shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
mapo|1408844209|3738323 said:
Cmd, another idea once you've saved enough, wait for a sale. PP often has sales around xmas, valentines day, and mother's day.
The only problem doing what you suggest is what she wants might not be in stock at that time.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1408904280|3738582 said:
Cmd, another idea once you've saved enough, wait for a sale. PP often has sales around xmas, valentines day, and mother's day.
The only problem doing what you suggest is what she wants might not be in stock at that time.

I'm ok with that. Really, with prices in the 1K+ mark (and in this case the strand was in the 2K+ range), even though I know I could put it on my CC and be able to pay it off with a bit of time, I'd much rather plan and save the money in advance than jump on something when it will cause a squeeze. That way I can enjoy it without guilt.

I'm imagining that if I plan a harvest strand (which honestly I'd prefer over a matched graduated rope), PP will likely always have a range of Tahitians in stock. If not, I can wait until they are able to source something for me. Also, once we are in to that price range, my preference would probably be to save up the difference and go for a multicolour round strand. I get that if you see something unique, and that you love, you may need to jump on it even if it's not the best time (provided you can afford it of course) or risk losing it for good, but I'm not sure this is one of those situations for me,

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
caro40|1408856112|3738377 said:
I get my pearls delivered to my work address and then slowly introduce my husband to them over time. He only just 'met' my two new tahitian strands a day ago when I introduced them as presents for me from him and my son for my mostly completing a major project of mine. I am usually painfully honest so even sitting on the purchase for a week or so felt awful. But the pearl bug took hold a while ago.

Caro,

Good idea!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1408911133|3738614 said:
I'm ok with that. Really, with prices in the 1K+ mark (and in this case the strand was in the 2K+ range), even though I know I could put it on my CC and be able to pay it off with a bit of time, I'd much rather plan and save the money in advance than jump on something when it will cause a squeeze. That way I can enjoy it without guilt.

I'm imagining that if I plan a harvest strand (which honestly I'd prefer over a matched graduated rope), PP will likely always have a range of Tahitians in stock. If not, I can wait until they are able to source something for me. Also, once we are in to that price range, my preference would probably be to save up the difference and go for a multicolour round strand. I get that if you see something unique, and that you love, you may need to jump on it even if it's not the best time (provided you can afford it of course) or risk losing it for good, but I'm not sure this is one of those situations for me,

Cmd, another way to reduce cost is to do without the rounds and maybe do endless (no clasp)....just a thought.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1408911133|3738614 said:
4Ranch Girl|1408904280|3738582 said:

I fully appreciate buying without guilt! I have been saving for a Kamoka harvest strand, but keep dipping into funds. I could buy it outright, but that would put some strain on finances. And since I am having a wedding in October, my husbands birthday was last saturday and my sisters birthday and parents anniversary just past my pile of money is now a tiny heap.

Now Kamoka has a few other strands I love so if I really really like my sale strand I am getting I would prefer to have PP make me a rope/harvest rope with my preferences, rather than just purchase what they have (unless it is a stunner). And get a different one from Kamoka. So I am totally ok with having that project take awhile and be on the backburner with my Kamoka funds. In fact the only reason i could swing a T strand this go around was I am exchanging something I got in the last sale. I can't complain to much, I am getting a beautiful tornado and tin cup at the same time!!!!

I think the mindset and route you are going will most definitely work out for the best for you. you can save and really plan out what you want out of that rope. It will be beautiful!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
+1 for financial prudence

Pearls/jewelry are just luxury items after all. Family needs and other practicalities come first.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received my Tahitians and LOVE them! Luster is sharp and the cherry peacock and pistachio overtones are so lovely. The pearls measure 8.9 to 12.6mm and are AAA quality.

The first pic is from PP (my strand is on the left) and the next three pics are my own.

two_pp_tahitian_1.jpg

pp_cherry_0.jpg

pp_cherry_tahitians_0.jpg

pp_tahitians_1.jpg

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new Tahitians are stunning. The over tones are really strong. Lucky you.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, chel180!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Spectacular!!! I don't even see how these colors are possible. Greens and lavenders -- WOW! Baby Nurse, wear your new drop-dead gorgeous Tahitians in health!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous overtones, baby nurse. So beautiful, and they look even better on you. :)) :cheeky: :appl:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby nurse, these colors look great on you!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
dmz - Your wife will be blown away by the strand you bought!!! I think we all are!

