shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

lizzard

Rough_Rock
Popping out of lurkdom to comment on how ADORABLE all of your kiddos are! Pandora, Daisy is a beautiful little girl. PScopers produce some cute little babes, that''s for sure! I''m *hoping* to join this crew in a few weeks after I give birth to our first.

Anyway, back to lurking!
3.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery - I love when babies ''talk'' and the movements they make w/ their mouth
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Glad work is going well for you!

Pandora - It''s funny you say "devil" because she looks absolutely angelic! She''s seriously GORGEOUS! She''s going to be a heartbreaker
1.gif
And I love her outfit, so pretty!

Dreamer - I forgot to mention that I hope your move goes smoothly! Moving is a hassle, but also exciting!!!

Blen - congrats on selling your house!

So Lex decided to not nap at all this afternoon...I really don''t know what''s going on w/ him. He seems to have a lot of signs of teething, but I''m not feeling anything on his gums...but then, I''m not sure what I should be feeling anyway
3.gif

Fingers crossed the night goes well!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Hey ladies!

I had to share because I''m soooo excited!! I know some of you are on my facebook and probably saw the photos but Sophia finally lifted her head!!! I''m so proud of her

5.gif
We''re going to work on getting her to lift her head when laying down but we''re thrilled!

sophialiftshead123.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lysser! Calvin is so cute!

Blen, sorry about the accident, but yay for the house! Hope all goes smoothly!

DD, good luck with the move!

PJ, yay for crawling!

Fiery, glad compressions seem to be working and that you are surviving being back at work.

Nyc, enjoy the rest of your "vaca" even if it''s just a vaca from your regular routine!

Pandora, sorry you are having a hard time on your own...I totally feel for you about how hard it is. Dh has still only been home and awake for about an hour, during which he is doing other work, but him holding Jacks for a half hour while I get a few things done really does help compared to the nights he''s on call and gone all day/night.

Sorry for those I''m missing...I hear a baby stirring so I''m going to try to update quickly.

Jacks is 2 months! 12lbs 3 oz and 24 inches long! As his reflux keeps getting worse (he''s now spitting up hours after eating even in his car seat or bouncy seat and then crying from it) the pedi is having us put rice cereal in his bottles to thicken it. I didn''t want to do this as it tends to make babies more constipated and he is still only having 1 bm a day and having to strain to do that, but we are just going to have to counter the rice cereal by giving him more pear juice. I''ve taken to sleeping with him on my chest on the couch every night now, and am going to continue until dh is done with his surgery rotation probably. It''s going okay...the couch hurts my back a bit, but we''re both getting more sleep. However, in the early morning, he starts struggling and actually crying in his sleep with gas pain. It usually goes on for an hour or so with him crying for a few seconds, then nothing, then a few minute break, then crying again. He is still sleeping, but I definitely am not. Hoping his digestive system matures soon!

We''re still having issues with naps as well because I''ve been putting him down on his back at first because swaddling really helps him fall asleep. He will still only sleep for a half hour on his back, then I unswaddle him and put him on his stomach if I can get him back to sleep. I''ve been reading HSHHC, and I worry that his naps are not enough continuous sleep. Hopefully the rice cereal will help!

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Fiery YAY for lifting her head!! She is just adorable. I live in Central FL. So happy pumping is working out for you again!

35.gif
lizzard. Hope to see you here soon!

Pandora Daisy is BEAUTIFUL.

CDT what a cute baby!!! Axel is exhibiting the same signs of teething. Fussy, not napping, and refusing to finish his bottles. And he has always been a happy, easy going baby. Usually has 6oz at each feed, and has only been eating 4. It has been taking me an hour to feed him, so I started waiting 4 hours in between each bottle (vs 3.5 hrs) and he''s doing a little better. Hope everyone slept well last night.

Sabine awww, 2 months old! Glad you found something that works and is letting you both get more sleep. We were in the same boat months ago. It got better for us...it will get better for you! Fingers crossed for the rice cereal!

