shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers needed for Kaleigh''s Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

I''m so sorry to hear about your mom''s accident. Please let us know how she is doing. I''m thinking of your family.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I hate to hear this news Lisa! Super healing dust outgoing for your mom, an injury like that is no fun. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

(And this is totally comparing apples to oranges, but when I fell and broke both ankle bones in my early 20''s I waited almost 24 hours before going to the ER, where I waited another 8 hours to be seen and treated--yikes!) Let''s just say I was in a bit of denial.
2.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh kaleigh, how awful. sending dust to your mom, and strength to you.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, I''m so sorry to hear about your Mom''s accident, but thankfully, she''s now in good hands and she''ll get whatever she needs to heal. You and she have my prayers.

Your Dad on the other hand, needs a smack on the back of the head! I''m sitting here laughing because the same thing happened to me. I broke my foot around 10:30 one Saturday night on the way to the loo. My husband went to sleep early because he was leaving at 2 am to go to a fishing tournament. When he got up at 1:30, he saw my foot hugely swollen and the color of an eggplant, propped up on the dining room table. He told me "if it was still broken" when he got home the next night, he''d take me to the ER. Sunday night he got home, my foot looked like someone inflated it and he grabbed me and got me into the car. I had to hop into the hospital because it was so bad. At midnight I was released with my foot heavily taped and bandaged and on crutches (for six weeks).

I think it was "still" broken........

It''s good that you''re taking over as your Mom''s advocate. This way she''ll get ALL the care she needs.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I hope your mother has a swift recovery. I am soo sorry she needs surgery! I''m sending my most positive well wishes dust! *************

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Lisa, I''m thinking of your mom and sending healing vibes her way. Hugs.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thoughts and prayers with your mom and your family, Kaleigh!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Lisa! Your poor mom! That''s awful!
23.gif

How is she doing? ((((HUGS))))
emrose.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,
Mom is resting waiting for her surgery. It will be sometime this afternoon, they are backed up. She''s super tired. She didn''t get any sleep last night, poor thing. I brought her some pretty flowers That seemed to cheer her up a bit. But this is really going to be hard on her. Thanks for all the prayers. I really appreciate them. I''ll let you know once she''s through surgery.
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sending prayers your way Kaleigh. (((hugs)))

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2009 1:09:32 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Hi all,
Mom is resting waiting for her surgery. It will be sometime this afternoon, they are backed up. She''s super tired. She didn''t get any sleep last night, poor thing. I brought her some pretty flowers That seemed to cheer her up a bit. But this is really going to be hard on her. Thanks for all the prayers. I really appreciate them. I''ll let you know once she''s through surgery.
1.gif
Lisa, you''re a wonderful daughter and she''s lucky to have you. ((((HUGS))))
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you Lisa and your dear mother. I know how hard this will be on her and you. Please let her know that we are all here, wishing her the best. You are the best daughter ever!!!!!

Love, Linda
xoxoxoxo

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you Lisa. (((hugs)))

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
You and your mom are in my prayers.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Your poor mother! I can''t imagine someone not caring for her in that scenario! Thank goodness you were able to help her out!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooohhhh, I hope she has a speedy recovery.... prayers for you and your family

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I just now saw this thread, and I''m sending out my most fervent wishes for you mom to tolerate the surgery well and to recover quickly.

Hugs to you.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Thinking about you and your mom.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your mom''s accident. I hope she will recover soon.
Hugs

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I wish your Mom all the best. Hope the surgery goes well and she recuperates really soon.Will keep you and your Mom in my prayers tonight.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thoughts and prayers continue.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lots of dust for your mom for a speedy recovery.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Surgery went well. They put in a bunch of screws and a couple of brackets. They hope to get her moving the arm very soon. She has a morphine pump. She's out for the count. Will go back tomorrow. I am pooped, long day. She might be released as early as Thursday, so have to scamble to get her into the care facility. Luckily my Dad is in agreement and is cooperating with me. Like he has a choice, LOL!!

The real deal is when she gets to Rehab. Will she fight and get that arm working, or will she simply give up. Many people think this will do her in. I don't know. Her shin took a very bad blow, and much skin was lost. It is a serious wound that has a ton of healing to do.

Then there will be the depression...

I am going forward with eyes wide open and want to tackle everything....

Many Many thanks to all of you.
35.gif

xxx
Lisa

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update, hugs to you and your mom and prayers for a strong and speedy recovery.
emrose.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Lisa, I''m so sorry to hear this! I will certainly pray that your mom heals soon from these injuries. {{{hugs}}}

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update sweet Lisa. Prayers and hugs to you and your mother. I do hope everything goes well and she has a speedy recovery.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just spoke to her nurse. She''s watching TV, is comfortable. Physical therapy starts tomorrow on the arm. They don''t want it to freeze up. The broken bones involved her elbow. A bad place to get broken. I feel for her, I broke my elbow when I was 10. But I was 10, and she''s 78 soon to be 79. I will bring her some goodies, as I am sure she will be very hungry. More tomorrow...

Thanks!!!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 7:47:43 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Surgery went well. They put in a bunch of screws and a couple of brackets. They hope to get her moving the arm very soon. She has a morphine pump. She''s out for the count. Will go back tomorrow. I am pooped, long day. She might be released as early as Thursday, so have to scamble to get her into the care facility. Luckily my Dad is in agreement and is cooperating with me. Like he has a choice, LOL!!

The real deal is when she gets to Rehab. Will she fight and get that arm working, or will she simply give up. Many people think this will do her in. I don''t know. Her shin took a very bad blow, and much skin was lost. It is a serious wound that has a ton of healing to do.

Then there will be the depression...

I am going forward with eyes wide open and want to tackle everything....

Many Many thanks to all of you.
35.gif

xxx
Lisa
I so glad the surgery went well, but you are right the hard part for your mom (and for everyone watching for her progress) will be in the days and weeks to come. Much love and prayers to you and your mom and dad. ((HUGS))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Many hugs to her, you and your family. I wish her a speedy recovery.

Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Sending lots of dust that she''ll fight through this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results