shape
carat
color
clarity

Precision Peridot Is HERE:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi all! I had just received my custom cut cushion peridot from Gene. I am very please with the purchase:) sharing a pict as promised! Thanks to all the Pricscoper for all your advises and recommendations to make it possible for me to obtain something I like
36.gif
36.gif
It measures 7x7mm I will be setting it in a diamond halo white gold setting. Its apple green do you think its nice to add a yellow gold bezel to it? or just all in white gold? thanks in advance

securedownload11 2.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful color! Congratulations!

I''m seeing a yellow gold bezel with that, but I''m not sure why. I think it''s because yellow gold will bring out more tones and complexity in the stone. I knid of like my stones to have some complexity, but that might not be the effect you''re going for! White gold would probably bring out the "pow" in that green, while yellow gold would give it a more subdued but possibly richer look.

Either way, I''m sure it will be beautiful!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very nice colour!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 2:47:09 AM
Author:chictomato
Hi all! I had just received my custom cut cushion peridot from Gene. I am very please with the purchase:) sharing a pict as promised! Thanks to all the Pricscoper for all your advises and recommendations to make it possible for me to obtain something I like
36.gif
36.gif
It measures 7x7mm I will be setting it in a diamond halo white gold setting. Its apple green do you think its nice to add a yellow gold bezel to it? or just all in white gold? thanks in advance
I personally would love the two tone ring. White gold ring with yellow gold bezel! That would be HOT!
30.gif
29.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I love the cut on that baby; I''m glad you found a stone you wanted! As far as the setting I think that yellow gold would bring out more of the yellow of the stone whereas the white gold would keep the attention more on the green, and as someone else said, make it pop. My preference is for white gold, but if you prefer a slightly more yellow look to your stone then YG might be the way to go.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A white metal will bring out too much contrast; yellow gold is what I recommend.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I would want to set it in a bezel, but worried about the GLUE issue. Do you think I should set it in a bezel or prongs, it will be ''protected'' in either way cos there will be a halo around it. tks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you need to go shopping for another benchperson. I would not want my peridot to be glued to a bezel setting.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If you go with yellow gold and white diamonds in a halo, diamonds might balance out the yellow from the gold and give a great end result.

I suggest you look around for another jeweller if this one can''t bezel without glue (and if you''d really like to bezel this stone).

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a great stone for sure, but I''d wait to get it before buying something to put it in. I''d hold it up against some metals just to be sure once you purchase. Peridots and yellow gold just look really good together, so maybe a 2 tone ring would be in order??

But I totally agree with the diamond halo idea
9.gif
or, even if you don''t go with a halo, maybe 2 very lovely side stones.

-A

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/14/2009 8:44:34 AM
Author: ma re
If you go with yellow gold and white diamonds in a halo, diamonds might balance out the yellow from the gold and give a great end result.

I suggest you look around for another jeweller if this one can''t bezel without glue (and if you''d really like to bezel this stone).

That''s a good idea
21.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the YG bezel with WG band idea!! That''s exactly what I would go for!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Peridot!
36.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/14/2009 10:44:36 AM
Author: Arcadian
Thats a great stone for sure, but I''d wait to get it before buying something to put it in. I''d hold it up against some metals just to be sure once you purchase. Peridots and yellow gold just look really good together, so maybe a 2 tone ring would be in order??

But I totally agree with the diamond halo idea
9.gif
or, even if you don''t go with a halo, maybe 2 very lovely side stones.

-A

What do you think about adding two 4.4mmX4.4mm color change garnet (trillion)?? it changes from teal green to purple:) will the color goes well together?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you''d have to hold the trillions next to the Peridot and try that combination out in different lighting. It might not look good in all lights or it might be stunning.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chic,
A single colour changer isn’t easy to find. Two colour changers are more difficult to find. A matched pair of colour changers is even more difficult to find. Add the limitation of them being a trillion cut on top of being a matched pair of colour changers and you’ll be spending years looking for them, especially if you want a teal to purple colour. I suggest you think of other sidestones for the peridot.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2009 8:28:46 AM
Author: Chrono
Chic,

A single colour changer isn’t easy to find. Two colour changers are more difficult to find. A matched pair of colour changers is even more difficult to find. Add the limitation of them being a trillion cut on top of being a matched pair of colour changers and you’ll be spending years looking for them, especially if you want a teal to purple colour. I suggest you think of other sidestones for the peridot.

^^ I totally agree with Chrono.

I wouldn''t look to color changers as side stones for exactly this reason. The idea of teal OR purple stones sounds like it would make for a very gorgeous ring. I would look in either of those two colors instead of trying to combine them into one stone.