Axel has gotten so many bumps and scratches in the last few days. He''s pulling up on his bouncer--holding onto the half circle where the toys hang--hanging on like he''s tarzan, then falls straight back onto his head. Once that happened, I started putting pillows all around when he pulls up on things. His favorite thing to do is make a beeline for the XBOX which makes DH nervous if he''s in the middle of a game. I never actively try to stop Axel...secretly hoping he''ll turn the thing off. ha ha.

DH''s vacation starts today. Yippeeeee!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 10:16:27 AM
Author: PenelopeJane
Fiery YAY for lifting her head!! She is just adorable. I live in Central FL. So happy pumping is working out for you again!
My mom lives in Kissimmee!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday everyone!

DD - Good luck with the move! Moving stinks, but your first night in YOUR house will totally rock!

Blen - Yay for a contract on the house! That's great!

Fiery - Goo Sophia and her head lifting! And I'm glad to hear that pumping is getting better. I HATE doing it. HATE HATE HATE. But it is a necessary evil sometimes! Also, she's so cute! Her eyes are gorgeous!

Pandora - Daisy is just adorable!

Sabine - Congrats on two months! I'm sorry to hear that Jacks is still having troubles. You are doing a great job and finding some solutions that work for you. I'll be thinking mature digestion thoughts for you!

CDT - Lex is such a cutie! I love seeing his pics!

Ebree I'm just waiting for the hair loss to start. My hair got SO thick when I was pregnant with Calvin...I know it is going to fall out, but I've enjoyed my super thick hair!

Mela - Ya for sleeping through the night! I don't know what I'll do with myself when I get more than 4 hours at a time!

Penelope - Axel is adorable! Love the smiley pic!!

TDM - Sincere thanks for the reminder about appreciating Calvin while he's so little. I definitely do - even in the middle of the night...his little face just melts me! And I can't believe he's four weeks already! Time is definitely flying by!

I appreciate the BFing encouragement and thoughts. Honestly, although I'm glad I'm doing it, it is definitely difficult at times. Calvin has had some issues gaining weight...at this newborn doc visit he was dehydrated and not having enough pee diapers at all. We supplemented with a bit of formula and saw a LC and she gave us some good suggestions. Next visit, he'd gained well. The following visit, however, he had not gained enough so we were supplementing again, this time with milk I'd pumped to get my supply up. We were at the doc this past week and Calvin gained almost a pound in 11 days...so the doc was very happy. He's also started having at least one poo diaper a day. It is so strange...he doesn't strain to poo and they are always soft and yellow brown, like they should be...he's just not much of a pooper! ANYWAY, the whole breast feeding this is tough...but I think we are both getting the hang of it.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words about Mr. Calvin. We think he's just the cutest little doodle bug!

We are actually doing MUCH better with the sleeping. He's not a big napper during the day at this point, but *knock on wood* he sleeps well at night. Other than feeding, he basically sleeps from 10 to 8 - with two or three feeds in there. So we are happy. He was having some pretty serious day and night confusion for a bit...

I can't believe he's already four weeks old. So nuts.

I'm sure I'm missing folks, but
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
to everyone. Mr. Calvin is stirring and I've got to get a shower before DH runs off to work.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Blen - Woohoo for the house!

Pandora - Daisy always looks so sweet and innocent in her pictures, it''s hard to imagine her being a little devil!

PJ - Of course babies go trick or treating, so the parents can eat all their candy! We''ve had many babies come by our place, and our street is actually very friendly, so we want to take him aroudn and show him off a bit to the neighbors. We were considering the Yoda costume too, but my little sis worked at Baby Gap and was able to get a discount on the Old Navy one, so I think we''ll just stick with it. I do hope it''s cooler, Phoenix can still be mighty hot in October.

cdt - Kyle did go through a few stages of not eating as much. It could be the start of teething, it took over a month for Kyle''s first tooth to pop from when he started showing teething signs. As long as he''s happy, it probably isn''t an issue. You could try offering him a bottle a little more often with a smaller amount if you''re worried about his intake.

