shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut - Ideal Scope pic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock

Okay, so I have the pictures...On the idealscope, there is a white area towards the bottom of the diamond. I am told that this "is a reflection not a leak." (I''ll attach both images) Aside from that concern, which I hope is unwarranted, I think it looks great!

Any feedback before Monday would be appreciated!!

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 1.04
Color: E
Clarity: VVS1
Depth %: 68.3
Table %: 61
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: MD
Culet: N
Fluorescence: N
Measurements: 5.91-5.86-4.00

DSC_0030.JPG

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
I don''t know if the "poll" was the right way to go, but here is another pic...

DSC_0031[1].JPG

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
I don''t know what I''m doing - please excuse my lack of experience!!
7.gif
I shouldn''t have set it up as a vote. If you want, please reply to this message and tell me what you think... Thanks, Mojo

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could be wrong but I dont think I am...
Someone dont know how to do ideal-scope images.
Those tell you exackly nothing about the diamond.

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
The person who sent me the picture, said "It is very tricky to take these pictures and I am definitly not an expert."

Now I''m really concerned... How did you guess that??

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2005 11:12:49 PM
Author: Mr.MojoRisin
The person who sent me the picture, said ''It is very tricky to take these pictures and I am definitly not an expert.''

Now I''m really concerned... How did you guess that??

red background , overall tint to the pictures == something wrong.

Not using back light maybe?
Too strong side light?
dunno.
Id wait and hear what Garry has to say.
The ideal-scope is his baby.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
strmrdr is exactly correct...these pics tell you bupkis about the stone!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah, ditto what strm and gary said.....
(...but nice work setting up the poll!
2.gif
)

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
So, is there a "nice way" to tell this vendor the same thing that Gary said? I mean, I don''t know what I''m supposed to look for in an ideal scope...

Ugh, and I thought I was close to a sure thing!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes.
It is a nice try, but it is not a nice try.
Ask them to look at our website and if they want they can email me for a lesson

garryh at ideal-scope.com.au

replace the ''at'' with @ (never put your email address on a web page or it gets spammed)

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
Gary, Diamond Expert, Strmdr, belle and everyone else who has a good grasp on idealscope images...

Here''s another picture. Even my contact admits there is leakage...but is there too much? All opinions welcomed here!!

Picture 009.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re the reflection, it was interesting to me that it showed in both pictures at the exact same place, i thought it was kind of a funny thing for ''reflection'' to move with the stone? yes no?

i dont know what that last image is but it doesn''t look like a horrible stone...it could be a nice one but you do need a better IS image to show the real leakage (white) and the contrast spots (black) along with light return (red).

your contact may be getting too much light into the top of the idealscope while taking the picture...garry''s website is pretty detailed re: instructions. good luck!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara and Belle! This has been an ongoing thing with my contact. (who is wonderful by the way, in case she''s reading this!)

It''s apparent to me that:
a) She really is having technical difficulties with the IS
b) There is something truly wrong and that''s why I can''t get a decent picture

At this point, I''m getting frustrated. Belle I totally understand your confusion...I''m just as confused! At this point I don''t know what else I can do. She said "It is fairly difficult because the lens of the camera is significantly larger than the scope"

ummm, thoughts? Thank-you!!
32.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mojo,
it sounds like you are working with someone that has been pretty accomodating to your requests, which is good. obviously you haven''t seen this stone, so why not have it shipped so you can have a look at it? seeing it would probably put your mind to rest as to whether or not you think it is a good looking diamond. .....just a thought....
2.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Can you at least have a Sarin report run on the stone to determine the crown height/angles and pavilion angles? As everyone has said, the vendor you''re working with just isn''t doing a good job with the ideal scope.

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
Belle, good point...I need to see this baby...

Mara - would you believe, just my luck, she can''t do a sarin report?! She might be able to request it from the original vendor...but she is going to try 1 MORE time with the ideal scope...I''ll post the last attempt and then I won''t take up anymore of your time.

You all have been great, thank-you!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2005 1:19:46 PM
Author: Mr.MojoRisin
Belle, good point...I need to see this baby...

Mara - would you believe, just my luck, she can''t do a sarin report?! She might be able to request it from the original vendor...but she is going to try 1 MORE time with the ideal scope...I''ll post the last attempt and then I won''t take up anymore of your time.

You all have been great, thank-you!!

Dont worry about our time feel free to ask any and all questions.
We do this for fun and to be helpfull and most of all because we want too.
So post away and we will help where we can :}

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I have to say...taking pictures with the IdealScope is not rocket science. I know it does take some finessing at times, but I have managed to take pretty decent shots for a total amateur with a basic camera, as have others.

Also, can''t get a Sarin? Who are you working with? Sounds like one of those ''I''m at home in my PJ''s'' type virtual vendors...sorry to say it. If it is a virtual stone, possibly see who else can get ahold of it and can call it in (aka WF, DCD, etc) to see it in person and run some tests on it with machines they know how to use.

I would not buy without a decent IdealScope and a Sarin and all the other information required for such a purchase. Saying it cannot be done is ridiculous--maybe this vendor can''t do it but another CAN.

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
Okay, here is my last attempt at an idealscope pic. Maybe this will give us a better idea of leakage? Probably not, but here we go!!

Mara, just read your last post. Lot''s to digest. Thanks!!

last try.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks better...you can see some hints of contrast in there and the leakage is alot more visible...I don''t know much about princesses so hopefully someone else can chime in on the cut...

also can you get an actual image of the stone itself?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
unfortunately it is not great.
there is a lot of leakage around the edges and only really good light return in the table area.
The stone would probably rate around AGS 5 on the new system they have developed.
AGS 0 princess will become available from the 1st of May and if you can wait they will be beauties - far better than stones we have seen to date.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I can''t tell a thing even from the last image. It''s critical that the right light is used as you need to see the dark reds from the light, the black (scintillation) from the white (leakage). I would take Mara''s advice and see if this is a list stone. I worked with Denise from WF and she was great! I''d see if she can get the stone in for you (or at least more information on it).

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
Well folks, thank-you for your helpful advice. Gary - I hear what you mean about the new princess cuts, but if I wait until May I might not have anyone to give it to! (let''s just say I''ve been a little slow to take things to the "next step.")

Gary points out that there is a lot of leakage around the edges...I thought the same thing. How would all of you respond to this statement?

"the pattern in the stone is very symmetrical which helps to contradict the loss of light. It is very difficult to find an ideal cut diamond with perfect refraction."

Hopefully "it''s not great" doesn''t mean it''s terrible! hahaha, I just bought the darn thing and I hope it''s beautiful. I think in my next life, I''d like to be a gemologist. This has been so interesting and I''ve literally become addicted to diamonds!! I''ll post pictures of the finished product. HIGH 5''s all around!!

-Mojo

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on your purchase mojo! be sure to let us know what your eyes think when you see it!
(and yeah, we will need lots ''o pictures!
2.gif
)

kreg

Rough_Rock
Garry

I''m new to this board, but I am looking for an ideal cut princess. What should I expect to spend on an ASG 0 princess that''s around 1.5 carats?

Thanks
Kreg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry i do not do prices - that''s between you and your choice of vendor.
You can get an idea of the lowest existing prices and those for better cuts using the Cut Quality Search in the upper right of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results