carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
As for Sophia, her rash is worse
7.gif
. It''s all over her face and behind her ears. I took her again to the pedi yesterday (love, love, love that they''re open all day on Saturday and Sunday) but they still say it''s a heat rash. She recommended that I give her a bath in chamomile tea so I''m going to do that today. She''s not in pain though which is good.

She''s finally giving me longer stretches at night again. Yesterday she slept at 8, and woke up at 11:30 and 4:45. I''m going to try doing a dream feed again and see how that works.

I was going to dress her in her costume but because of her heat rash, I didn''t want to. Those costumes are soo hot!

So here''s my little angel!

IMG00351-20091101-1851.jpg

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Fiery!!! She is so beautiful!!!! How sweet! She looks so precious! Thanks, too, for chiming in about the vitamins.

Does anyone have recommendations for cute nursing tops? I absolutely love the Boob Maternity nursing t''s that are just simple layered t''s with a panel that lifts up, but they are so pricy! Why is it everything else I find is so matronly looking? I ordered a couple of Milkshirt tanks to layer under non-nursing shirts I have that can lift up or open along the front, but can''t really find anything else. Any suggestions?

A couple silly questions, when you guys say ''EBF'' what is the E? ''Exclusively'' breast fed? ''Expressed'' breast fed (meaning pumped)? And what is a Dream feed?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
All the cotsumes are sooo cute! And I can''t believe how good your daughter looks at 6 weeks PP Miracles!

Natalina - Kyle was that size at birth, and I went through 1 pack of newborn diapers, then switched to size 1 at about 1 week old, so it''s probably time to move up. It''s kinda sad when you have to go bigger, since it means they''re growing up!

Well, Mr. Squirmy now has no changing table
7.gif
. We haven''t been using it for a few weeks, since changing him involves 2 adults, several toys, and sometimes he still wins. I had DH install the hutch top on his dresser, so no more changing table. I didn''t think we''d be doing that until he was closer to a year, but he was getting too long for it anyway. But, I''m excited about my new stroller arriving tomorrow!

***Kyle is 8 months 3 weeks old***

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Natalina-The E is for exclusively. I''m not entirely sure of where it originated but the dream feed is discussed in baby whisperer (EASY method). The idea is to feed LO while they are sleeping (ideally before you go to bed) so that their tummy is nice and full and they sleep longer. I have a hard time getting her to latch when she''s completely asleep and it usually wakes her up. I''m going to try though now that she knows how to put herself back to sleep.

MG-Yay for a new stroller!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, Sophia is just beautiful!!

Vitamins - my ped never mentioned them and I never thought to ask. Hmmm.

Natalina - I didn''t like most of the nursing clothing that I tried and ended up donating it. What works great for me is just laying a nursing tank and a normal shirt.

MG - enjoy the new stroller!! I''ve just been changing G on the bed for a while now, and it feels so weird when I go to use a changing table when I''m out because I''m at his side versus his feet.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Breastfeeding question -- Claire is 10 days old, and her poops are still green and watery. I did some Googling and it looks like this is a sign of oversupply of milk. I do leak and sometimes milk is dribbling down her face when she feeds, but she doesn''t seem to have excessive gassiness or a boob aversion or any of the other symptoms. By 10 days her poops should be mustard yellow, right?

So I''m going to try just BFing from one breast at a time, but now I''ve got this nice soft boob and this rock hard Playboy boob. Hopefully the hard boob won''t be in further distress before she eats again.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
PG - Have you tried just feeding on one side at a time, or are you about to start doing that? I''d personally try feeding on just the playboy side (haha) right now, and then in a couple of hours or whenever she''s hungry next, feed on just the other side. It could just mean not enough hindmilk, and longer feedings on one side could fix that. But yeah, I''d expect yellow and seedy at this point.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Natalina, I was given vitamin drops for Daisy by the Health Visitor - they give them for all babies as of 1 week old, they''re A, C and D vitamins and she has 5 drops a day. She seems to like them - I found it easier to just drop them straight in her mouth rather than on a spoon and she''ll lie there with her mouth open for them.