Fiery - I hope going back to work continue to go well for you. It is a bit nice to get a little break form constant mommy-hood, and I think it makes us appreciate the time we do have with your LOs.

sabine - Poor Jacks! I hope his reflux gets better soon!

I survived my first travel trip for work yesterday. At least it was just a day trip into LA and back to Phoenix, but it took 12 hours. I did miss my little guy, and DH had to play mister mom for a few hours, which I''m sure was good for him! I met one of my insurance vendors that has a 10 month old boy, she took me up to her cube to see pics of him, and it was amazing how much he looked like Kyle
9.gif
, and it gave us something to talk about also. Kyle''s now pulling himself up pretty well, and has only bonked his head a few times. He''s now turned into a bit of a thrill seeker, and likes to throw his head backwards and hang upside down. It''s cute, until he does it while on the changing table and almost dives off into the clothes hamper
38.gif
. I''ll probably have to start changing him on the floor soon since he''s so squirmy.

***Kyle is 7.5 months old***

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say HI MOMMIES!!!! Nothing since Friday I guess that is what happens when you put new moms all on a thread together!!!
9.gif

Everything is good here-boys are so funny now. They love to play with each other which is awesome for me. Max is crawling and pulling up-Dex can but chooses not to most of the time.
20.gif

House is being painted, working on school, things are nuts!

Hope you all are well!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering where everyone went too
33.gif

NF - things are going to be crazy for you once those boys learn to walk!

We took Kyle to a BBQ on Saturday, and there was another baby there 2 weeks younger than him. The other boy wasn''t crawling yet, so he was sitting up playing with a toy, and Kyle crawls over, snatches the toy, and crawled away with it! He did this several times, the little bully. At least the other boy didn''t get upset over it, he just watched Kyle crawl away and didn''t seem interested in following.

And diaper changing has now become a wrestling match
8.gif
for others with squirmers, how do you keep them down long enough the change a diaper and/or clothes? My mom''s advice was to sit on him (that''s a practical mom for you I guess!)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 1:26:42 PM
Author: MustangGal
I was wondering where everyone went too
33.gif

NF - things are going to be crazy for you once those boys learn to walk!

We took Kyle to a BBQ on Saturday, and there was another baby there 2 weeks younger than him. The other boy wasn''t crawling yet, so he was sitting up playing with a toy, and Kyle crawls over, snatches the toy, and crawled away with it! He did this several times, the little bully. At least the other boy didn''t get upset over it, he just watched Kyle crawl away and didn''t seem interested in following.

And diaper changing has now become a wrestling match
8.gif
for others with squirmers, how do you keep them down long enough the change a diaper and/or clothes? My mom''s advice was to sit on him (that''s a practical mom for you I guess!)

Yeah-it''s going to be interesting for sure!

As for the squirming we change the diaper and then I sit them on my lap to change their clothes. They seem to squirm less when they are upright. And we "stand up" to put on pants once they are around their ankles (they lean on me and I pull them up).

E B

Ideal_Rock
Mrs- Thank you for the sweet compliment, and thank you to everyone who shared their hair loss stories! It totally sucks, but I'm glad to know the end's in sight.

dreamer- Interesting! That could be. He's also comfort sucking a lot, so I think teeth are just around the corner. Well, a tooth, at least!

cdt- Happy 4 months, Lex! SO cute.

Pandora- Daisy is beautiful! I love her little romper.

fiery- Yay Sophia! She's darling. Such beautiful features. And look at all that hair!

LL- Calvin is absolutely adorable! And kudos for keeping up the BFing! I've heard it's normal for BF babies to be less frequent poopers after the first month.

Henry laughed for the first time today! Music to my ears. He's giggled in his sleep before, but this morning, I got a chuckle out of him by tickling him. My poor husband ran in all excited, but he wouldn't do it again.