Pirard - Your drop rope is stunning doubled! Love the colors!

baby nurse - Tough choice but you selected a real winner! I looks soooo good on you!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
DMZ, you should have a very happy wife! That is one gorgeous strand full of pearls with different beautiful colors and overtones. I’m jumping on the “I want a guilt strand” bandwagon too, lol. :drool: :naughty:

Icy Jade, that pistachio strand is very cool. It looks like someone snagged it -- hopefully one of us so we can see neck shots.

Pirard, welcome! :wavey: That is a gorgeous rope of smooth, plump, glowing drops.

Baby Nurse, I thought the new strand looked nice in the PP glamour shot (although the pic was too dark thanks to PS), but on you, it looks amazing. :love: The cherry peacock and pistachio overtones are gorgeous! It looks great with that top, too.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby Nurse: I think in the future I want you to start picking out my strands!!! Those are spectacular! I didn't even know that Tahitians could come in those colours!

I'm super excited about my new blue green ones. I am taking Caro's advise and having them delivered to the office. That way I can introduce them to DH in a time frame that seems a bit more reasonable than on the heels of my other 2(!) Tahitian strand purchases.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, bsomlo, Fly Girl, baby monster, pkinnew, kay, and cmd :wavey:

Baby monster, I think I read that you returned your strand of Tahitians? Did you get something else instead?

mapo

Shiny_Rock
baby nurse, that is such an unusual coloring for a t strand! I love it. Do you remember how it was described on PP's website, if at all? THANKS!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My Tahitian rope was shipped Fed Ex and has been in town since last night. However, it isn't "due" for delivery until Wednesday, so it will remain at the Fed Ex facility until then. :wall:

Trying to remain patient, but geesh, you'd think they were prefer not to have these packages sitting around their storage facility. :twirl: I guess not! :nono:

Just venting. :mad: Thank you for listening. :))

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1409009880|3739241 said:
My Tahitian rope was shipped Fed Ex and has been in town since last night. However, it isn't "due" for delivery until Wednesday, so it will remain at the Fed Ex facility until then. :wall:

Trying to remain patient, but geesh, you'd think they were prefer not to have these packages sitting around their storage facility. :twirl: I guess not! :nono:

Mine is sitting at FedEx, too! Due to be delivered tomorrow :roll: .

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mapo|1409007422|3739206 said:
baby nurse, that is such an unusual coloring for a t strand! I love it. Do you remember how it was described on PP's website, if at all? THANKS!

Mapo, Chenai answered all my questions re this strand and I just received it this weekend. If you forward her the PP photo I posted, she'll know just which strand you mean.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl -- I am feeling your pain!!! Keep us posted.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1409011177|3739252 said:

Mine is sitting at FedEx, too! Due to be delivered tomorrow :roll: .

I had this issue with Fed Ex on my last delivery too. The website showed the package was in town, but when I called about picking it up, they would not let me have it until its due date. If a sender pays for 2-day delivery and it shows up in 1 day because it is only a short distance, they will not deliver until 2 days have passed. That is a fairly recent change to Fed Ex policy. We used to ship via Fed Ex 2-day to local clients and the packages were delivered the next day, so there was no point in paying for overnight.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Kay and Fly Girl - This happened to me also, I could see that my pearls arrived on a Fri, and was to deliver out Tues. I drove over to the Fedex Monday first thing in the morning, it took awhile for the lady to find my package, but she did. When I called on the phone about doing this on Friday I was told I wouldn't be able too pick up the package. Lucky this one time!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Baby nurse- your strand is glowing was it posted on the PP sale? Luminescent green similar to the Pinkjewel strand.

I thought this was another one similar that I hadn't noticed before listed on the PP sale:

TAN200-836 18-inch AA+/AAA 8.7-11.7 mm Drop Tahitian Pearl Necklace
This exotic strand of drop-shaped Tahitian pearls has a luminous wilver-green bodycolor with peacock orient shimmering around each pearl with striking pink and purple overtones. The pearls exhibit very clean surfaces and sharp, mirror-like luster.

dmz - How blessed your wife is to have a loving, caring, willing husband, your efforts remind my of mine darling husband.

