fine after that.

And I forgot to updated on the new stroller! I received my Mia Moda Energi on Tuesday night (poor UPS guy didn''t show up until 6:30pm!), and took it out for a spin last night. There''s a little issue with the front wheel rubbing a little bit, but the company has already send me out a new one. I like it so far, I''ll get some pics for the baby stuff thread this weekend.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora - yay on a tooth!!! I know I''ll be sad too, I''m pretty sure he''s working on one now actually...was Daisy cranky at all??

Mgal - sorry to hear about the early wake up! We are in the same boat but it''s more like 4:00 am here
14.gif
But it was the time change that screwed us up. I wish I had some suggestions...good luck!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 3:05:18 PM
Author: cdt1101
Pandora - yay on a tooth!!! I know I''ll be sad too, I''m pretty sure he''s working on one now actually...was Daisy cranky at all??

Mgal - sorry to hear about the early wake up! We are in the same boat but it''s more like 4:00 am here
14.gif
But it was the time change that screwed us up. I wish I had some suggestions...good luck!!!

She was terrible at 3 - 4 months - drooling everywhere and miserable. I stuffed her full off Calpol and teething things. She drooled so much she ended up with a really bad rash on her neck for weeks.

However, she hasn''t really needed a bib for about 2 weeks now and doesn''t seem at all bothered, gums don''t even look red. I was talking to my mother about it and she said that all of us were much more whingy when the teeth were still deep in the gums, once they started to break the surface we were fine.

Daisy LOVED the fireworks - even the very loud ones - eyes like saucers for the whole 20 minutes! I expected a bit of a meltdown so I did put her in the cloth sling so she felt closer to me.

On slings, I bought a Tri-cotti which is basically two bands of fabric and it''s brilliant. Really comfortable, rolls up small enough to fit in the diaper bag and D seems happy in it. I so wish I''d used it when she was tiny.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 6:25:39 PM
Author: Pandora II
Date: 11/5/2009 3:05:18 PM

Author: cdt1101

14.gif

She was terrible at 3 - 4 months - drooling everywhere and miserable. I stuffed her full off Calpol and teething things. She drooled so much she ended up with a really bad rash on her neck for weeks.

However, she hasn''t really needed a bib for about 2 weeks now and doesn''t seem at all bothered, gums don''t even look red. I was talking to my mother about it and she said that all of us were much more whingy when the teeth were still deep in the gums, once they started to break the surface we were fine.

Daisy LOVED the fireworks - even the very loud ones - eyes like saucers for the whole 20 minutes! I expected a bit of a meltdown so I did put her in the cloth sling so she felt closer to me.

On slings, I bought a Tri-cotti which is basically two bands of fabric and it''s brilliant. Really comfortable, rolls up small enough to fit in the diaper bag and D seems happy in it. I so wish I''d used it when she was tiny.

Yeah he''s been a major drooler since like 9 weeks, but this week is insane! And he has to constantly be chewing on a blanket, won''t stop no matter what he''s doing...and super cranky. He''s also had a rash on his chin and neck for a few weeks now.

So we''ll see. I hope it doesn''t get much worse because he is not a happy camper right now!

Glad she liked the fireworks!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results