What's everyone doing for Halloween costumes? I found the cutest little knit bear hats (with ears!) on etsy, so I might pair one of those with a brown long-sleeved onesie. H is too small for trick or treating, so we're just going to stay home and hand out candy to the hundreds of kids (or so it seems) in our neighborhood.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
ebree - we picked up a dragon contume for Kyle, but we also plan on taking him around, at least to the neighbors we know on our street. My mom also got him an oragne onesie that says "My First Boo" on the front if the costume is too much for him. Your bear idea sounds cute! And congrats on laughing, it only gets better
9.gif

NF - I''ll have to try the dressing while upright idea, he does seem happier sitting. The pants are a pain though, he kicks like crazy!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hey mommies!

NF: Go boys! I can''t believe they''ll be a year in just 2 more months (and some days...is that right? December?). Crazy, time flies by too quickly.

MG: That is so funny about Kyle!! He knows what he wants
2.gif

Ebree-Yay for a laugh
30.gif
. We bought Sophia a pumpking sleeper. Not sure if I''ll be getting a costume. If I do, I''m thinking this. If I do get it though, it''ll be just for pictures.

Nothing new here. She is holding up her head so well. On Sunday she lifted it up in her crib and stood that way for several minutes. I can only get a small laugh out of her when she is "drunk" (i.e. full from milk and just seconds away from passing out lol). She did roll on her side and I was soooo excited! We had a little bit of trouble over the past week or so getting her to sleep in her crib. Every night we had to move her to bed with me while FI slept in the living room. I had taken away her positioner but decided to put it back yesterday and she had a much better night.

Do you think 2 5oz bottles in a 10 hour period is too little? I feed her on demand so I don''t like telling MIL to feed her on a schedule but she ends up only getting 2 bottles. Then at night she''s waking every 2-3 hours and I think its due to not getting enough to eat during the day.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
hey mommies!

Ebree - the pic over in preggo thread is sooooooooooooooooooooo freakin cute!! I definitely regret not doing newborn pics, but at the time we were all adjusting and I was soo overwhelmed I didn''t do it..sucks. I''d love to have photos of him that small
39.gif

Fiery - how old is Sophia again? Lex has a 5 oz bottle every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day. He only gets 1 bottle in a 12 hour period at night. Does Sophia go 5 hours between feed during the day? Wow! I could never get Lex to do that. I would maybe give her one more during that time, but maybe not 5 oz??

Mgal - thanks for chiming on Re: refusing bottle. Lex just had a weird week last week. He eating fine this week, but still showing lots of signs of teething, but nothing yet!

Penelope - how old is Axel? Love his name btw...my DH wanted that on our very short list of names when I was preggo, but I was too chicken to pull the trigger...hehehe..I''m a nerd
9.gif
I''m hoping that if Lex is "teething" it doesn''t last months! we''ll see!

RE: halloween costumes...I really didn''t want to buy one since I think the $$ is ridiculous and I''m not sure Lex will wear anything, but my mom insisted. So she bought him his costume, but let me choose. He''s going to be an elephant...hahaha...the only thing is, is that it''s a super thick costume and NJ is so unpredictable in October. Some halloweens it''s in the low 70''s, some in the high 50''s...so if it''s hot that day, he''s so not going to be able to wear it as he sweats a lot normally. But he looked so cute when I tried it on him! I do have just a halloween jumper he can wear if it''s too hot though.

Here''s the photo from the website
9.gif

IC6006.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 3:27:03 PM
Author: cdt1101
hey mommies!