Pirard - Thanks for sharing your rope, it is pushing me.

Who bought the 901 strand ? :wall:

cmd2014 - cricket, I, like you two have purchased another Tahitian strand. I love two strands together. Nacrelover's inspiring double strand pictured at the Ruckus pushed me along with the rest of you and your gorgeous ropes! So exotic! My goal is to wear the double strands for a while, and then incorporate a third strand plus a few have it re-strung, mix or alternate the pearls, for a long rope 60" would be nice (third strand, possible circled drop or baroque more barrel) something different, thanks Kay and all the others for your inspiring pictures.

Any thoughts and on the two strands I have chosen together? Suggestions please for a future mix of a different shape maybe a different color too. Sending picture of the original strand, green body /peacock and second strand dark green body/peacock. I wanted two very similar smooth drop strands to start off with and similar size. Second strand longer. Hope this works. Please be frank.

Current Strand
4061_1__0.jpg

2nd Strand
4062_1_.jpg

I like the idea of PP Frostlink Clasp
524_1_.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me - If you look back to the PP blog entry in June you will see mention of a lot of 5,600 fine peacock drop pearls that PP purchased. I would wager that the two strands you already purchased are from this lot. The pearls have exceptionally fine green body color, sharp peacock overtones, a plump drop shape and mirror-like luster.

The reason I went ahead and purchased my 54-inch Tahitian rope now is because it could be years before strands of similar shape, color and luster appear again. This is why 4Ranch Girl was warning earlier that if people wait, the vendor might not have what you are looking for. I'd go ahead and get that third strand now, if that is what you are planning. Then you can get pearls from the same lot and they will go together. I have several Tahitian pearl necklaces, and most of them are so different that they will not look good connected together into a rope.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Humm, I agree with you. This is what pushed my decision to the second hopefully similar strand coming, and similar lot, the item numbers were next to each other 826, and 2nd strand 827, I didn't realize this until later. Not sure that means anything. Thank you Fly Girl for your experienced suggestion.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1409022001|3739318 said:
Humm, I agree with you. This is what pushed my decision to the second hopefully similar strand coming, and similar lot, the item numbers were next to each other 826, and 2nd strand 827, I didn't realize this until later. Not sure that means anything. Thank you Fly Girl for your experienced suggestion.

You and I clearly share tastes....827 is the strand I almost bought (but got swayed by the blue green strand instead). I was hoping to end up with something like your first strand which just pops with colour (plus I love the pearls with hints of blue). Fingers crossed for us both!

So far none of the strands that I own play well with each other. It's amazing how much colour variation there is.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1409021461|3739313 said:
Frost Me - If you look back to the PP blog entry in June you will see mention of a lot of 5,600 fine peacock drop pearls that PP purchased. I would wager that the two strands you already purchased are from this lot. The pearls have exceptionally fine green body color, sharp peacock overtones, a plump drop shape and mirror-like luster.

The reason I went ahead and purchased my 54-inch Tahitian rope now is because it could be years before strands of similar shape, color and luster appear again. This is why 4Ranch Girl was warning earlier that if people wait, the vendor might not have what you are looking for. I'd go ahead and get that third strand now, if that is what you are planning. Then you can get pearls from the same lot and they will go together. I have several Tahitian pearl necklaces, and most of them are so different that they will not look good connected together into a rope.
Thank you FlyGirl :love:

I have been waiting since 2008 for a peacock lot just like this one to pop up. The girls missed the point of my post totally.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad to have you Pearl Queens to hold my hand, and help remind me of what you are trying to teach, Thank you. Forgive me, I'm going back to re-read. :saint: XOXO

In my profession, I have to teach clients, what they don't know they want, and that is what you lovely Pearl Queens do for me!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1409023248|3739327 said:
Fly Girl|1409021461|3739313 said:

Thank you FlyGirl :love:

I have been waiting since 2008 for a peacock lot just like this one to pop up. The girls missed the point of my post totally.

Please don't think I missed your point (and I certainly appreciate your expertise)...sadly, it doesn't change the reality of the limits to my funds. My hope is that the future may produce something perhaps different, but equally nice, when I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it. But I agree, if someone is looking to match multiple strands into a rope (or to wear together as a set), doing it in a single go is the only guaranteed way to go. Otherwise finding a good colour and size match might be near impossible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results