shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll because I''m having a nervous break down over settings!

Whic do you feel will do my JW sapphire the most justice?

• Sholdt Fremont with diamonds

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one is seriously gorgeous!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 5:17:11 PM
Author: decodelighted
I haven''t read all the other answers yet but had to get this out there:

What are you going to do about a wedding band?

There''s something about either of these styles that I can see *fighting* with a wedding band. A plain narrow metal band would probably be the only style to work *with* it. Diamond bands might fight because there''d be two different widths of diamonds going on -- unless you found a narrow band with exactly the same proportion to the ribbon of diamonds in your e-ring.

Please think about this BEFORE you do a final order!

RE: the original question. Seems like the 2nd one would allow more light into the sapphire, but I prefer the aesthetics of the first one for diamonds.
Oh Deco do I hug you or cry...I don''t know which to do.
3.gif

If you look in my thread where I posted that I had found my setting a whole hour or so before the indecision set in...on page 2 D&T showed some examples of rings she has paired with it. I like the plain band as well as her channel set band and she has a bezel band on the way.

Here is what I was thinking for wedding band. Most likely I will have a 2mmplain band and then I either want a danielle band in all diamonds or a very tiny french cut band like pancakes new one. Go ahead and gimme your thoughts on those. I could go with 1 substantial diamond band too rather than 2 small bands but I kinda like the small bands idea.

Another option is the plain bezel for ym sapphire with 2 small diamond bands. I really haven''t entertained this idea because I think the sapphire needs some diamonds with it and my bf and jeweler both thought that my sapphire would look its best with the bezel setting with diamonds in it.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love the Sholdt semi bezel !

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 7:41:44 PM
Author: stepcutgirl

Date: 3/15/2010 5:17:11 PM
Author: decodelighted
I haven''t read all the other answers yet but had to get this out there:

What are you going to do about a wedding band?

There''s something about either of these styles that I can see *fighting* with a wedding band. A plain narrow metal band would probably be the only style to work *with* it. Diamond bands might fight because there''d be two different widths of diamonds going on -- unless you found a narrow band with exactly the same proportion to the ribbon of diamonds in your e-ring.

Please think about this BEFORE you do a final order!

RE: the original question. Seems like the 2nd one would allow more light into the sapphire, but I prefer the aesthetics of the first one for diamonds.
Oh Deco do I hug you or cry...I don''t know which to do.
3.gif

If you look in my thread where I posted that I had found my setting a whole hour or so before the indecision set in...on page 2 D&T showed some examples of rings she has paired with it. I like the plain band as well as her channel set band and she has a bezel band on the way.

Here is what I was thinking for wedding band. Most likely I will have a 2mmplain band and then I either want a danielle band in all diamonds or a very tiny french cut band like pancakes new one. Go ahead and gimme your thoughts on those. I could go with 1 substantial diamond band too rather than 2 small bands but I kinda like the small bands idea.

Another option is the plain bezel for ym sapphire with 2 small diamond bands. I really haven''t entertained this idea because I think the sapphire needs some diamonds with it and my bf and jeweler both thought that my sapphire would look its best with the bezel setting with diamonds in it.
SCG - You might want to consider wearing that magnificent sapphire ring solo, with no separate wedding band. The channel set band has the look of a wedding band already built in. I would suggest getting a plain metal band anyway, for all those times when you don''t want to wear a fancy ring..working out at the health club, cleaning the house, weeding the garden, bathing the baby, etc. etc.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thats an idea fly girl but I think I want a wring to wear with it, especially since its a sapphire ering...I want to make sure people know its an ering.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results