carat
color
clarity

Pricescope''s Community Project

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 9:39:41 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I''d like to suggest Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/ as a recipient of donations. They serve the global community, which is representative of the members of PS, and their purpose and reach are nothing short of amazing.
Love them!! Of course, I am partial to "Kids for Peace" but that''s because I''m on the Board of Directors.
9.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 7:27:43 PM
Author: Lynn B
Great idea!
36.gif

Ooooh, I wanna play!!! All of the following pictures (of my AGS-0 2.36 RB in a custom WF platiinum fishtail setting) were taken by me.

I always thought this picture was pretty cool, note the *perfect heart* inside the diamond! Quite apropo, no?!

119heart.jpg

OK... more of my favorites...

117yay.jpg

106YAY.jpg

100YAY.jpg

102YAY.jpg

This next one looks so ethereal... almost... heavenly!
2.gif

101YAY.jpg

This next one was my avatar for awhile. I call it my ''OHMYLORD!'' picture ''cause that''s what I said out loud when I took it!!!
63ohmylord.jpg

94rose.jpg

96rose.jpg

Last one...
(EEEK, hope we were allowed to submit more than one!!!)
23.gif

TheReset15.jpg

Thanks!

PS Edited to add: I would love to see an animal welfare organization get some of the proceeds, please. I swear, next to diamonds, we are ANIMAL JUNKIES around here!!!
30.gif

Also wanted to toss in my 2 cents and say that I LOVELOVELOVE the idea of a desk calendar... how about even considering a 365 day one, the kind with the tear-off sheets?! (''A Diamond a Day''??!!!) If we got 365 submissions, wouldn''t that be awesome!!! Personally, I could use a calendar more than I could use a coffee table book, although it (the book) does sound AMAZING!!!
What a great idea! Lovely ring pics LynnB. I agree with the idea of an animal organization. How about Best Friends Animal Society in Utah?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh great idea! There are SOOOOO many wonderful pictures out there in PSLand.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
arunjane: those are some sa-sweet pictures of an amazing OEC. I adore that ring. I covet...I know that it wrong...but I do it again.
17.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
FranFine''s ring...

fran%20fine.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic idea! How exciting. If I may also put forward a preference for the Doctors Without Boarders charity as the recipient.

I''m on my iPhone and rushing out the door to work and don''t have a diamond but I''ve always been obsessed with FacetFire''s ring and I know she took a ton of amazing pics.

Also a little suggestion...could there also be a small version of the diary so I can carry it around with me??
31.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome project!

Here is my contribution - just a fun photo!

BEGSnowdiamonds.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Porridge, I ditto Facetfire''s ring.

But Franky, can you clarify something - the way I read it was best photos posted in 2009.
For example, Facets'' was in 2006.

Is it only for rings / photos posted in 2009.?
cheers!

And thankyou to those that commented on my OMC pics, I do appreciate it
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 2:24:33 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 12/2/2009 6:02:15 AM

Author: arjunajane

and these are a couple of my faves. Hope no one minds me posting a couple..
A couple? lol. Nice pics AJ.

you! quiet
25.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME IDEA!!!!

I vote for Best Friends Animal Society.

Gotta get some fab photos of my diamonds....

Lori

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Great idea.

You need Stormy''s Octavia, of course.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i would like to offer st. jude''s research hospital for children for consideration. it is my understanding that children are treated regardless of ability to pay. young children battling something so horrific as cancer breaks my heart and i feel this would be a good candidate for the project. thanks to ps admin and franky for doing something worthwhile.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
What a GREAT idea! Unfortunately, I don''t have any hot shots, but I can''t WAIT to buy the book!

franky

Rough_Rock
Hey Y''all!

I''m loving all these pics coming in... you guys are doing great!!

With regard to the question come up regarding colored stones.... You can post colored stones pics too and if there are enough pics we can even make a separate colored stones album / calendar.

Regarding arjunajane''s question, because this is the first album we are making, you can include pics from other years too! (the more the merrier!)
2.gif
Just make sure that the pics are available in a high quality.

Porridge, we can look into the diary as well. (i guess you need to take the album wherever you go to brag and show your friends too!!)

