carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1408228853|3733907 said:
BM, your new strand has amazing luster, but I can see why you are not sure that they are a good fit for you. You can see some colour variation with the lighter silvery pearls and that one stunning gold one, but the rest struggle a bit in the photos that you say look most like RL to differentiate from each other much (they almost look like a matched strand, which would be a bonus for some people, but not for others). I've certainly seen some strands in person where the colour variation is striking. If that is what you want in your heart, then for the price of your strand you might be better off seeing what else PP might have. I think we work too hard for our money to spend it on large purchases that we don't love.
Thanks for your thoughts. That's what DH been saying to me for past couple days. I just love the AAA surfaces so much :love: but the colors are not showing up on me.

katkashmir, if you're still watching this thread, check with PP next week :naughty:. TAN100-1512-WM.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
mintea|1408222662|3733855 said:
LOL, I love hearing about other people's husbands and SOs being subjected to pearly madness. I grilled my boyfriend a couple days ago about whether or not I should keep my necklace and the first comment he offered up was "I like them. Nice and fat." :lol:

I am beginning to think that pearls "waking up" is a real thing. My strand looked so good today that I can't believe that my first reaction was disappointment. They still look just like a super dark, non-descript grayish color quite often, but when the overtones come out to play they're really special. I couldn't help but take more pictures.
1pearlhang.png 1pearlfernj.png
1pearlnecku.png

pinkjewel, your strand is so heartbreakingly beautiful. It suits you perfectly, too. I think I had either that strand or a very similar one in my cart at first, and I feel an intensely sharp pang of regret for not getting one of those "luminous greens" now! If another one along those lines is added to the sale I may have to stretch my budget further than I intended so that I don't have to deal with that "one that got away" feeling.

dmz, the pearls that PP picked out for you to make up for the mix-up are drop-dead gorgeous.

Hi Mintea, I'm fairly new to this forum. I'd like to know how your strand was described? I like how dark it is. Looks like there is a lot of aubergine tones.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pkinnew I love your rope and that it's near round what was the size range?

Mintea your drops are fabulous on you. I have a strand of drops coming this week, and I nervous about how it will look I have never had T's before. I had PP remove the pearl showing white in front. Here is a picture of a strand on it's way to me. I love seeing the glam shot vs. natural light and neck shots. All of these posts have really helped me… spend money$$$$$$$$. Money well spent!! :$$):

4061_1__0.jpg
8.4 to 11.7 green body peacock drop AA/AAA

caro40

Shiny_Rock
The 'blue' strand arrived today. So far it's more green than blue. Gorgeous though.
I have taken some photos of it with my other strand from the sale that I have photos for in earlier posts in this thread.

PP photo of new blue/green strand.
4050_1_.jpg

cmd2014 photo of same strand - see outside one.
img_6530__4__natural_light_photo_2_smaller.jpg

strand on me in dodgy work inside light.
new_green.jpg

green strand with other more peacock strand.
green_and_red.jpg

another one.
green_and_red_ii.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caro,

They both look amazing on you! Good together as a double strand too! I think you ended up with two fabulous strands! And I can totally see the blue, especially in the first picture, but you're right, it's only in the overtones and not the body colour, whereas in the PP picture it looked more like the body colour was blue.

In contrast, see mine:

These are in full sun. The peacock tones are much more obvious in shade/evening light.

_8997.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1408244971|3734036 said:
pkinnew|1408133542|3733170 said:
Neck shots!

I don't know how I missed the picture of you wearing your new Tahitian rope doubled, pkinnew! It's fabulous on you :appl: !

+1 from me too. They are stunning. I love the Aubergine overtones that some of them have. Plus they are so round!

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
katkashmir, if you're still watching this thread, check with PP next week :naughty:. TAN100-1512-WM.[/quote]

Thanks Baby Monster! I'll check out PP..

:dance:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your compliments on my rope! I love the peacock/aubergine overtones and the fact that they're off round. Frostme - they're 8 mm - 11.7 mm and 35" in length.

