shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers needed for Kaleigh''s Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all. I wish I could thank you all individually. Please forgive me on that. You all are sooo appreciated.
1.gif

Today was rough. Rough because my Dad brought pills from home. He knows that is a big no no. But he caved and brought them any way. The crazy thing is, that Dad said she was soo good in the hospital because they managed her meds. I said yes, and please when she goes to the nursing home lets get her on less meds, etc... He said yes, great idea...

I got there, she was soo out of it barely able to walk. Slurring her words. I looked in the bathroom, saw the pills, had the nurse take them away.

I am so angry with my father. I have no words. He said, well I have my own life, she begged, and I caved. I said learn how to say NO darn it all.

I work to get her to a stable place and then you ruin it.
11.gif
11.gif

The nursing home knows how I feel, and will watch him.... But isn't that sad?

It's a roller coaster for now.

Glad I have such wonderful support from family and friends. And of course my wondereful PS family.
12.gif
12.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
emrose.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

I have no words, for what your dad did. I can''t imagine what he was thinking. I am glad the nurses are aware of it now.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry your dad isn''t cooperating Kaliegh.
8.gif
You are such a sweet daughter to look after her so carefully.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
It''s good your mom is in a place where they will keep an eye on her, and now that they are aware of what your dad did hopefully they will be able to watch out for that as well. I''m sorry he is not being helpful - I''m sure that just makes the situation so much more difficult. Hopefully now things will improve and your mom will make a speedy recovery!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 10:33:31 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Thanks to all. I wish I could thank you all individually. Please forgive me on that. You all are sooo appreciated.
1.gif

Today was rough. Rough because my Dad brought pills from home. He knows that is a big no no. But he caved and brought them any way. The crazy thing is, that Dad said she was soo good in the hospital because they managed her meds. I said yes, and please when she goes to the nursing home lets get her on less meds, etc... He said yes, great idea...

I got there, she was soo out of it barely able to walk. Slurring her words. I looked in the bathroom, saw the pills, had the nurse take them away.

I am so angry with my father. I have no words. He said, well I have my own life, she begged, and I caved. I said learn how to say NO darn it all.
L- I am very glad to hear that your mom is recovering well from her surgery! And glad to hear that you and hubby are going to take a well-deserved little vacay.

But- what is this about extra pills?? I assume they are pretty sedating, from what you are describing. That is not good for someone who had a fall and required a serious surgery! I don't want to her to have another fall; it might be disasterous, truly. I think the nursing home really should now allow her to take her "home medications." Eek I'm feeling worried about her too. Grr... I'm sorry that you have to keep such a close eye on her.

by the way- I am in absolute agreement with you on the fewer medications front, especially in our older folks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mom has to be operated on again. The surgery didn''t take!!!
39.gif
39.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Lisa, I am so sorry!!! What an ordeal for your poor mother, as well as for you!!!

Healing prayers coming your way sweetheart.

Love, Linda
xoxoxoxoxoxo

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lisa- oh that is terrible! I really hope it goes better this time. What an ordeal for you both.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry; that is awful.
15.gif
39.gif
Strong prayers outgoing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks.
5.gif
I am in a state of shock right now.. Had no clue this was headed our way...
14.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 2:58:15 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Mom has to be operated on again. The surgery didn''t take!!!
39.gif
39.gif
Oh noes! I''m sorry.
7.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my!! I am so sorry, too, Lisa. Praying for your mom...

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I''m very sorry this is happening right now. You''re doing the best you can and I totally hear you on the pills and control issues. The facility and staff sound beautiful and at least it''s all set for the next round of surgery--you are pretty much on automatic pilot--but flying first class, so to speak--you''re doing a wonderful job and she''ll be comfortable (albeit ornery) during recovery.

What else can you do? You''re only human.

One hour at a time. (and some good aromopathy, soft music, glass of wine at the end of the day...) My thoughts are with you.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lisa,

Ugh. When it rains it pours! I''m sorry your mom has to go in for another operation. I''m keeping you in my thoughts. Try and take care of yourself while you''re going through all of this mess. Somehow I see you running yourself down to the ground. Let us know how it went when you have a free minute.

Lots of hugs!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I know this has to be tough on you, but tougher on your mom.
Take care of yourself so you can take care of her.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m so sorry to read this thread. Hope the 2nd surgery goes well and the recovery is smoother this time.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you and your mom Lisa.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
So sorry about your Mom....going through one surgery is stressful enough! Healing thoughts to you both!
emrose.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Big Hugs, Big Hugs, Big Hugs, Big HUGS. ((((HUGS))))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m late to this thread, but just want you to know that you and yr mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of big MASSIVE HUGS!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!
35.gif

Mom''s second surgery went very well. They decided to keep her in the hospital over night, as opposed to releasing her to the nursing home. Wise decision methinks. They have her on a morphine pump so hopefully that will manage her pain. Onward and upward from here!! Thanks again. Lisa xx

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lisa- So glad the surgery went well. Hopefully this one will stick better! I hope she is back to her sassy self soon
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hugs kaleigh. BIG hugs.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gosh Lisa I am so sorry to hear that your mom is having such a time of it, but I am glad that the second surgery went well. Hopefully now she is on the road to recovery.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i''m so sorry to hear about your mom and the situation with your dad. many prayers and much dust headed your way. i hope you two were able to enjoy this past weekend and that things are looking up again!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How''s she doing Lisa?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s in good spirits but man this second surgery has been a doozy. I feel so badly for her.
She''s loved the private nurses, they have been a big help. I will know more once I get home, am flying back later today.
It''s just going to be a long road, but we knew that going in. I am sure all will be fine.
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Sending more healing thoughts to your Mom Lisa. You are taking excellent care of her. Hugs to you both!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Lots of prayers and speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results