I think they are more important if you are EBF and in London they are very aware of rickets - there are a lot of problems with some ethnic communities where the mothers and the babies are covered from head to toe and so don''t get enough vitamin D and cases are rising in a way that hasn''t been seen since the 19th Century.

On the diapers, I find I have to move up a size well before the weight limit. I was so sad when D was too big for the newborn ones anymore. She''s now in Pampers Active Size 3 - and I''ve bought a size 4 as I think we''ll be moving up again soon. I found the Active ones much better than the normal.

Fiery - that photo is just adorable! Sorry about the continuing heat rash - I''ve heard oatmeal baths can help.

PG - sounds like too much foremilk to me. I notice that D''s can be a bit like that even now if she''s on a growth spurt and constantly eating.

Yesterday we went to visit my friends new baby - 11 days old and so cute. It was weird, I thought I''d be a dab hand at holding newborns now, but it wasn''t that easy! Daisy was enthralled with the crying and wanted to ''hug'' the baby - Daisy hugs aren''t the most gentle thing in the world and tend to involve having your nose twisted at the same time, so we just did some supervised hair stroking!

Nearly had a nightmare scenario on the way there: stopped off for lunch in a fish restaurant where they had an amazing special offer for fish soup followed by a whole grilled Sea Bream
18.gif
, so both DH and I opted for that. Daisy was sitting on DH''s knee and I made sure that the soup was placed well away from her as she''s very ''grabby'' at the moment. What happens? Yup, DH drops his napkin on the floor, bends over sideways to pick it up allowing D to be near enough to grab the bowl of soup that had just be put on the table. Hand straight in very hot liquid.
23.gif

I grabbed her fist and shoved it straight in my glass of water and luckily she was absolutely fine, just a bit shocked. I can just imagine if I''d turned up to ER with a burnt hand this week! Poor DH is learning a lot of lessons very fast!

Here''s a pic of Daisy on Halloween. I carved a baby pumpkin for her - sadly she wanted to grab it so we didn''t get great photos! Halloween isn''t a big festival here - ours is November 5th for Bonfire Night - but I rather like it and have always carved pumpkins. I got her a Mummy''s Little Pumpkin bib in lieu of a costume...

13633_324607540362_573075362_9578474_5705589_n.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all the pics of the kids! I can''t read all of this thread, but it''s great to get a pic fix, especially since we don''t post them in the other thread anymore. Thanks for posting ladies, they are SO CUTE!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, how''s Sophia''s heat rash? 14 lbs 4 oz is awesome! I think I went straight from obsessing about my weight gain during pregnancy to obsessing about Des''s weight gain after he was born. I have this irrational fear that they''ll tell me he''s not gaining enough and we have to supplement or switch to bottles only. I love Sophia''s angel costume!

Ebree, sounds like you had a good 4 month appointment! Des will be closer to 5 months for ours because we couldn''t get an evening appointment until then. How tall is your DH? My DH is 6''1 and DS was still only in the 4th percentile for length at his last appointment. MIL said all of her kids were tiny late bloomers. DH grew a few inches his first year in college.

Dreamer, you''re so lucky you have the vaccine available. No one around here has it. Many places are now out of regular flu vaccine as well. I told DH I''m going to be really mad at him if he gets the flu since I''ve been on his case to get the flu shot for the last 6+ weeks. How''s it being in the new house?

Pandora, that''s great that the social worker didn''t lecture you about bed sharing. I find myself scared to tell people that we do for fear of disapproval.

Blen, Des is also really easily distracted from eating. I have a feeling this is why he eats better when he''s with MIL than when he''s with my mom. I think my mom feeds him while watching tv. That''s too funny about George flirting with the baby girls! I seriously LOLed when I read about him sucking on their toes. Hope your last day went well!