I loved catching up on this thread and pearls! pinkjewel - Your tahitians are amazing with the light green and various overtones! HHPmom - Impressive green rope - wow! caro40 and cmd2014 - Keep tempting me with those blues!

dmz - Your wife will be very happy with the custom strand PP created for her. Such rich colors!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
For international buyers, GlobalShopex (PP's partner for intl purchases) may decline your transaction saying that customs restrictions does not allow shipment of fine jewellery.

Customs restriction is absolutely untrue. So if you want to buy something, do contact PP's customer service. Jeremy will be removing the International Checkout option from the website but it may take a few days.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay...my experience with GlobalShopEx so far has not been great. I had to phone PP to advise them of my purchase as GlobalShopEx has delays of up to 48 hours in notifying the vendor of your purchase. It took 3 days for them to collect my funds, and I
still have not received a shipping notice when PP said my strand would go out Thursday or Friday of last week (which means under the old system I'd have them by today or tomorrow). I also did not like that all communication had to go through them and not PP, including regarding returns/refunds, with a 24 hour delay in response. Not the kind of customer service that PP is known for.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so despite the boo boo by GlobalShopex I am getting a strand after all, thanks to temptation from everyone's gorgeous strands in this thread.

Specs: AAA 8.4-12.6 mm - I've requested for lengthening to 20 inches
This strand is described as having green body color and colorful intense peacock overtones, with clean surfaces and mirror like luster.

image_2197.jpg

I requested for a natural light comparison with another strand and here it is. It is the strand in front. As the biggest pearl in front seems to have less overtones than the others in the strand, I've asked for it to be changed.

image_2198.jpg

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Off topic from all the beautiful strands on this thread, but Pearl paradise is no longer doing international shipping themselves? Man, that sucks (not that I have funds because school books) since I might have to think twice about buying if there is a third party involved.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
michellechan2211 said:
Off topic from all the beautiful strands on this thread, but Pearl paradise is no longer doing international shipping themselves? Man, that sucks (not that I have funds because school books) since I might have to think twice about buying if there is a third party involved.

Why would it matter? I presume it's like using Borderfree with Gap.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1408446627|3735382 said:
michellechan2211 said:

Why would it matter? I presume it's like using Borderfree with Gap.

I've shopped from places that use Borderfree a lot...and while I don't love the $30 surcharge that Borderfree demands, at least all your communication about the sale, the product, returns, etc. is with the vendor. GlobalShopEx is nothing like it. They decide the return policy, not PP. All communications are to go through them....and they don't seem to know anything. They were not honest about my purchase (saying that funds had been received when they had not been pulled from my account). My purchase still is not showing up on my PP account even though it's been almost a week. I have had no confirmation email from PP or GlobalShopEx, I've had to phone PP twice now, and I still have no clue where my necklace is or when I will get it, or even if it is coming (even though it is paid in full in cash). I am not happy with my experience with them so far, and won't likely buy from PP if this is the system they decide to use.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade - Beautiful strand! I think you'll love it in person too because when PP says intense peacock it really is intense!

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Here are mine! AA/AA+ baroque Tahitian pearl choker from the Pearl Paradise sale. It's 15.5 inches. PP sent me the spare pearls and I also have drop earrings made from two of the pearls. However, I don't like the boxy findings so I'm sending those back and might re-set the loose pearls as dangle earrings at a later date. But for now:

gedc3624.jpg

gedc3626.jpg

gedc3634.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Very cool choker length and I love the shapes of the pearls. Wear you new necklace in health! (More pictures wouldn't nice!)

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Well, if you insist! Pix indoors with and without flash. Thanks for the kind comments!

gedc3643.jpg

gedc3644.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1408334526|3734560 said:
Caro,

They both look amazing on you! Good together as a double strand too! I think you ended up with two fabulous strands! And I can totally see the blue, especially in the first picture, but you're right, it's only in the overtones and not the body colour, whereas in the PP picture it looked more like the body colour was blue.