Fiery - how old is Sophia again? Lex has a 5 oz bottle every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day. He only gets 1 bottle in a 12 hour period at night. Does Sophia go 5 hours between feed during the day? Wow! I could never get Lex to do that. I would maybe give her one more during that time, but maybe not 5 oz??
She''s 3 months. That''s the confusing part. When she''s at home with me and I''m nursing, she goes every 2.5 to maybe at most 4 hours without eating. But at MIL''s she''s eating every 5. That doesn''t seem right to me. She says she is going based on hunger cues but I''m tempted to tell her to just feed her every three. I was giving her 4oz bottles before and MIL said it was enough but FI had to give her a bottle and he said that she was still really hungry afterwards. Sophia gets easily distracted so if she''s hungry (but not starving) and you start playing with her, she''ll forget all about it (again unless she''s starving).

Her "schedule" is basically:
Wakes up at some point in the early morning to nurse (sometimes 4am, sometimes 5am)
Nurse at 7am when I drop her off
Gets 2 bottles between the time I''m done nursing (usually 7:30) until 5
Third bottle before I get home (usually around 6:30-7pm)
Nurse all times after

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery - i would definitely give her more during the day if you want to eliminate those night feedings. Lex''s wake up time is really similar to Sophia. This is Lex''s schedule

1st feeding 4am or 5am (depends on the day) - 5oz
2nd feed 7am or 3 hours after the first - 5oz

He then gets 5 oz every 2 1/2 to 3 hours until about 4pm. It''s normally 3 hours, but sometimes he wants to eat sooner, so it may be 2 1/2 inbetween feedings.

His last bottle is at 6:00/6:30 also 5 oz. I kind of cluster feed the last bottle, so his last bottle is never more than 2 hours after the previous. So he eats at 4pm usually, he gets last bottle at 6:00 in bed by 6:30. so bedtime changes sometimes depending on how he ate during the day (last day bottle sometimes is at 4:30, so he gets bedtime bottle at 6:30, bed by 7:00)...but never later than 6:30 for last feed.

We are still doing a ''dream feed'' at 11:00pm..he gets only 4 oz then. We''ve tried to eliminate this one and some nights he can go w/out, others no way. Besides, this is the only feed DH does and he doesn''t see Lex at all except the morning (Lex goes to bed before he comes home), so DH wants to keep this feed as it''s his time w/ Lex.

I think the reason she''s up so much at night is because she may not be getting enough during the day. And I''ve probably said this before, but I REALLY think infants need to go to bed early. Up until recently Lex was in bed by 5:30, but we are slowly pushing it back since I go back to work next month.

I know it''s hard, since you want to see her...I honestly don''t know what I''m going to do when I go back because I see how little time DH gets to spend w/ Lex during the week and soon I''ll have a similar schedule
8.gif
But I really think Lex sleeps so well at night because he goes to bed early and he gets plenty of feeds during the day.

When Lex was 3 months he had the same schedule above except he only had 4 oz bottles then.

Hope that helps
9.gif

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

littlelysser thanks, BF can be tough and I hope it gets easier and easier for you!

Mgal glad your trip went well! Funny mental image about Kyle diving into the clothes hamper. What a funny little guy hanging upside down! And your neighbors are going to LOVE seeing Kyle on halloween. I know I would! Re: diaper changes--I have a new diaper opened and ready to go and usually make loud noises like raspberries or animal noises to get his attention and try to change him as quickly as I can!

Ebree SO cute Henry is laughing. The first time Axel laughed, I cried. I''m a sap.
3.gif

Fiery when Axel was BF he ate very often and couldn''t go longer than 3hrs w/o eating. I''ve heard that some babies who are BF will eat little or NONE when with a caregiver and wait to get all the nourishment when mommy gets home. Or she may have her days/night eating schedule mixed up since she is drinking 2 bottles in 10 hrs and then every 2-3hrs at night (it would be ideal the other way around). But to answer your Q, I personally think 2 5oz bottles is too little since she will have to eat more at night to make up for the day. CDT gave great advice/input!

