shape
carat
color
clarity

Pretty Pear..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new pear stone.

DI40X_GIA15933682[1].jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock

AST_GIA15933682[1].jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
the IS...

IS_GIA15933682[1].jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wow! that looks like quite a beauty! pears never called to me, but i think that''s because until PS i had only seen poor quality maul pears. there are so many gorgeous ones here, and every time i see one with a halo i just love it!

you must be so excited, congrats and can''t wait to see more! how are you going to have it set?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohh so lovely! Where (for) is it destined?

cheers--Sharon

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
and the pic. Sorry no camera pics. Camera''s broken.

dlkn-p.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
and last picture. It has an amazing amount of sparkle. I feel it might be just a little on the thin side. I like my pears fat. So I''m torn on keeping it or trying to find one that is a bit plump.

dlkn-p1.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gothgrrl,

I''m a pear girl. Your new pear is not thin! Speak to me baby, what are your specs? Length to width ratio?
Is that what you''re worried about? I just bought a second pear two weeks ago and sent it back last week because it was too small all the way around for the project I was going to use it for, but all the determining factors are still fresh in my mind.

Loose, it looks rather plump to me....

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Need to see a hand shot! :)

I was never a big fan of pear shape until recently & now I''m slightly mad for them. Yours looks great!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a beautiful pear!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! A pear pendant is on my wishlist.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful! Will you share the specs with us?

I also like chubby pears, and yours doesn''t look thin at all. I actually think it''s a good balance between thick and still keeping the pear shape.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow....thanks for all the kind replies. Okay, here are the specs. .45 SI/G with med. blue fluor. I really wanted to see what fluor. looked liked. I actually like it. Out-doors, it kinda looks like it has a blueish hue. And it does make the stone look whiter. 6.53X4.43X2.66 (1.47)

As for pictures, well, I have to get my camera fixed. I was all excited to post pics untill hubby said the camera''s broke. boo-hoo.

And after reading that all of you liked it, well I guess I''m going to keep it. I just can''t get over how much this sparkles. I was looking at it under different lights, and I was almost hypnotized by all the little facets. I don''t think I ever saw anything quite like that before.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t look thin to me, either. It looks beautiful!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, lovely. You have the prettiest fancy shapes!!! Gorgeous!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gothgrrl,

I think your stone is a keeper. The stone in my engagement ring is just right to my eye and mine is a 1.58 in proportion.
The stone I returned last week was a 1.69 (I wanted it longer to use as a drop from a diamond bow pendant I already own).

Your 1.47 IS chubby. You''re holding what you wanted. (1.50 is considered optimum, but then again, it depends on the wearers view of it. Everyone has their own aesthetic likes and dislikes).

You did well!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. Maybe I might do a halo like Firegoddess. She has THE most beautiful pear I''ve ever seen.

Gemgirl, I can''t wait to see how your pendant turns out.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! That stone in a halo would be fabulous! I think it has great proportions!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your pear looks stunning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pear diamond is gorgeous and I think it''s shaped absolutely perfect. I can''t wait to see what you do with it.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Gothgrrl

Your pear has a great shape!!
36.gif
Did you get it from Whiteflash? Did they help you select it or did you select from their search?

My original (lost)ring was a pear and I miss it so much that I am thinking of getting another one for a pendant.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Lucyloo, I did get it from WF. I told them my what I wanted and my budget and they e-mailed me info about a few stones. I worked with Bob. I have done several projects with them. Bob always answered my e-mail promptly and answered all my questions. I really enjoy working with them. I surely will come back to them if I ever do any other projects. (of course I will)
31.gif

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
Lovely pear!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gothgrrl,

I sent back the pear shape that I recently bought. I didn''t think it was proportionately big enough to go under my diamond micro pave bow. I''ll either wait until I can afford a bigger diamond -or- search for a collector grade pear shape Tanzanite, which wouldn''t make me unhappy either. I just love pear shapes and I think the make the prettiest pendants.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, love it!
30.gif
Welcome to the pear club! I like the simple setting (I''m a little biased, of course
2.gif
), but I do think a halo would be fab, esp with that size stone.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everybody. I always wanted a pear. Just LOVE them. But when I got engaged, I got a round. Not that I don''t like rounds, but I was always drawn to the pear. Now, finally after all these years, I just said what the hey, I''m going to get a pear for myself now. I''ll treat myself. Who said you have to wait for someone to buy you diamonds!
41.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2007 10:23:37 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Thanks everybody. I always wanted a pear. Just LOVE them. But when I got engaged, I got a round. Not that I don''t like rounds, but I was always drawn to the pear. Now, finally after all these years, I just said what the hey, I''m going to get a pear for myself now. I''ll treat myself. Who said you have to wait for someone to buy you diamonds!
41.gif
Ain''t that the truth! Is this going to be a RHR then?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pear! I had mine in a similar solitaire setting until I did the halo reset. Congrats!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
The stone looks beautiful! Hopefully the camera will get fixed soon too so we can see how beautiful it looks on your hand!
9.gif

Congrats on your new sparklie!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results