shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess vs. H&A Modified Brilliants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stronze

Rough_Rock

Hi all,

I have been looking at princess stones on the GOG site, but as I was hunting around I stumbled on the modified brilliants. All of the stones I was looking at on GOG are beautiful anyway, Princesses and modified brilliants, but I have "got used to seeing" the setting I want to buy with a Princess cut in it. I like to look of the squared prongs. It is actuallly on this site, here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-i-did-it-come-check-out-my-ring.5208/}

I have found the setting, in platinum, all good so far....

I know that if I went for a modified brilliant (H&A) I would be paying a premium. The dimensions are similar to the princess, even for a lesser weight stone, so physically the stone would be similar, but I would be getting a greater and more uniform fire and brilliance for the extra cost. Unless I can find an exceptional Princess. All basic stuff... (see attached) .91 &. 94 modded brilliants and 1.18 princess.

The thing I can not reconcile is how a modified brilliant would look in a 4 prong setting, the posts would be round and I love the "squareness" of the four prong setting for the princess, I can't seem to find much in the way of pictures of modded brilliants on this site (or elsewhere) and I can not picture it in my mind's eye. I know in my heart that this is a preference thing, but does anyone have any experience of seeing them (modded Brilliants) in a four prong setting, in this type of ring, or perhaps seen any photos about so I can at least make a final desicion.

Then I only have to find the stone of my (our
28.gif
) dreams.

Thanks

Neil
34.gif

squarecomparisons.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Those are really beautiful stones! I know what you mean about wanting a very square shape..that''s what makes the princess so cool to me...but then again, the H&A stones are awesome too...I went modern cushion and it looks a touch too round for me in the setting.
Have you seen the stones in person? There are a lot of pix of the H&A cushion and jubilee in the SMTR thread....that should help you get an idea!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ummmm, is that the E Vs1 princess on GOG? I almost passed out when I saw that. What a great stone..and it''s got a great spread and I just love it! :)

stronze

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Yes it is that 1.17 EVS1 stone on GOG. It is amazing, and it would look fantastic. I do love the way that the corners look in the V prongs.... the cost of this stone is the only thing about it
23.gif
I''ll look againg on the SMTR thread, but maybe it is me, but I can always see the modded brilliants...

Neil

MrBleeker

Shiny_Rock
I just posted a thread in the "Show Me Your Ring" section... with a princess I will be buying. Mine is smaller than yours, but you can see what you can get with a great princess.. no doubt GOG has them!

When I saw the modified brilliants, I instantly wanted a Jubillee. I showed them to my g/f and she didn't like them... she said set in a 4 prong setting, without the V-prongs... they looked too round yet. She had her heart set on the pointy corners etc that a princess cut gives.

If you feel this way a bit too, from pictures I've seen, modifieds are a bit more round.. and if your significant other feels at all like my g/f did... then your probably better off getting a princess. GOG and several other vendors on Pricescope sell superb princess cuts.

Good luck!

burnban35

Rough_Rock

Niel -

Here is a picture of my SQH&A from GOG. It is set in a four prong peg head. The setting is a Facets Shared Prong Trio. I will be posting more pictures later today in the Show Me the Ring Forum - Under Can''t wait to have this set... to give you a better idea. This one was taken on the drive back home from having it set.
It is still very Square...I absolutely love it.

GOG was wonderful to work with. Whatever decision you make will be a great one.

Hope this helps,
Michelle

AhFinallySet.JPG

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Here''s one at a little more of an angle that shows more of the squareness. I''m still working this picture taking thing out...

DashboardShot.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results