MG, he''ll never even remember the pink car seat. SIL gave DS a "My Auntie''s the best" (or something like that) shirt with pink sparkles on it. He work it once to see her and once so we could take pics of him to send to her on her bday. I hope if he gets mad about being in pink sparkles he takes it out on her, not me, lol. Love the costume and yay for a new stroller!

Natalina, we use tri-vi-sol. We didn''t start until 2 months though since that''s when vitamin D content drops in breast milk. We give it to Des in one of his bottles that he takes while I''m at work. On weekends we give it to him while he''s in the tub because it''s messy. Our Dr. said that daily sun exposure can provide enough vitamin D, but not in the winter in PA so we decided to go with the vitamins. I''d try going up a size if you keep having blowouts. Sometimes blowouts are just part of disposable diapers though. I really want to try cloth (no blow outs!), but DH keeps reminding me that we don''t have time for all the extra laundry and he''s probably right. I''ve just been wearing regular shirts. I usually have a stretchy cami on underneath that I just pull down under my boobs when it''s time to feed Des and I life whatever I''m wearing on top up.

Mrs, glad to hear your trip went well! How did the phone interview go? Deciding whether or not to stay home is tough. I''m back at work because I have to be, but I have thought about what I will do (trying to use Mela''s positive thinking here to will this to happen) when DH finds a job that pays better and I''m able to make the decision. I think I might want to work part time so that I''m not totally out of the work force should I need to go back.

Erica, that''s so scary! I''m terrified of DS getting sick.

Welcome, PG! I get sad at all of the milestones too. That''s great that bfing is going well! Claire is beautiful! Des went through a green poop phase. I tried block feeding, but nothing really seemed to help the color of his poop. His pedi really wasn''t concerned about color as long as he was growing properly. Block feeding should help to regulate your supply down. Are you going back to work? If you are, you might want to take advantage of your oversupply and start pumping and freezing. I actually work to keep my oversupply so that I have a nice freezer stash in case I have to go on a last minute business trip or something.

Mela, I love your costumes! Kermy and Miss Piggy whether you meant it to be that or not :)

CDT, I love his Halloween outfits/costumes!

L2L, what a cute caterpillar!

Miracles, Veda is too cute! And I ditto everyone else that your daughter looks amazing! There''s no way that''s all thanks to spanx.

Blen, yay for pre-preg pants fitting! That''s great! I know I already told you, but George makes such a cute froggy! That''s sad about your DH''s friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone! MIL will be having a lumpectomy and radiation. They''ll be biopsying her lymph nodes when they remove the lump and if the cancer has spread to them, she''ll be doing chemo as well. She''s supposed to be scheduling the surgery today, so I''ll keep you all updated.

My mom told me this morning that my uncle''s surgery isn''t going to be today, but it should be this week. None of us are allowed to know he''s having surgery. I hate how secretive my family is. I really wish I could just call and let him know I love him and I''m thinking of him, but it would upset him if he knew I knew.

Sabine and Jacks have been here since Friday night and it''s so much fun to get to see her again (and him for the first time!)! Jacks is adorable and Des loves having another baby in the house.

I''ll post some pics from the visit in a sec.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
The first shot is of the boys shortly after they first met. 2nd is of Des in his Halloween outfit (his shirt was so orange that it messed up my white balance and I still don''t think I got it quite right even in photoshop). 3rd is of Jackson in his and 4th is of us with the boys.

ps-collage.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Here are my 2 newest favorite Des pics. I got some good ones of Jacks too, but I''ll let Sabine be the one to post those :)

ps-collage2.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Pandora, that''s scary about Daisy sticking her hand in the soup! Des is starting to get grabby as well and I''m definitely going to have to start being more careful about what he can reach. As of this morning his very into the toy bar on his bouncy seat. He just figured out that if he pulls the lion''s handle it plays music. He did it 3 or 4 times while I was getting ready this morning and then squealed and giggled in delight. It was so cute!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora - Daisy's so cute!! Love her bib and baby pumpkin
1.gif

Robbie - Des and Jacks are so cute together!! It's so cool you and Sabine have boys the same age (well really close). Des has such nice eyes!!! Are they green?? Really stunning! Sorry to hear about your MIL and uncle..sending lots of dust your way.

