shape
carat
color
clarity

Post you hairstyles for parties, events, weddings...!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Could this be the one? Brown on brown, strapless?

carolinaherreradress.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is it! (without the feather thing! and my sash has no edge colors, just brown satin and brown ribbon).

The back is actually pretty too, it sort of gathers up a bit and has some of the ribbon.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I brought in a picture of Carrie Underwood type hair for a formal.. and this is what I got. I absolutely loooooved it!

ETA, beautiful dress!!

promhairpoof.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that. Is that you? You are so pretty!

I think I love that look with my gown, which onvacation so nicely found and posted. I think it will look great.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Haha yes it is, but it''s an older picture. Thank you very much!

I think with similar hair and that dress you will look fabulous. What shoes are you wearing??

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, I love that dress!!!!!! With the color of your hair WOW!!!! Your have exquisite taste lady.

OUP, you are gorgeous. What a darling picture of you.

Linda

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Oh, DFan, I do hope you will post some photos. I would love to see your ensembles and jewelery. Well, the shoes, as well
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did someone say shoes?!

What shoes are you going to wear DFan?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DFan, that dress is *stunning*! You will look beautiful! I love the half hair up look (obviously if you look at my wedding photos
2.gif
).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The shoes for the black suit are CL suede simple pumps in the 80 mm.

for the gown, I have bronzed dark brown manolo sandals with somewhat wider straps but no one will really see them. not sure if they are on line, but I am sure someone will find them here! it is a deep brown with a bronze infusion!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THAT is your dress?!?!?! Holy Cow!!!!! it's amazing - really so beautiful :) best wishes for a special day - you ladies have a great time!

p.s. that carrie underwood hairstyle is TDF...she wears her hair like that a lot, and i always save the pics in case i need a formal inspiration. I am sure will look so beautiful with that dress....love it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how that style looks great on blondes and brunettes too - it''s just so soft and feminine. Here it is on Ashanti....so pretty.

452cae9d18ac7e0122084394bfef8ab5_t.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Violet, I love the dress. I saw it at Saks in the spring at a trunk show and knew it was the one. The Manolo is called the Kava but it is not in silver as on the Neimans site, but a beautiful rich bronze. I know they will not show much but I love them.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
dfan, you''re going to look great! I think the Carrie Underwood hair will look perfect with your gown! And that gown is gorgeous! The brown makes it really special-not too many evening gowns in that color. I''m sure everything will be perfect!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing, I agree. The party is being mostly done in apple green, turquoise blue, white, and touches of gold and brown. I really did not want to wear black as it does not show well in photos. Last time I wore a gorgeous strapless Monique Lhullier gown, it was grass green with a black satin sash. So I did not want to wear green again. Brown looks good on me, I can do a smokey eye in browns and bronzes and then a nude lip with lots of shimmer. It should look really nice. I wanted strapless so I could wear my necklace. I actually found this gown first and knew it was the one, which is a bit rare for me. I tend to think and think and think til I make myself crazy.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 8:04:13 PM
Author: diamondfan
Thing, I agree. The party is being mostly done in apple green, turquoise blue, white, and touches of gold and brown. I really did not want to wear black as it does not show well in photos. Last time I wore a gorgeous strapless Monique Lhullier gown, it was grass green with a black satin sash. So I did not want to wear green again. Brown looks good on me, I can do a smokey eye in browns and bronzes and then a nude lip with lots of shimmer. It should look really nice. I wanted strapless so I could wear my necklace. I actually found this gown first and knew it was the one, which is a bit rare for me. I tend to think and think and think til I make myself crazy.

It sounds like your gown is going to be perfect with the colors of the party, too! And your eye make up sounds gorgeous-do you have brown eyes? (I think you said you did once before).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I have blond hair and blue eyes. I loved the idea of doing a blue dress, maybe aqua, I actually like navy too but thought it might not work. I was only adamant about no black. I look good in brown, grey, navy, burgundy, black, most greens and blues and pink. I look awful in orange and yellow. I can also wear a nude tone if it has pink in it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No one else has inspiration photos for this thread?
39.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I like this one!

prettyhalfupdo.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Middle part with no bangs..

fergiehalfup.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Eva Longoria

half-updo-longoria.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ou, I like the first one too! I am going to show my hairdresser on the day of the bar mitzvah, he is coming to my house to do my hair. I cannot wait to show him all the ideas I have.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could pick any of those styles and they would look great on you!

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 8:04:13 PM
Author: diamondfan
You'll look smonkin' hot! I really like the dress, very very classy and I adore the Carrie Underwood-do, kind of formal but still kind of relaxed, it'll def go well with your dress.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much. I never wear my hair like that really so I thought it was a nice option. I have done it once or twice and I really liked the way it looked.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''ve been meaning to post--gorgeous dress Caroline!

I know you don''t want an updo--but I particularily like this one worn by Jessica S. It looks classy without being uptight (usually assoicated with a classic chignon....)

http://www.beautifulhairstyles.com/prom/jessicasimpson.html

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say I LOVE that style but have not ever worn my hair completely up and I do not want to feel funny. I love it, but like having some hair down too...but I am saving that for another event as I think it is stunning.

golden

Shiny_Rock
I like this

jshair.JPG

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
the hairstylist for my wedding did a beautiful side swept low ponytail (with a strand of hair covering the elastic) for one of my bridesmaids. It looked amazing. I have to find a picture for you.

Did you want hairstyles for your inspiration? Or just a general collection of hairstyles for anyone? I tend to go for a full updo because I cannot stand having hair in my face. I will fuss and fuss with it until it loses the style - and then it just looks awful. I love the look of swoopy bangs across the forehead, and I always have my hair cut like that but I always end up clipping the bangs back by the end of a party.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results