shape
carat
color
clarity

Project Runway: Season 5 **may contain spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 4:59:05 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Didn''t want to chime in until i sad seen the episode. Viewed it off my DVR last night.

Oh my, WHAT is up with Blayne? Have the UVA rays fried his brain? That diaper was UGLY

Hard to pin down any standouts- it''s too early for that. But I did LUV the yellow kimono thingie from Korto. She''s got style.

The producers and Bravo are in court about the switcheroo to Lifetime. Dunno what''s gonna happen there, but I heard a rumor that Bravo is intentionally ''dumbing down'' this season in case it does move to Lifetime.
38.gif

didn''t blayne''s diaper just look like it''d give her a rash?!
23.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Blayne has to go. That was freakin retarded! Personally I''m more interested in seeing what biker chick can do in future challenges than the raincoat guy.
I''m glad they ousted him instead of her.

I just love how EVERYONE ran for table cloths - like Helllllllo!?! Have you never watched this show before people???

The blue cup dress was pretty awesome I gotta say.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love PR. I was disappointed by how uncreative everyone was though. Agree the plastic cup was great. Love the dress that won. Diaper dress...icky. I also loved Nina''s comment about the slasher outfit. That was HORRIBLE!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
oh, i was hoping that this thread would be hoppin'' today. c''mon, gals!

any thoughts about last night''s episode? although i liked suede''s dress, it wasn''t my favorite (then again, i''m not in the target demo!) i so wish that he''d stop talking in the third person.

too funny that they took a step back from blayne- no FABULOUSNESS this time around!

was anyone else surprised that stella was in the top 3? i so didn''t like her one-sleeve wonder.
38.gif

i''m sure things are gonna get better as the season progresses... it''s a bit MEH right now.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 12:05:39 PM

any thoughts about last night''s episode? although i liked suede''s dress, it wasn''t my favorite (then again, i''m not in the target demo!) i so wish that he''d stop talking in the third person.

too funny that they took a step back from blayne- no FABULOUSNESS this time around!

was anyone else surprised that stella was in the top 3? i so didn''t like her one-sleeve wonder.
38.gif

i''m sure things are gonna get better as the season progresses... it''s a bit MEH right now.
Agree with the highlighted part. Not my favorite.

Blayne, definitely used quite a few -ness''s throughout the show... very annoying.

This show was better than last week, I have to say that. The only thing I didn''t like was how once you got to the runway, it was the FIRST time I saw half the garments. I feel like the show just isn''t being directed as well as it has in past seasons.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 1:31:32 PM
Author: meresal
Date: 7/24/2008 12:05:39 PM

38.gif

Agree with the highlighted part. Not my favorite.

Blayne, definitely used quite a few -ness''s throughout the show... very annoying.

This show was better than last week, I have to say that. The only thing I didn''t like was how once you got to the runway, it was the FIRST time I saw half the garments. I feel like the show just isn''t being directed as well as it has in past seasons.

I agree about the editing. It''s kind of a bore until the last 15 minutes since they aren''t giving much time to the actual garments.

I also hated that one sleeve shiny laced-up mess. I couldn''t believe she was top 3. I loved Suede''s dress, but I''m known for having a weird taste in clothes. I would buy it if I had anywhere to wear it! I really hated a lot of the pieces, though. They should all be able to make a phenomenal cocktail dress! I mean, come on!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved Suede''s dress ... thought it was the most inventive by far. As was the previous winner''s coffee filter & vacuum bag dress. Kensey''s was pretty & MUCH easier to mass-produce (which is why I thought she''d win) but I''m glad they picked the funkiest/prettiest/most interesting dress over the "make-the-client-happy" one.

LOL moment of the night for me. "my TV is made of leh-thaaar. my husband is made of leh-thaaaaar." and then "i love you Leatherface" from (whodathunkit) Blayne.

Did they actually SAY Stella''s dress was in the top 3? They said "best & worst" -- could she have been a contender for the WORST?
14.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Deco, Stella''s was one of the ones they liked. They didn''t like the two brown satin mini skirts (horrible executed) and then Korta''s flappy dress (just misguided idea).

I didn''t care for the design, but I think the execution was why they liked Stella''s.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
All I have to say regarding last night''s episode is - if you are going to be on PR...Please don''t wear shorts and crocs!
38.gif
I think he may have been eliminated on that point alone! haha....

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m really beginning to love the girls this season--even the biker chick is amusing me lately (though I can only stomach her whining by yelling at the TV). They''re all kind of divided into groups of two: the retro girls, the geeky girls and the urban girls. I love them all. I especially heart geeky. The boys?? Eh.

And while Blayne''s "I watch leather TV" comment made me giggle, I immediately hated him again when he called Tim "Timlicious". I wonder if Tim ever thinks "I''m too awesome to put up with this shit."

I hope Tim never says "Holla at your boy" again.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Did you hear that Wesley (the guy with the shorts who was eliminated last week) and Daniel are dating!?!

Also, Blayne is so annoying- I think he''s trying to create a catch phrase for the show like Christian did last season (fierce, hot mess, etc). However, Christian was just being himself and Blayne is just annoying)!

I was hoping Jennifer would get cut last night, she just bores me and I think Emily would have more interesting stuff later on. Anyway-

I LOVE this show- can''t wait for next week!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just thought i''d resurrect this thread as we''re getting close to the end of the season.

If you need to catch up on the episodes and don''t want to know more.... STOP READING!

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
And there there were five:
Jerell
Kenley
Korto
Leanne
Suede

Any wagers on who will be in the final three?
my money is still on Korto. joining her at Bryant Park will be Jerell and Leanne. Although Kenley could slip in there as a dark horse. But honestly, her avant-garde "creation" was UGLY- she should''ve gone home for that.

OK- last episode... it was between Suede and Joe. Both outfits were bleh. I like Joe, and was sad to see him leave, but he really didn''t have the chops for this competition. And the fact that he didn''t take his client''s career into consideration was a mistake.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Leanne and Korto for sure. After that, flip a coin?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 1:19:04 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Leanne and Korto for sure. After that, flip a coin?
Ditto. It''ll either be Kenley or Jerrell (I''m betting Jerrell after this last week. That was a great outfit!). Kenley isn''t experimental/varied enough for me to have faith in her as a designer. It''s all the same.

Leanne and Korto, though, always fascinate me. I can''t wait to see what they come up with on the runway!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I have def. fallen for mister Jerell! His last two outfits were amazing!!

I used to kinda really like Kenley but she''s been driving me NUTS lately! Like, shut it, and take some criticism and make something OTHER than a ''vintage dress'' (sorry for Kenley fans, just ranting here!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results