Fiery - Sophia is adorable! Love her angel wings!

It's interesting RE: vitamins....my pedi never mentioned it and it actually never occurred to me...maybe it's because he's formula fed??? Maybe I'll ask at our next appt.

Lex will be 5 months tomorrow...I cannot believe how fast the past 5 months flew by! It's like someone is pressing fast forward on my life
39.gif
He starts daycare in 2 weeks part-time to start the transition from being w/ mommy ALL the time to full-time daycare starting Nov 30th. I'm so incredibly sad...for those of you back to work, did you cry a lot in the beginning? I've been crying myself to sleep the past week (and I'm not even back to work yet!!!)...but it really is in the best financial interest (for our family) that I return to work, so I just have to remind myself of that. I just hope he doesn't cry when I leave him. He's become super attached to me and has to see me when someone else is holding him or he cries...so I'm scared of how he is going to react to strangers at daycare in the beginning...sorry for rambling..just need to vent a little
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 5:21:34 PM
Author: cdt1101
It''s interesting RE: vitamins....my pedi never mentioned it and it actually never occurred to me...maybe it''s because he''s formula fed??? Maybe I''ll ask at our next appt.
1.gif

Yep! FF kids don''t need the vitamins as the formula already has them in it. Don''t worry!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
NF- what about BF babies (and vitamins)?

CDT- I cried a lot before going back to work, but the actual transition was easier than I thought it would be. There are days when George cries as I leave but he''s evidently happy again within seconds once I''m out of sight. But it''s just hard to leave him like that. It gets better, I promise.

Pandora - Poor Daisy. George broke a wine glass at a restaurant once, under similar circumstances. Love the pumpkin and Daisy''s bib!

Robbie - Thanks again! Des and Jacks are just adorable, and you and Sabine look great! If you''re seriously thinking of cloth, feel free to ask me any questions. I really don''t find the extra laundry to be very bad (now that we got rid of our Bum Geniuses, which are supposed to be hang dried and thus are a PITA). It''s the folding and sorting that gets to me, and you don''t really need to do those with diapers.

DH and I talked this afternoon, and we might shift our move up to this Saturday so that he can better help out. Eeeek!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 7:06:37 PM
Author: Blenheim
NF- what about BF babies (and vitamins)?

You should be giving him Tri-vi-sol. You can get it anywhere.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 10:11:19 AM
Author: natalina
Oh Fiery!!! She is so beautiful!!!! How sweet! She looks so precious! Thanks, too, for chiming in about the vitamins.

Does anyone have recommendations for cute nursing tops? I absolutely love the Boob Maternity nursing t''s that are just simple layered t''s with a panel that lifts up, but they are so pricy! Why is it everything else I find is so matronly looking? I ordered a couple of Milkshirt tanks to layer under non-nursing shirts I have that can lift up or open along the front, but can''t really find anything else. Any suggestions?

A couple silly questions, when you guys say ''EBF'' what is the E? ''Exclusively'' breast fed? ''Expressed'' breast fed (meaning pumped)? And what is a Dream feed?
I have a load from a company called Mamaway which I buy from their ebay shop. There are more products on the UK site, but they have a couple on the USA one too.

They are seriously nice and all the mummies I meet here have asked me where I get my tops from as they are super-discreet and look like normal clothes. I''ll happily wear them once I stop BFing. They also wash really well. Best of all, they aren''t expensive at all.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Quick question for anyone around. Sophia is 4 months (as of yesterday). Is baby oragel (orajel?) Ok? The pedi we saw yesterday (not her pedi) said she isn''t teething because she can''t see any teeth but I''m going with mommy''s intuition and say that she is. Her gums seems to really bother her and she spends all day pushing her tongue against it.

Anyway, is oragel ok or too strong for her?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If it's like our bonjela then it's fine - I was giving it to Daisy at 3 months. Although, the drooling and biting everything phase seems to have died down the last two weeks and still no teeth in view...