So far the following organizations have been nominated:
-the make a wish foundation
-the riley children''s hospital foundation.
-paaws
-rescue shelter for animals.
-Cancer foundations
-www.worldhorsewelfare.org
-The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
-a smaller organization
-March of Dimes
-Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org
-Kids for Peace
-Best Friends Animal Society
- jude''s research hospital for children

Keep it Rocking!!!

Franky

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Franky, I''m curious as to how you''ll select the charity/ies that receive the donations?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 8:24:41 AM
Author: franky
You can post colored stones pics too and if there are enough pics we can even make a separate colored stones album / calendar.
9.gif
9.gif

As if there wouldn''t be enough colored stone pics... haha, I think just between AJ and Mochi, there are at least 10 absolutely stunning rings.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I have pics to post! Will do so when I''m home.... but my vote (because I have a marine science degree and work in the field) for one of the organizations is:

Monterey Bay Aquarium''s Center for the Future of the Oceans. They do a ton of research and conservation acts, especially with lobbying for government protection bills. They are also really big on non over fishing and spreading the news about which fish is safe to eat and why..... here is their main objectives:

1. Marine Protected Areas: We support efforts to create a new network of marine protected areas in California and offshore waters, including fully protected marine reserves.

2. Ocean Policy Reform: We seek enactment of national ocean policy reform to address the failures of federal ocean management and governance in the United States.

3. Sustainable Seafood: We''re working with the public, restaurateurs, retailers and the seafood industry to transform the seafood market so that it favors sustainable fisheries and fish farming.

4. Protecting Wildlife and Marine Ecosystems: We champion policies that conserve and restore threatened marine wildlife on the California coast and in the northern Pacific, including the southern sea otter, sharks, tunas and sea turtles.

http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/efforts.asp

I had the great pleasure of visiting there when i went to CA (I''m from NJ) and volunteered some time. They really are a great organization that is making a difference.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Purple Spinel Ring!

ericarpurplespinelrose.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one for the book if ever I saw one. It''s Cellentani''s new spinel.

Cellentani Mahenge Spinel.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Another suggestion, Ellen''s stunning aqua. She has posted loads of great pictures of it, but here is my favourite:

Aqua7702 01.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had some better pictures. Quick Question. May I submit photos that my photographer took at our wedding? I didn't take them but I own the rights to them.

terrace%20pic2.JPG

terracepic3.JPG

terracepic6.JPG

terrace%20pic9.JPG

em1pics2.JPG

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
As an international board user, I would like to see the chosen charity be an worldwidel charity and not just help people in one country!

My chosen charity would be Medicins Sans Frontier, who I have always thought of as an amazing and inspiring charity. I actually got into nursing because I wanted to go and work for them, although never ended up applying!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
How about a pad for TravelingGal

A pad for TravelingGal.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pendant made by Ocean Pearlman for Xrisus with a Richard Homer Tourmaline

Xrisus pendant.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a nice idea! The pictures so far just blow me away. I would love to buy publication rights to three or four of them to use on a website development project I have since I would not want to steal anyone''s beautiful photo work. Maybe the proceeds of such a photo rights purchase could be all or in part donated to one of the chosen charities?

This would in no way inhibit Pricescope''s use of the photos for the project suggested here.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 1:01:23 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
This is a great idea! Love it!
36.gif

Wish I had some bling of my own to contribute, but I would like to nominate ladyciel''s pic of her rings and Loubies!

Thank you, HDG! And thanks to vc10um for pointing me over here.
1.gif

Here''s a cleaned up version of the pic HDG was talking about. (I pulled out some weird color casts from the lights)

favthingspsproject_sm.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Can the entries only be for pictures taken this year, or can they be from previous years? Also, are you only looking for diamond rings, or can other jewelry pieces be submitted too?

franky

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 11:08:27 AM
Author: orbaya
Can the entries only be for pictures taken this year, or can they be from previous years? Also, are you only looking for diamond rings, or can other jewelry pieces be submitted too?

Hi Orbaya,
As i mentioned earlier, pictures can be from previous years as well, as this is our first book.
You can post any jewelry pieces!

Franky

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 11:17:44 AM
Author: franky
Date: 12/3/2009 11:08:27 AM

Author: orbaya

Hi Orbaya,

As i mentioned earlier, pictures can be from previous years as well, as this is our first book.

You can post any jewelry pieces!

Franky

Thanks! Sorry, I didn''t read the entire thread before posting...I should have.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results