In contrast, see mine:

These are in full sun. The peacock tones are much more obvious in shade/evening light.

cmd2014,I am really loving all these the dark greens with the peacock yours are lovely cmd2014. Caro I second the togetherness of the two strands, I can see the blue. :sun:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
JanesJewels|1408460732|3735492 said:
Here are mine! AA/AA+ baroque Tahitian pearl choker from the Pearl Paradise sale. It's 15.5 inches. PP sent me the spare pearls and I also have drop earrings made from two of the pearls. However, I don't like the boxy findings so I'm sending those back and might re-set the loose pearls as dangle earrings at a later date. But for now:

JanesJewels, Your neck shots are great I love the choker length, is this picture of the earrings that are too boxy? I am really loving those earrings, did you pick the pearls they look very round? Green/Peacock?

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Frost Me|1408464548|3735523 said:
JanesJewels|1408460732|3735492 said:

JanesJewels, Your neck shots are great I love the choker length, is this picture of the earrings that are too boxy? I am really loving those earrings, did you pick the pearls they look very round? Green/Peacock?

Hi, thanks for the kind remarks! The earring pearls are from near the back of the originally-18-inch strand, and yes they are quite round. When you see them in their whole length from the front, there is a baroque drop shape at the top, but I don't think you notice them when worn. It's the finding that is too boxy. When they're on, they look like an oblong box from the front and I think they detract from the pearl. I will have them re-set at a later date, but am going to send the findings back to PP.

Whether they are green or peacock, I can't quite remember the PP description but I think it was mainly green. I don't think there was peacock!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
JanesJewels - Beautiful pearls and great length! I love the choker look but I don't know how good it would look on me with my thick old neck lol! On you it looks fantastic!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I'm personally a fan of that finding -- simple, classic and I like the "click" one hears when it's closed properly. Very nice set!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade: Those are both beautiful strands, but I love the one you chose. I can totally see swapping out that front pearl!

JanesJewels: I was wondering to myself yesterday whether or not you had received your strand and whether or not you liked it. It is GORGEOUS, and goes so well with your colouring. Plus the symmetry in your drops is really something special! I love it....and hope you do too!

I have come to the conclusion that my Tahitians are creatures of the night! They really do not come alive until after dark, or unless they are in the shade. I was driving in to work today and the fog was unbelievable...and I caught a glance of my strand in the rearview...and there were all the purples and peacocks that I just can't see in most lights. I was annoying the driver behind me at red lights because I couldn't stop looking at them! :bigsmile:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread! Thanks for posting all your beautiful pearl finds! Keep them coming.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014 - Fog makes for perfect natural diffused light and is excellent for viewing pearls. During the ruckus we were blessed with the typical spring/summer Southern California marine haze both mornings. (See "June Gloom" in Wikipedia.) Saturday morning the fog was especially dense, moving in waves off the ocean, and the pearls were gorgeous. :))

Enjoy your pretties!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flygirl...I can't even imagine being able to oogle everyone's strands in fog in California...it must have been amazing.

I am so excited I just had to share! I got an email from Lynsey at PP saying that they would FedEx me out my multicolour strand today, given the issues with GlobalShopEx! So I should have them in a day or two! Yay!!!

renwea

Shiny_Rock
I have this strand coming from the sale. Ive drooled over the round multi colored strands every day but the rounds are a little too steep in price for me.

3613.gif

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
renwea|1408482541|3735699 said:
I have this strand coming from the sale. Ive drooled over the round multi colored strands every day but the rounds are a little too steep in price for me.

That looks beautiful! Can't wait to see a neck shot of it on you! (I love the round multi-coloured strands too...I'm putting it on my lemming list for 'some day.')

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
renwea|1408482541|3735699 said:

I love the shapes and colors in this strand! Please post oodles of neck shots!!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results