Oh, and I'm just loving being here at nearly 3am... DH had a fairly huge win in an online poker tournament tonight (3rd out of over 400 players) and managed to wake her up at 12.30 - she'd been asleep since 8pm - so we're now playing.
14.gif
I've told him he can take me away somewhere nice to make-up for it!

ETA: Daisy loved the stuff and would nearly take my finger off trying to eat it before I'd had a chance to rub it on her gums.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again to everyone re: vitamins.

Pandora- I will have to check out the Mamaway stuff, Thank you! Scary about Daisy and the soup, glad she is okay. How fun that your DH won big in the poker game!!! Definitely have him "make it up to you" that he woke Daisy up!
emotion-14.gif

Robbie- those pics of Jacks and Des are so cute! What handsome boys!!! Hope you and Sabine are having fun! You both look great!

CDT- sorry you are having to deal with prepping to go back to work. DH and I are starting to realize how hard that will be for us, too (when I go back). We can afford for me not to, but it''s such a big decision. So much to consider. I hope the transition goes smoothly for you.

Okay, ladies- I need some help/support. Ellie usually has a bath about 9pm, then eats and goes down about 10:30. She will wake up around 2am and 6am to eat, but otherwise sleeps til about 9am. This isn''t 100% consistent, but fairly. Anyway, last night I tried to shift the whole thing to the earlier session of feeding (bath around 6pm, then eat and down at 7pm) and it was a NIGHTMARE. We have been up all night. She isn''t sleeping soundly, keeps startling herself awake (even with the swaddle) and wants to eat every hour and a half. Even now I am holding her so she will stay settled. As soon as I lay her down she goes bonkers. This on top of the fact that I think I jinxed myself when I said BF''ing was getting better. She has started getting really rough, pulling on my nipples, sucking so hard and squirming the whole time so now I am so sore I don''t know what to do. If my shirt even brushes my nipples it brings tears to my eyes, let alone latching her on. I am seriously considering pumping (if I can stand it) for a couple days to let them heal.
So, do you think the nightmare night is due to trying to put her down earlier? And how do I transition her to an earlier bedtime?
And WHY is she getting so rough with BF''ing?
And should I pump to let my nipples heal? Or will I decrease my supply? And do I basically have to pump around the clock? I''ve only pumped twice, and both times I got 5 oz. which she drank in its entirety in one feeding (5oz each time not 10 at once). It seems like I need to wait until it''s almost time for her to eat so I''m "replenished" enough to get her a full feeding''s worth. Dare I supplement with formula while pumping like crazy to keep her happy and try to up my milk supply with the pump?

I know I am a rambling mess. Last night was ROUGH and I am so sore I''m kind of freaked out. I really do NOT want to stop BF''ing, but don''t know how long I can let her keep sucking on my nipples if they don''t heal! Sorry for the rant, but I am desperate for advice!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
How old is she now Natalina? That sounds like a growth spurt to me. There''s one around 3 weeks, 6 weeks, and 3 months.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
As for the bfing issues, I hate to sound like a broken record cause I always say this on her and the bump but I would highly encourage a visit to the LC before you start supplementing. There''s nothing wrong with it but it can affect your supply. And it is possible to heal your nipples with a proper latch but I couldn''t do it so I pumped. Nipples heal really quickly surprisingly.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ditto - sounds like a growth spurt to me as well.

The sore nipple thing is hideous - mine turned black at one point. I did used to pump when I couldn''t cope with the thought of putting them in her mouth. I also supplemented until nearly 5 weeks. Pumping them did give them a break and they healed pretty fast so I''d do one day pumping and then one day half and half and then tried EFB again.

Seriously, things will get better and breast-feeding will become much easier... right up till the point that they think turning round to look at the other side of the room without letting go is funny! So many of us spent weeks crying our eyes out over the early weeks of BFing and nearly all of us have got through successfully. If anyone had told me at the 3 week mark that a few weeks later I would be definitely considering bfing till two years - and feel sad at the thought of stopping - I would have considered them bonkers!