CDT thank you! DH and I (mostly DH) had a hard time naming him Axel Anderson because my husband is William the 5th so it was a TOUGH call. Both family names, but 1 from father''s side and 1 from mother''s side (Axel). I left it up to DH but voiced my preferences, and am SO happy we agreed. Maybe if you have another boy he can be Axel. And it is cool that Lex is Axel spelled backwards minus the A. That elephant is SOOO cute! Please post pictures when halloween comes around! We cluster feed the last bottle, too. Axel eats at 7, 10:30, 2, 5:30 and again at 7 or 7:30 and in bed at 8. He wakes from his last nap around 5, so his last feed can''t be at 5:30. Not looking fwd to introducing solids and messing up the schedule!

Costumes DD wants to be Snow White so we may have Axel be Dopey but there are NO dopey baby costumes to be found locally. I looked on Ebay and the only ones on there are $100! Ridiculous and NO WAY am I paying that much for something that''s going to be worn for 3 hrs. I could make him a dopey costume, but If I become uninspired, we''ll probably do supergirl and supermanbaby.

Axel turned 6 months old yesterday! He is now crawling full time, pulls up to standing, and attempting to cruise but usually falls on his butt or head after 2 steps. He''s sleeping terribly at night, waking 3-4x for his pacifier. I REALLY hope this tooth comes through soon. He''s getting shots tomorrow so I will post his stats later!

Hope all the mommies and babies are doing great!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fiery I do think she needs to eat more often than that. Tell MIL to offer it to her more often and see if she takes it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. I am going to tell her tomorrow to feed her every 3 hours. I don't like the idea of putting her on schedule feedings but it is possible that MIL isn't reading her cues correctly. I also do think, PJ, that she is getting her days/nights confused because she's eating so little during the day. I leave her with 4 bottles and expect her to drink all 4 but she always sends two home.

CDT-You are right about her sleep schedule. We have her going to bed at 9pm but she is demanding an earlier bedtime. Last night I got home at 7:15, nursed, and she was asleep by 7:45 (
7.gif
). She couldn't keep her eyes open anymore.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 5:36:16 PM
Author: fiery
Thanks ladies. I am going to tell her tomorrow to feed her every 3 hours. I don''t like the idea of putting her on schedule feedings but it is possible that MIL isn''t reading her cues correctly. I also do think, PJ, that she is getting her days/nights confused because she''s eating so little during the day. I leave her with 4 bottles and expect her to drink all 4 but she always sends two home.

CDT-You are right about her sleep schedule. We have her going to bed at 9pm but she is demanding an earlier bedtime. Last night I got home at 7:15, nursed, and she was asleep by 7:45 (
7.gif
). She couldn''t keep her eyes open anymore.

She doesn''t have to force her to take it if she doesn''t want it-but she should offer it and if she''s hungry she''ll drink it!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, cdt...totally making me feel like Jacks is a little chunker! He is on the exact same feeding schedule as Lex and he''s only 2 months! In fact, I think he gets one more bottle a day, although he doesn''t always finish that one. He gets a 5 oz. bottle sometime between 4 and 5 AM, one between 7-8, and then every 2.5 to 3 hours. His bedtime varies, but if he eats at 6-6:30, he will usually only catnap until eating again before finally going down for the night between 8:30-9. We tried making his bedtime earlier, but he wasn''t having it. I was reading hshhc, and I think babies might not be ready for the early bedtime until closer to 3 months.

Did I update taht our dr. wanted us to put rice cereal in Jacks''s bottles for his reflux? Well, we tried it, and it did help with the reflux, but not with allowing him to sleep on his back. AND it made him more constipated even though we were giving him juice to counteract that, so I basically decided we aren''t going to do that anymore.

His schedule has really been all over the place. For a few days he wouldn''t nap for more than 30 minutes no matter what, then today he took a 2 hour nap on his tummy. He''s still sleeping on my chest at night, and it seems to be working well as he has only been waking up to eat once (last night he slept from 9 to 4:30!).

Lysser, how''s the bfing going?

MG, glad you survived your trip! I can''t imagine what changing a mobile baby must be like. I have to admit, I''m not looking forward to that as Jacks is currently really well behaved on the changing table...it seems to calm him down.

