shape
carat
color
clarity

Proof That Obama Is An Elitist-He Uses Grey Poupon Mustard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 10:53:48 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Date: 11/11/2008 10:49:40 PM

Author: Linda W

Date: 11/11/2008 10:42:25 PM

OMG Dee, you are cracking me up!!!!!

Date: 11/11/2008 10:36:26 PM

Dee, what kind of artichoke hearts??? Marinated or packed in water??? I love the marinated kind. I know they are fattening, but the ones packed in water tastes icky
14.gif

They are marinated. They actually taste like (dare I say it?) upscale dill pickles!
9.gif

Yep, marinated artichoke hearts are The Best!!! Where in California is your hubby????

LOL... would I be a bad wife if I said I have no idea? I actually thought he was in Dallas but that appears not to be the case, ha ha...

(Then again, last week he thought I was in Brazil rather than Peru for the first four days of my trip. By the time he figured it out I was already in Ecuador anyway. Maybe we need to start giving each other our itineraries.
20.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 10:53:48 PM

Date: 11/11/2008 10:49:40 PM

Date: 11/11/2008 10:42:25 PM

Date: 11/11/2008 10:36:26 PM

Dee, what kind of artichoke hearts??? Marinated or packed in water??? I love the marinated kind. I know they are fattening, but the ones packed in water tastes icky
14.gif

They are marinated. They actually taste like (dare I say it?) upscale dill pickles!
9.gif

Yep, marinated artichoke hearts are The Best!!! Where in California is your hubby????
LOL... would I be a bad wife if I said I have no idea? I actually thought he was in Dallas but that appears not to be the case, ha ha...

(Then again, last week he thought I was in Brazil rather than Peru for the first four days of my trip. By the time he figured it out I was already in Ecuador anyway. Maybe we need to start giving each other our itineraries.
20.gif
)
Dee, I am with ya gal. Hubby travels so much, I have no clue where he is half the time. The kids call me and ask where is Dad?? He goes from the east coast to the west coast in a nano second. Often he starts out if FLA and then flies to CA. I get dizzy just thinking about it. So feel for you..
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 6:46:50 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 11/11/2008 6:41:55 PM

Author: Ellen

Date: 11/11/2008 5:36:54 PM

Ellen,

I am going to make you a special one and add corn to it.
9.gif
26.gif
lol.gif
slap4.gif

LOL
9.gif

eta: Linda I had a tuna sandwich with cheese and I thought it was pretty good. I don''t know about hot tuna though. hehe

Skippy, it''s really good, it gets creamy
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
My post got lost to Dee
23.gif
. I was going to say, with that much traveling, it would be hard to keep track.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you guys put mustard in your mac and cheese?

I made tuna salad and then ended up having shrimp cocktail, cheese (goudas) and crackers (saltines) for dinner.

I know. I''m a bad PSer.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No mustard in mac & chz...bacon, yes.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2008 1:55:10 AM
Author: FrekeChild

I made tuna salad and then ended up having shrimp cocktail, cheese (goudas) and crackers (saltines) for dinner.

I know. I'm a bad PSer.
Yep but it has to be English mustard powder - no other.

Julie, bacon is good too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How do you guys make your mac n cheese? Box or by hand? If the latter, what cheese do you use? I make mine with Monteray-Jack (among other things).
18.gif

And does no one have an opinion on Obama''s favorite food being chili?? Not very elitist.
25.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
ok, i saw corn in tuna (WTF?!?!)

now we''re on mac n cheese? i just read a story that Chelsea Clinton loved that when she was in the WH and would only take the kind from the blue box.

so did tenfour ever come back with that salmon recipe? i''m seriously waiting on that!!

and i am still in desperate need of a tuna sandwich.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 8:44:55 AM
How do you guys make your mac n cheese? Box or by hand? If the latter, what cheese do you use? I make mine with Monteray-Jack (among other things).
18.gif

And does no one have an opinion on Obama''s favorite food being chili?? Not very elitist.
25.gif
Never from a box. I make mine with lots of different cheeses, always a very sharp cheddar and then usually a gruyere or parmesan. I always add a little bit of dry mustard and Worcesteshire. I think that makes a difference.

I''m currently trying to find a recipe that I saw in a magazine for corn pudding with goat cheese. I make corn pudding every year for Thanksgiving, Christmas, that is delicious, but this recipe looked even better. If anyone knows where I can find it, please help!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 4:11:35 AM
Author: Lorelei

I know. I'm a bad PSer.

YUM, Lorelei, that sounds good and I used it before in mac n cheese!

The best mac I have ever made used gouda cheese, cheddar a little English Mustard powder and bread crumbs baked on top. Another time I made a great mac and cheese from the Lady and Sons recipe. She uses sour cream and lots of cheddar and that was super duper creamy, yummmmmy! Dang, all the calories in mac n cheese or I would eat it everyday. hehe Trader Joe's has a really good frozen mac and cheese and I am not kidding.
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mac and cheese is good, thanks Skip - yours sounds yummy!!