Definitely consider getting an LC to check that the latch is correct and just hang in there. Jack Newman''s site is also worth visiting as they have some great videos to check what you are doing looks right.

On the night-time schedule... I''ve never got one to stick for more than a week or so. Everytime they hit a growth spurt (every 4-6 weeks) or something changes (even the weather!) everything goes pear-shaped again.

At the moment I can put D down at 7.30 ish and know that she''ll almost certainly not be ''up'' up before I go to bed, although I''ll need to go in and feed her twice before I go to bed around 12.30. After that, it''s anyone''s guess... some nights she''ll sleep till 10 am waking up as necessary to feed. Other nights she''ll be wide eyed and bushy tailed at 5.30 am. No rhyme or reason to it. One of the reasons that we''ve gone from co-sleeping to bed-sharing is that at least I don''t have to settle her back down after she falls asleep and if she falls asleep on top of me then that is fine too, therefore maximising my amount of sleep.

I really sympathise, the main thing to remember is that you are doing a great job and things will change and will get easier in some ways and worse in others - try and enjoy and make the most of her being little (and not like carrying a sack of potatoes round)!

In the meantime {{{HUGS}}}

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, cdt! His eyes are actually gray. They started out as a dark slate gray, but they''ve lightened up and I''m really anxious to see if they''ll turn blue like DH''s or brown like mine. I feel like my life has been in fast forward since I got pregnant. It''s crazy how fast time flies now! Going back to work was definitely hard. I cried every night from about 6 weeks until I went back at 12 weeks. I expected to cry at work, but I didn''t. I was so busy at work that I didn''t have time to think about what I was missing. It was hardest at night after work when Des would only be awake for a few hours. Now that I''m caught up at work I do miss him during the day, but having a lot of pictures of him to look at helps. It also helps that my mom has skype so if pictures aren''t cutting it I can skype her and see and hear him. I just ordered a camera/microphone last week so he''ll be able to see and hear me soon too. Does your daycare have a webcam where you can watch the kids? I''ve heard some places do that. Des doesn''t seem to mind at all when I leave. He''s too interested in all the new things at grandma''s house to care. He''s also not too concerned with who''s holding him as long as he''s being held. I''m not sure if that''s just a difference in their personalities or if Des just hasn''t hit the attachment stage yet.

Blen, thanks! I''d love to do cloth, but DH is so against it. I even showed him the cute trial you can do for $10 where they send you some of the most popular kinds to try. He says we just don''t have time to do any more laundry and I guess he''s right since we really do have a hard time getting the 3 loads that we already do each week done. That''s so exciting that you might be pushing the move!

Thanks, natalina! I forget, is there a reason you''re trying to change her schedule? It sounds like she was doing pretty well with the old one and she seems to have her days and nights straight. The bad night could be from the change or it could just be a growth spurt. I second fiery''s suggestion of seeing an LC. If you want to keep EBFing, I wouldn''t supplement unless you absolutely have to. It will definitely mess with your supply. Have you tried rubbing breast milk on your nipples after you''re done feeding her and letting them air dry? That really helped mine to heal. That and the nipple shells when they got really bad. I think I walked around our house topless for the first month or so because my nips were so sore.

Apparently my great uncle''s kids are sick of all the secrecy and they''ve decided that they''re telling everyone about his surgery, so I can talk to my cousins about it now. My mom said it''s scheduled for this afternoon, so please keep him in your thoughts.

My boobs have not figured out this whole daylight savings thing. I had to pump a half hour early today or the left one was going to explode. The weird thing is I''m not really getting any more milk than I would have gotten if I just pumped at my regular time so I don''t know why I felt so engorged.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Who out there is still experiencing some of their pregnancy symptoms? I''ve still got super smell and this morning I had a nose bleed (never had those pre-preg!). I''d like for them to go away. Walking past Abercrombie, White Barn or Bath and Body Works in the mall makes me want to puke.
14.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Neat - Good to know the formula already has the vitamins he needs. thanks!!!

