shape
carat
color
clarity

princess VS. Radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi ,

I have had my heart set on a princess cut.....but, after reading a few other posts I was wondering if you guys could tell me what''s the difference (besides the obvious shape) between a princess, radiant, or this Lucere??

I would really like my ring to have v cap prongs.....can that be done with any of these other cuts?

Is one more or less money than the other????

thanks

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
A princess and a radiant, in most cases, have a different facet pattern. A well-cut radiant should have an disorganized, "crushed ice" look. A princess has the X-shaped pattern in the center. There are radiants that exist that I think really started out as princesses, but had their corners cut (maybe because they chipped). I don''t know what a Lucere looks like, so I can''t help you there.

The v-tips are usually used on princess cuts to protect the corners from chipping. I don''t think they can be used on radiants since radiants don''t have the sharp corners but have cut corners.

Radiants may be less money since they aren''t as popular as princess cuts, but I''m not sure. If you have 2 well-cut stones of the same weight, one a princess and one a radiant, the radiant in most cases will appear larger. So, you may get more size for your money, everything else being equal.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Try this thread.

If you type "princess radiant" in the search box, a ton of threads will come up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results