-A

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely stone!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice cutting on that piece. I have an Afghan tourmaline from Gene cut in that brilliant cushion cut. It really maximizes sparkle

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/15/2009 11:24:26 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Nice cutting on that piece. I have an Afghan tourmaline from Gene cut in that brilliant cushion cut. It really maximizes sparkle

Thanks all (pricessplease,chrono..........), I agree
21.gif
however IRL the stone is much more green than yellowish (from the photo)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think I had found it! What do you think of the colors? will they sit well together?

color-change_GCC-00055-l.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This pair is slightly bigger 5mm , color does not seem as intense. Bkk

203A001.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there back to the halo idea. I will be replacing the bezel with 4 prongs. Do you think it will look better in yellow gold with white diamonds or white gold with brown diamonds or just as the photo white gold with white diamonds? will the brown diamonds around the halo make the peridot appears to have a brownish tint? tks

haloskatebar 2_2.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t go with brown diamonds, they might give peridot a slight olive component.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/16/2009 2:19:33 AM
I wouldn''t go with brown diamonds, they might give peridot a slight olive component.

Ya, you have reaffirm my concern. I am looking at the halo as well as the 3 stones setting at the same time.By the way what do you think of the first set of Color change Garnet 4.4X4.4x2.2mm. Forget about the second BKK set, color is to wash out for me. But the 1st set of CC garnet seems to be too shallow at 2.2mm, I am afraid there will be a window.. hence I look around and saw this pair of Tsavorite Garnet. What do you think to have a 2 tones of green in a ring:)?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 3:12:55 AM
Author: chictomato

Date: 10/16/2009 2:19:33 AM

Ya, you have reaffirm my concern. I am looking at the halo as well as the 3 stones setting at the same time.By the way what do you think of the first set of Color change Garnet 4.4X4.4x2.2mm. Forget about the second BKK set, color is to wash out for me. But the 1st set of CC garnet seems to be too shallow at 2.2mm, I am afraid there will be a window.. hence I look around and saw this pair of Tsavorite Garnet. What do you think to have a 2 tones of green in a ring:)?

Those garnets seem shallow to you cause trillions are among the most shallow cuts in general (if not the most shallow) so I''d say they probably don''t have windows, also because we''d see windows in photos. One of those three stones has a medium sized window, but nothing I''d worry too much about. Both colors could work with your peridot, and since you obviously love jewellery with lots of colors I''m sure you could make this work.
Nothing wrong with tsavorites either, that shade of green is lovely. But another thing worries me about this idea, and it''s a fact that you''re considering trillion garnets as side stones to a cushion cut peridot. Cushions and trillions have a different kind of brilliance. The one seen in cushions is made by larger facets and doesen''t show too much scintillation (life) of a stone. The one made by trillions is sharper, more scintillating and radiates from the center of the stone, much like a round brilliant diamond (cushion cuts are variations of some antique cuts that were invented back in the days when people used different kind of lighting, mostly candles, so that''s where this cut performs best). Also, garnets (to put it simply) don''t split a ray of light that enters them in two, while peridots are known for doing that quite a lot. That''s why garnet''s brilliance will be much sharper and more distinct, while that of peridots will be more muted, like you''re looking through a layer of haze.

What I''m trying to say - it might be a good idea to use different stones for sides.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
It''s a very nice peridot chictomato. I have a rectangular peridot cushion from Peter Torraca in a very similar shade of green. It is notoriously bad to photograph! I have also thought about a 3 stone. The two colours I think correspond best with this shade of green are purple and aqua blue.

I actually have a pair of amethyst cushions that I am thinking about pairing with mine. I also like the idea of smaller cushions with a centre cushion.

I think in your price range, you might well find amethysts (if you can find them small enough), or blue topaz.

If either of these two colours appeals to you I will try and find some side stones for you.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/16/2009 2:09:08 PM
Author: Gailey
It''s a very nice peridot chictomato. I have a rectangular peridot cushion from Peter Torraca in a very similar shade of green. It is notoriously bad to photograph! I have also thought about a 3 stone. The two colours I think correspond best with this shade of green are purple and aqua blue.

I actually have a pair of amethyst cushions that I am thinking about pairing with mine. I also like the idea of smaller cushions with a centre cushion.

I think in your price range, you might well find amethysts (if you can find them small enough), or blue topaz.

If either of these two colours appeals to you I will try and find some side stones for you.

Thanks Gailey and ma re. I agree that that purple is a nice match for peridot. I do not really like blue topaz though:)

ma re

Ideal_Rock
There are gem varieties that rarely come in large sizes, so are more often seen as cut in small stones, such as chrome diopside (a nice shade of deep green) or iolite (deep, navy blue). Also none of those two should be too brilliant or "distracting" to stand next to a peridot. In terms of shape, maybe a wider pear cut would go better as a side for your cushion, cause they generally have a more gentle brilliance and are not as lively as trillions.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/17/2009 3:42:45 AM
There are gem varieties that rarely come in large sizes, so are more often seen as cut in small stones, such as chrome diopside (a nice shade of deep green) or iolite (deep, navy blue). Also none of those two should be too brilliant or ''distracting'' to stand next to a peridot. In terms of shape, maybe a wider pear cut would go better as a side for your cushion, cause they generally have a more gentle brilliance and are not as lively as trillions.

Thanks ma re! These informations are certainly helpful for a newbie like me:) kindly keep me posted should you come across a pair! tks alot!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results