Blen - thanks for the reassurance that it''ll get better. Maybe I''m getting all the crying in now instead of later when I actually go back
3.gif
Good luck w/ your move!

Natalina - It''s definitely a hard decision if you have a choice. I mean, my DH and I have talked about me staying home and we probably could swing it. But we''d be living hand to mouth for a few years at least. And while we currently own a condo, we want to buy a house next year and that would definitely not happen if I were to stay home. And forget about saving for Lex. So yeah, it really is a no brainer when I right it out, but it still hurts
39.gif
Our current plan is to save as much as possible, buy a house and plan for me to stay home when we have our 2nd..probably in 2 or 3 years.

Robbie - I''m betting Des ends up w/ light eyes! They look super light in that last close up shot. Lex had grey eyes too, but darker than Des, his eyes are now definitely brown, but on the light side, I''m hoping they end up being hazel like mine. Thanks for chiming in about going back to work! My biggest fear is that I just won''t see him much during the week (because I really won''t!). He still goes to bed really early so by the time we get home it may leave about 2 hours before bedtime...if that! We just haven''t had any success in moving the bedtime back much, he has such a meltdown if we try to push it and then he ends up not sleeping well throughout the night, so we stopped trying for now.

The only preggo symptom I have still is the linea nigra line hasn''t gone away yet (wish it would!). And my hips still hurt especially if I''ve been sitting for awhile. Oh and the last 10 lbs I still need to lose
3.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Robbie, not to be a CD pusher, but both DH and I don''t like regular laundry but don''t mind diaper laundry. If you''re interested but just aren''t sure about that aspect of it, the most that you''d be out if you did the trial is $10.
2.gif
I took another look at the trial and is includes 12 diapers which is says is enough to CD full-time, but I find 20ish to be much more comfortable now that we''re out of the NB stage. Just something to keep in mind if you do decide to give it a try.

Oh, and my boobs also did not get the daylight savings time memo. I don''t think George did either - he was up and raring to go at 5:15.
14.gif

Natalina, I''ll add to the broken record with (a) the crazy schedule last night may be a growth spurt and (b) have you seen an LC? There were days early on that I just could not see myself going more than another day, but going a day at a time it finally got better and now I''m in the same boat as Pandora and am also considering going 2 years. And more hugs from me.

Date: 11/3/2009 11:43:35 AM
Author: robbie3982
Who out there is still experiencing some of their pregnancy symptoms? I''ve still got super smell and this morning I had a nose bleed (never had those pre-preg!). I''d like for them to go away. Walking past Abercrombie, White Barn or Bath and Body Works in the mall makes me want to puke.
14.gif
I still feel phantom kicks sometimes. It''s WEIRD.

Evidently in the 10 minutes that it took me to put G to sleep last night, DH and FIL decided that we''re moving on Friday. They went ahead and booked plane tickets and reserved stuff and everything. I was really pissed because I lose a full packing day with that schedule, and more importantly NO ONE called the title company to make sure that we''d be able to sign papers before then. The thought didn''t even cross their minds. I called at 9 am this morning, and they said that they didn''t have anything available until late Friday afternoon, but with huge amounts of pushing on my part they''re like 80% sure that they can rearrange some things and squeeze us in on Thursday.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m making my first posting while BFing attempt. So far so good.

I have switched to mostly single side feeding, and her poops have been yellower. I had an appointment with a LC today because when I told DH and my mom my plan to single-side feed, they were both like, "You''re going to change what you''re doing based on the internet?" And I was like, I''ve been saying for days that I thought her poop shouldn''t be green and no one was concerned, and now that I''m trying a style of feeding that lots of women adopt for various reasons, you''re suddenly concerned? So I made an appointment, but then her poops got yellower (ha! vindication!), so I cancelled it.