Neat, so cool taht your boys have each other to play with! That must be great to see!

Ebree, yay for laughter! Jacks has actually laughed a few times now. It''s not a giggle though, more of a chuckle.

Fiery, yay for her holding her head up! Love that pic of her! I would try to get your mil to try to feed her more during the day as well.

I''m so excited, it looks like I''ll be taking Jacks to visit Robbie and her family for Halloween!!! Dh is going oot for 10 days, so I''m going to undertake my first trip back to Pittsburgh with Jacks and the dog. We''re staying with Robbie because neither my or dh''s family have the equipment we would need, and it''d be impossible to take it all, but I will get to see our families as well. I''m super nervous about the car ride though (normally about 8 hours from here...)
I just got Jacks one of the sleeper costumes from Walmart (the monkey!).

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery - I agree w/ Neat just offer, doesn't mean she'll want it, but I think 5 hours between daytime feedings is too long. Lex had his nights and days mixed up in the beginning too. I'm sure you're doing most of this stuff, but what we did was his night feeds were only done in his room, no lights and NO TALKING...hehehe...DH used to get so mad at me (in a teasing way) because I was so adamant about that rule and he wanted to interact w/ Lex and I wouldn't allow him. I would literally go into the room if I heard DH talking to Lex and shish him...hehehe... Now, since Lex knows it's nightime/bedtime we can interact w/ him a little, but I still do those night feedings in his room. I never do his daytime feedings in his room...always somewhere else. And like I said before I know how hard it must be since you don't see her much, but if you want her to sleep more at night I think you have do an earlier bedtime...but maybe not, it's just my opinion
1.gif

Penelope - Well Lex's full name is Alexander...so there's the 'A'...hehehe.....names are so hard, we had NO clue what we were going to name him when we went to the hospital, he actually didn't get a name until he was almost 2 days old. But the funny part was that in the very beginning of my pregnancy I liked Zander, DH wanted Lex. We ended up w/ Alexander...hehhee....so really he could have a nickname of Zander if I wanted
11.gif
But I can't imagine him being anything but Lex now.

Sabine - well in the beginning we were feeding Lex WAY more...like 4 oz bottles at 1 1/2 - 2 months, but the Dr's insisted that was contributing to the gas and reflux. And sure enough once we cut back a little he started getting better
4.gif
We were also told to add rice...it made his gas way worse so we stopped. And once I started a few weeks ago giving him cereal, I skipped rice altogether and went straight to oatmeal...he loves it! And we've had no problems w/ gas anymore. RE: the eating...what I noticed w/ Lex is that I think a lot of his crying in the beginning was actually us feeding him TOO much! I don't want to tell you how much to feed Jacks, since every kid is different, but the guideline I used was 2 to 2.5 oz of formula per lb of kid
9.gif
I always did the 2.5, recently we are more inbetween the 2-2.5 oz. So I would calculate his total for the day, and always feed smaller bottles more often. So he's really never gone more than 3 hours w/out eating during the day. Rarely he'll go 4, but that only if he missed a nap or something.

And how is Robbie??? I was thinking about her the other day! I hope she and Desmond are doing well!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
hi dd!
35.gif

just dropping by to see how everyone is doing. the months before leon''s delivery (2/22) were insanely hectic. my 7-month old is an intense, crawling, babbling, non-stop active, sleep-resistant little guy, so i''ve had to conserve my energy for dissertation writing and give up pretty much everything else.
7.gif
i''m not sure how two introverts produced such an extroverted infant, but it''s been crazy wonderful even when i''ve wanted to bawl my eyes out from fatigue and frustration.

i''m happy to see that everyone is doing well, and hopefully i can drop by once in awhile. it''s going to take me a long time to read through the archives, phew!
23.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Erica! I was wondering what ever happened to you! Congrats on little Leon!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hello!
Sabine I hope things are going better! I was thinking of Robbie the other day too. I hope she is doing well. It would be cool if she joined this thread! Oh, and A was a little snuggler who didn't want to sleep anywhere but in our arms for a while and it wa very hard, but he did grow out of it and got used to his bassinet (the Amby Baby bed I mentioned earlier) and then his crib.

