shape
carat
color
clarity

Pros/Cons to LM PINK Halo Engagement Ring

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Kenny. If you don't want to ask her can you have a friend of hers do some digging for you? I really would not get something so taste-specific as a pink halo for an engagement ring unless I knew 100% that was what she really wanted.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
If you know she loves halos, then I'd go with white.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think that she sounds like an amazing girl, and truly believe that whatever you decide to surprise her with, she will treasure it! And I think that it's probably good that she didn't good into law, I would hate to think that she wouldn't be taken seriously with her pink halo! :rolleyes: And I sure hope there isn't anyone else around here with a pink halo hoping to be taken seriously. :sick:

I personally can't wait to see what you decide. So.....when are you thinking of making that decsion?? :naughty:

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I know a lot of women who tell their significant others that they will be happy with whatever they give them (it's not as common in real life for the woman to participate in selecting the ring as it is on PS), but I would wager to guess that the vast majority of them fully expect that "whatever you give me" will be a traditional engagement ring with white diamonds. Although there are many beautiful rings that are not traditional e-rings with white diamonds (and the LM ring you posted is certainly a beautiful ring), I would never suggest giving one unless the future Mrs. has given some indication of a preference for that type of ring. While the pink halo ring is lovely, I would absolutely not want it for my engagement ring. I would love to receive a pink diamond band as a gift or a ring with pink diamonds as a RHR, but those are not rings I would wear every day. I like pink, but not enough to wear it every day on my engagement ring. I think the woman who wants a pink engagement ring has to really, really love pink. If your gf is that girl, in my opinion it would be really clear. Does she wear pink every day? Have a pink room? Pink purse? If not, then I personally would not choose the pink halo.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can't choose something so distinctive without getting her input. Its not fair to her. She says she will like whatever you pick, but may never in a million years have fathomed that you would like something like this!

Why not look over the LM website together and show her some rings including this one? Or take screenshots of some styles and get her opinion.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1310267468|2965788 said:
You can't choose something so distinctive without getting her input. Its not fair to her. She says she will like whatever you pick, but may never in a million years have fathomed that you would like something like this!
Why not look over the LM website together and show her some rings including this one? Or take screenshots of some styles and get her opinion.

Couldn't agree more. I adore pink diamonds but I don't like pink halos. I have both as I said earlier and I don't wear my pink diamond halo other than as a RHR.

Choose together. The fact that she's getting an LM ring and will be able to speak with the man crafting it will be a wonderful experience in itself and, being in the fashion industry, I'm sure she'd enjoy the whole experience.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
antelope1|1310070334|2964084 said:
<snip>

But if she's into fashion, and you have the money for a LM setting period, why not let her design the setting with him? It would be an extra meaningful gift that way -- you're enabling her artistic dreams!

I love this idea to let her to design the ring setting and enable her artistic dreams.

But.... I'm not sure Leon is the right person to do this with.

I've never used him or even had any contact with him, but from threads I've read on here over the past couple of years, he can be very temperamental and can get very impatient if his own artistic vision is queried. Not always, but a few times too many for comfort IMO.

As your girlfriend works in fashion she will probably have some quite definate artistic thoughts and it could end up being a clash of personalities. Just a thought. There are a lot of other vendors mentioned on Pricescope that could give assist with enabling your girlfriend to design the setting without the drama that may come from Leon and still give a very high quality product.

Have you looked at the McTeague & McClelland website? This design could be beautiful with pink accent diamonds and you could even switch up the gold colours - maybe use rose gold for the petals?

Anyway good luck and much fun whatever route you go.
Mac

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results