El, I make mine myself, never use the box stuff. I make a white sauce with butter, flour and milk, add the mustard powder and lots of strong cheddar. I mix this into the cooked drained macaroni, sprinkle more grated cheddar over the top then brown it in the oven.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 11:33:48 AM

El, I make mine myself, never use the box stuff. I make a white sauce with butter, flour and milk, add the mustard powder and lots of strong cheddar. I mix this into the cooked drained macaroni, sprinkle more grated cheddar over the top then brown it in the oven.
Wowzers, sounds delicious!!!!
18.gif
So you make a bechamel sauce? Lots of stir/wisking, yummmmmmy!!!

eta: I love lots of cracked pepper on my mac and chesse. Oh no, I wish I didn't see this thread because now I am dying for mac n cheese.
39.gif
2.gif
11.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mustard in mac and cheese? I think I have to leave this thread now...
6.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 9:45:45 AM
Author: MoonWater
ok, i saw corn in tuna (WTF?!?!)

now we're on mac n cheese? i just read a story that Chelsea Clinton loved that when she was in the WH and would only take the kind from the blue box.

so did tenfour ever come back with that salmon recipe? i'm seriously waiting on that!!

and i am still in desperate need of a tuna sandwich.
That is only in England, so no worries. hehe

I like mustard powder and just a little to bring the flavors out. I never put mustard in; that sounds a little weird but you never know. I love a dash of paprika for color but just a little.

eta: off to make breakfast, I am so craving mac n cheese. Anyone love love left over mac? That is my favorite!!!
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a couple mac recipes but neither uses mustard. The other one uses dry ranch dressing, sour cream and cracker crumbs among other things. I don''t make it often but it''s tasty.

Should we start a thread?
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lorelei, this is exactly how I make mine!!! My grandboys (hubby included) gobble it up. It turns out so creamy doesn''t it?
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 11:47:55 AM
Mustard in mac and cheese? I think I have to leave this thread now...
6.gif

LOL Dee, it is quite good. It is just a litte and it gives it just a tiny tang to it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2008 12:16:05 PM

Lorelei, this is exactly how I make mine!!! My grandboys (hubby included) gobble it up. It turns out so creamy doesn't it?
18.gif
It does! Really creamy and flavoursome!!! And the stronger the cheddar, the better the result!

And Dee, Linda is spot on, you only use a little mustard and it brings out the flavour of the cheese and just gives a little tang, almost strengthens the flavour of the cheese.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2008 12:01:23 PM
I''ve got a couple mac recipes but neither uses mustard. The other one uses dry ranch dressing, sour cream and cracker crumbs among other things. I don''t make it often but it''s tasty.

9.gif
If we can have a lard thread, we can have a mac and cheese one - go for it!
25.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2008 11:26:03 AM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/12/2008 4:11:35 AM

I know. I''m a bad PSer.

YUM, Lorelei, that sounds good and I used it before in mac n cheese!

The best mac I have ever made used gouda cheese, cheddar a little English Mustard powder and bread crumbs baked on top. Another time I made a great mac and cheese from the Lady and Sons recipe. She uses sour cream and lots of cheddar and that was super duper creamy, yummmmmy! Dang, all the calories in mac n cheese or I would eat it everyday. hehe Trader Joe''s has a really good frozen mac and cheese and I am not kidding.
3.gif
So true! I think there are 4 types of cheese in there, if I recall correctly! And, it''s definitely an entree for two! So rich and creamy.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, this thread cracks me up and makes me hungry!

I''ve nothing to add but just wanted to pop in and say that I''ve enjoyed looking at everyone''s new holiday avatars!
3.gif
So cute!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2008 1:45:58 PM
Author: panda08
Oh my gosh, this thread cracks me up and makes me hungry!

I''ve nothing to add but just wanted to pop in and say that I''ve enjoyed looking at everyone''s new holiday avatars!
3.gif
So cute!!!
You should pop on over to Hangout to get your panda some holiday flair!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 12:22:34 PM

Date: 11/12/2008 12:01:23 PM

9.gif
If we can have a lard thread, we can have a mac and cheese one - go for it!
25.gif
We do?!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, where in the world is the lard thread???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 8:41:07 PM
Ok, where in the world is the lard thread???
I want to see it too. I am all for starting a Mac and Cheese thread, would love some good recipes, mustard or no mustard....
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha Lisa, do you put mustard in yours???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 8:57:02 PM
I''ve never made it.... Is that sad or what?? But if I do, would skip the mustard.....
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 9:11:59 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 11/12/2008 8:57:02 PM

I''ve never made it.... Is that sad or what?? But if I do, would skip the mustard.....
3.gif

Well, yes, Miss Lisa, that is pretty sad, ha ha ha. I never made mine with mustard either. Then I saw a recipe that called for a dab of it. I loved it ever since. You can''t really taste it. Just gives the dish a little tang.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results