Mrs hi! Did you say that you and Sage volunteered at a retirement home? If so, can you tell me more about that? I was thinking it might be a fun thing to do with A. I'd like to do volunteer work now that I have more time, but it would have to be something that I can do with A (since paying for a babysitter to volunteer just won't work!)

Fiery I agree, that sounds like not enough milk. No harm in offering it more often to see how she does, right?

Pandora Love the photo of Daisy!

Sorry, I am missing nearly everyone - I always read this thread but when it comes time to post, it's hard to remember what I wanted to say!

About us... This is just a delightful age. A is 6 months old now, and just such a joy. He's a lot more mellow than he ever was as a newborn, and so interactive too. I just finished up the part time work I was doing for my long time employer. It feels kind of weird not to be running to the computer to work when A naps. It is a relief, overall, though. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to SAH with him at least for now. I'm sure I'll want to go back to work eventually and I just hope someone will hire me when that day arrives!

Does anyone know at what age is it safe to put baby to bed with a blanket? Seems like we either need very warm PJs or something for winter, if it's not safe yet!

Also, what do you all do about footwear? So far A is just wearing socks, but when it gets colder, I bet that he will need shoes... but it seems silly to wear shoes when you don't walk! I don't know where to shop for them or what size even to try. Someone gave me a pair of Robeez so I guess we can start with those, although I must admit I think they are not great looking....

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
OH! Halloween. We got an adorable dinosaur costume made by Carters. It''s definitely a costume, but it''s a lot more streamlined and simple than most of their costumes. In fact it''s not too different from their fleecey one piece outfits, so I think if necessary he could wear it on a cold day (at least at home) and not look ridiculous. I want to get his photo taken, or do it at home, and then have some postcards printed with the pic and "Happy Halloween, Love A (6 months)" and send them to friends and family. I need to get on that ASAP!

I was at Carters today buying a gift and it was fun to be on the girl''s side of the store!

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
cdt I love the name Alexander. Very cool that you morphed your and DH''s favorite names! I need to remind myself to call Axel by his name when talking to him if I want him to know his own name! We constantly call him bubs, bubsy, bubby, little man, etc!

fiery hope little Sophia''s schedule gets back on track.

TDM Am unsure about when to start using blankets. I''m going to the pedi tomorrow and will ask her. As for shoes, I used the soft/flexible kind for DD (also great for babies beginning to walk)...will do the same with Axel when the time comes/to complete an outfit. Target is a great place for them. They are the "Pre-Walk" ones. Sorry I don''t know how to put a live link in.

http://www.target.com/Boys-Pre-Walk-Shoes-Slippers-Newborn/b/ref=sc_fe_l_3/189-2435096-2340612?ie=UTF8&node=1250317011

DH is still on vacation so am sneaking in PS time here and there, but I''ll make sure to come back with the blanket Q from pedi. Time to hit the hay!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
TDM - I''ve used blankets since Daisy was born. She wears a sleepsuit and then I put a blanket over her. I use bamboo blankets as they are better for keeping them at the right temperature and I put it up as far as her armpits.

I didn''t know there was a reason not too? Here we are told to use blankets or gro-bags, but no pillows or duvets.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
TDM - we''ve been using a light blanket since the beginning like Pandora...I don''t know when it''s ''ok'', but it''s worked for us just fine. I''m sooooooooooooo envious you get to SAH. I go back to work Nov 30th and I''m already so upset over it
39.gif
We have to put him in daycare since we have no family close and while I do have a good ''feeling'' about the place, it just breaks my heart that strangers will be w/ our son more than mommy and daddy. Totally sucks. The only thing I''m looking forward to about going back is the money and nice clothes
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results