My DH is getting me a push present. He had asked me a month ago or so about my studs and pendant (he asked me what my "best" jewelry was), and I thought something might be on his mind, but then her birth came and went and I thought I must have been wrong. Then after we came home he gave me a card saying that he wanted me to design a piece of jewelry that would make me think of our sweet angel -- not that it had to be three strands woven together or a mother holding a baby or anything, just something that I would like. What I came up with is a small diamond (1/4 carat or so) in a petite YG tension or semi-tension setting for my right hand. He''s gotten in touch with a friend of a friend who is a jeweler and is going to pick up a CD from him tonight of some of his work. Apparently he has what I''m describing in WG right now so we can see what his work would look like. What I appreciate the most is how persistent DH has been in asking me if I''ve thought of what I want, if I''ve posted on here for advice/ideas, in contacting the jeweler, etc. He said that he tried to pick something out on his own but he couldn''t afford to buy me "better" studs or a pendant (which is true; we don''t want to spend more than $1k) and he knows how much fun I''ll have picking something out myself. Sweet man.

My mom left today, and as DH said, today is another one of those "first day of the rest of our lives" days. I really tried to get used to getting Claire BFing on my own and putting her down to get stuff done while my mom was here so it wouldn''t be a total shock when she left, but it was really nice having somebody doing laundry every day. With our generous friends and neighbors my mom only cooked us dinner one night (although she did make another recipe to freeze) and we only had her take Claire at night once, which was last night. Claire had been having these awake/fussy periods from the @9 o''clock feeding until the midnight one, so last night grandma took her during that time, which backfired because Claire slept soundly in Grandma''s arms and then was awake from midnight until 2.
20.gif
But at least with an afternoon nap and the stretch until midnight I was in ok shape to be up with her, and at least daddy got a good night''s sleep. He is willing to do all the diaper changes and burps over night, but if he''s sleeping soundly and I''m awake anyway, I try to just do it myself.

I did have a little meltdown last night with my mom. I asked her to make my favorite chicken dinner, which she has in her mind as my sister''s favorite. As the third baby (a "surprise" in their later years), it really seems like my mom forgets my likes/dislikes, etc. So anyway, mom announced she had made it without peas since she and my brother don''t like peas and only my sister does, and I was like, oh darn, I love the peas. Then after dinner when we were cleaning up, mom announced that she would be taking the leftovers up to my sister''s today. This was after she made me give my sister a bib I had with a pea on it because my sister "loves peas." There wasn''t even that much leftover, and I just had to say, "But mom! This is my favorite too! I was looking forward to the leftovers!" This is also after my mom originally said she was going to stay with me for 2 weeks after my C/S and then left today after 9 days to go help my sister with her baby. I told my sister about the chicken leftovers today, and she said she hoped I didn''t mind mom leaving me to help her, and I told her that honestly from the depths of my heart I do not mind, I just want my leftovers! My sister''s baby is really fussy and I''m able to go up and down stairs now, so I think it was time for me to be on my own. Plus my mom and I are really similar and I think sometimes that''s annoying. Like with the bib thing, she kept telling me I had too many baby clothes in such and such size and picking things out for me to give away/return. I mean, really, is it a crime to have too many? They were all gifts; it''s not like I''ve gone on a shopping rampage.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Blen, oh my goodness! Good luck getting everything done in time!

PG, yay for a push present! DH didn''t call it that, but I think my camera (which I actually got slightly before Des came) was kind of a push present. After all, it helped me to document all kinds of stuff about him.

I forgot to tell you guys about the conversation I had with my mom yesterday morning. She mentioned something about DS not being circumcised. I of course said, uh, mom...he is circumcised...what are you talking about?! She asked me if I was sure and I asked her if she had any idea what an uncircumcised penis would look like. She didn''t. So I had to explain. LOL. She assumed he wasn''t because we didn''t have a bris and because it looks "different" than my dad''s. Just how I wanted to start my Monday off, talking about my dad''s wiener. Eeeew. I had to tell her that he''s a baby, of course it looks different and I told her to google what an uncirc''d one would look like. I wonder if she did, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results