shape
carat
color
clarity

Precision Peridot Is HERE:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/15/2009 11:06:55 PM
Author: chictomato
Hi there back to the halo idea. I will be replacing the bezel with 4 prongs. Do you think it will look better in yellow gold with white diamonds or white gold with brown diamonds or just as the photo white gold with white diamonds? will the brown diamonds around the halo make the peridot appears to have a brownish tint? tks
Hi there, I need a little help here (again...) what size diamond melees should I use for the halo? They suggested 0.1-0.2. My peridot is about 7mm. I find the peridot size a little small, so I am looking at using a slightly bigger size diamond melees to make the overall size looks bigger, but I do not want the melees to be too big too and outshine my peridot. I am looking at 0.025, is that too big? Thanks in advance
33.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''ve already gotten good advice from PSers that know their jewelry design...I just want to say don''t go with BROWN diamonds. Go with white diamonds. As to size take a look at other halos -- there is an all halo thread. See if the smaller diamonds or larger diamonds appeal to you. I think halo to center stone proportions are really a matter of personal taste. Larger diamonds may take some of the attention offf of the peridot.

HTH

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It''s also a good idea to browse Youtube and watch some videos of pieces that have halos, just to see what you like. I think that the size you suggested (two and a half points per diamond) sounds good and should give a nice, sparkling band of diamonds around the peridot, without being over the top. You can also tilt the halo at a 45 degree angle and further reduce perceived brilliance if you worry that diamonds might take the stage. When it comes to halos I''m not a fan of overly thin ones, where all you see is a dead line of white stones that show no sparkle at all (cause they''re too small to show anything except white color).

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL PERIDOT!!!
30.gif

Lori

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What an AMAZING color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/18/2009 12:50:30 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
You've already gotten good advice from PSers that know their jewelry design...I just want to say don't go with BROWN diamonds. Go with white diamonds. As to size take a look at other halos -- there is an all halo thread. See if the smaller diamonds or larger diamonds appeal to you. I think halo to center stone proportions are really a matter of personal taste. Larger diamonds may take some of the attention offf of the peridot.

HTH

Hi there tks to the replies! Yes I am using white diamond not brown:) and I had browse thru the halo thread. But its kinda hard to gauge as the photo are real close up shot and most of the gem size and melee sizes are not stated.. I do not like the really tiny ones too:) I think I will probably go for a 0.015-0.02. By the way the jeweller told me that the price for a f color 0.01 melee is USD$6.60, f color 0.02 is USD$13. Does it sounds fair to you?

mariel

Shiny_Rock
That''s the prettiest peridot I''ve seen! I''m partial to WG so I say stick with WG :)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/19/2009 2:14:54 AM
Author: mariel
That''s the prettiest peridot I''ve seen! I''m partial to WG so I say stick with WG :)

Tks mariel:) I thought that a dual tone yg and wg will be nice, but I do not really like the side profile whereby you can clearly see the contrast of the gold colors. But I do like the head-on shot with the white diamond yg halo and apple green peridot color combo:) Anyway, I think that I will probably settle for a entire wg setting.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Chic,

Nothing really to add, except I thought you might like to see some really nice haloed peridots. These belong to Canuk-gal''s sister. I''m sure she won''t mind me posting them to show you.

canuk gals sisters peridots.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/19/2009 12:46:20 PM
Author: Gailey
Chic,

Nothing really to add, except I thought you might like to see some really nice haloed peridots. These belong to Canuk-gal''s sister. I''m sure she won''t mind me posting them to show you.

Thanks Gailey! Its really nice of you:) Ya I guess it should be looking something like this, maybe I will go for a slightly bigger size diamond melees:) My only concern now is if the setter will scratch or chip the peridot? Do you think its rude to ask? Does the halo, prong setting provide sufficient protection to the vulnerable peridot?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s rude to ask if the setter has some experience mounting more fragile stones (you can also mention tanzanite as an example because they''re popular and quite fragile). Halo can give some protection, especially if it sits higher i.e. if it''s more leveled with the table facet (top of the stone), but there are restrictions of design and construction to consider so don''t know what will be doable. Haloed or not, peridot isn''t really an everyday stone, more like something you put on for an hour or two when you go some place where you won''t do serious manual work.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
tks mare! I wiill be more careful to put my point across this tme. I think that I had offended Mr Dana then. It was really unintentional...on the CC Sapphire issue. I did expressed my apology.Do not want similar issue to arise again. I admit it must be blunt of me to post a question like that. Anyway tks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results